Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 8th largest army in world deploys...

wrote in message ...

Until they refuse to be bait they will keep dying, as bait does.

Apparently for some people death is less terrifying than their children
living in a stinking refugee camp forever.

I don't judge. I understand when Israel kills "civilians". They aren't
civilians at all. They're pawns.

So when American civilians die in a terrorist attack and the terrorist group
says the dead were pawns of the American military-industrial regime, you'll
be okay with that. Because once somebody says the dead were mere pawns,
it's cool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Right, those women and kids should tell the guys with the AK-47s and
RPGs to get the hell out of town. If you were in their place you'd
be more than happy to go eyeball to eyeball with heavily armed
fanatics, sure you would.

The fanatics armed with AK-47s have to sleep sometime.

They take shifts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-12-25, HeyBub wrote:

that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the
world....

I've been saying this for 40 yrs. A foreign land army wouldn't get
half a state from the beaches before being defeated. Every redneck,
yokel, hunter, militia nut, and gun collector in the Us would be
mounted up and rolling within minutes of the news. This is why I
found the movie Red Dawn totally preposterous. Those piñata pinkos
woulda' been wiped out in 24 hrs. And AKs vs scoped 300 WinMags?
Puh-leeze!

...except the states on the coasts have banned guns.

Really ??? How about Maine , NH Conn. Penn. The Carolinas , Ga. Alabama and
Florida , ect....Not everybody is in NY/NJ and Mass and even there it's only
handguns....California is prime for the taking and as far as I'm concerned
they can have it...We'll stop them at the Rockies...LOL..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:45:52 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

wrote in message ...

Until they refuse to be bait they will keep dying, as bait does.

Apparently for some people death is less terrifying than their children
living in a stinking refugee camp forever.

Then they've dug their own graves.

I don't judge. I understand when Israel kills "civilians". They aren't
civilians at all. They're pawns.

So when American civilians die in a terrorist attack and the terrorist group
says the dead were pawns of the American military-industrial regime, you'll
be okay with that. Because once somebody says the dead were mere pawns,
it's cool.

It's hard to believe that even you are that full of ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:27:55 -0500, "benick" wrote:

.. .

On 2010-12-25, HeyBub wrote:

that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the
world....

I've been saying this for 40 yrs. A foreign land army wouldn't get
half a state from the beaches before being defeated. Every redneck,
yokel, hunter, militia nut, and gun collector in the Us would be
mounted up and rolling within minutes of the news. This is why I
found the movie Red Dawn totally preposterous. Those piñata pinkos
woulda' been wiped out in 24 hrs. And AKs vs scoped 300 WinMags?
Puh-leeze!

...except the states on the coasts have banned guns.

Really ??? How about Maine , NH Conn. Penn. The Carolinas

NY, NJ, PA,...

Ga. Alabama and Florida

"The coasts" generally refers to the East and West coasts, but you knew that.

, ect....Not everybody is in NY/NJ and Mass and even there it's only
handguns....California is prime for the taking and as far as I'm concerned
they can have it...We'll stop them at the Rockies...LOL..

You do that. Stop the Kalifornicans, too, or it'll do no good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 8:40*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"harry" *wrote in message

It was the US military invented the term "collateral damage". Nobody
had hear of it 'til then.

It was the head of RAF Bomber Command who said if he couldn't kill a German
worker standing at his lathe then he was happy to kill him sleeping in his
bed. *Of course that meant he was going to kill the civilian worker's wife
and kids as well....

You really don't want to look at your own nation's history much, do you.
And you'd crawl over broken glass to take a swipe at the U.S., wouldn't you.

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.
Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.
What was your reason for Vietnam and Iraq? Ah, now I remember, a pack
of lies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...

First, getting rid of guys with automatic weapons and a reputation for
killing people who disagree with them isn't so easy.

True. Just that the normal person to fanatic ratio is so high. I guess
a bunch of this is just that the leaders and heavyweights are in with
the bad guys.

If reasonable folks like you and me had instead been raised in a refugee
camp, with no nation to call our own, with violence and poverty all around
us, with a powerful neighbor dropping bombs every time some terrorist group
blew up a bus or whatever--who knows, we might be on the fanatical side too.

Yeah, but why not fanatical against the guys actually CAUSING the
problems? That is the part I don't understand. Even in those
circumstances, the cause and effect relationship could be seen.

This is more along of the lines of the stuff I don't understand. I
agree it one thing to rise up, but something entirely different to join
the people bringing down the pain.

What if they're the source of social services for your family? What if they
replaced a corrupt and incompetent administration which primarily took care
of itself? What if they're the only ones fighting back against what you
perceive as your enemy? I'm under no illusions about Hamas, their charter
reads bat**** crazy, they are fanatical thugs. But people as desperate as
the Palestinians will turn to desperate measures. Sooner or later the
Israelis have to climb down a little bit and stop building settlements all
over the place, and the Palestinians have to back away from their total
refusal to admit Israel is there and not going away. They're both going to
have to give up something, or they'll be bleeding forever.

And some time the Palestinians will have to realize that they aren't
Israel's pawns as much as they are expendable cannon fodder for Hamas,
etc. Largest part of the reason the Palestinians are in the hurt locker
is because Israel gave up the territory. Within Israel, the Palestinians
are treated better, have access to jobs, have their healthcare and other
services taken care of.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:

If reasonable folks like you and me had instead been raised in a
refugee camp, with no nation to call our own, with violence and
poverty all around us, with a powerful neighbor dropping bombs every
time some terrorist group blew up a bus or whatever--who knows, we
might be on the fanatical side too.

Ah, but if not reasonable...

I stopped at a fruit stand in Jerico for a refreshing drink of
fresh-squeezed orange juice. (The area around Jerico is the Florida of
citrus fruits for Europe.) I chatted up the owner.

Me: "What is that abandonded cinder-block city just down the road?"

Fruit-stand owner: "It's an old UNRWA (Relief and Works Administration)
camp. It was originally built in 1948 to hold the refugees from the Israel
war. Then in 1967, in the next war, everybody abandoned it and fled to
Jordan because 'the Jews were coming!' "

Me: "What difference would it make that the 'Jews were coming'?"

Him: "The people were afraid they were going to be killed!"

Me: "Did anybody get killed?"

Him: "Er, no."

Me: "Did you flee?"

Him: "No. I had my fruit stand!"

Me: "... So, how's business?"

Him: "Business is good, Allah be praised!"

-----
You've got to understand that NOBODY likes the Palestinians. The Ottomans
kept them oppressed for about a thousand years. The Jews ran them out of
Israel and much of the West Bank. The Jordanians kicked them out of the
country (the infamous "Black September" movement) and they went to Lebanon.

Lebanon was, before the arrival of the Palestinians, the Riveria of the
Middle East. The Palestinians ****ed it up beyond belief and it remains
****ed to this day. Israel tried to clean out the nest but the super-powers
stepped in at the last minute. Nevertheless, many of the Palestinians went
to Cyprus (kicked out), Morocco (kicked out), and Gaza (where they stayed).

As part of the peace accords after the Yom Kippur War, Israel tried to give
Gaza back to the Egyptians along with the rest of the Sinai. Egypt said "Not
by the hair of my chinney-chin-chin. The place is full of Palestinians!"

Arabs, in general, are not too bright but the stupidest of these are the
Palestinians. Those Palestinians remaining in the PLO/West Bank said "We'll
take Gaza!" So they got it. Evidently not realizing it was full of
Palestinians.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 12:48*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*"DGDevin" wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" *wrote in message
om...

[...]

http://www.albertastars.com/posts.ph...=19&topic=3199
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 12:44*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."

Oh so what was the excuse for attacking Iraq? Oh revenge for 11/9.
Even then it was lie.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2010 10:31 AM, harry wrote:
I like Palestinians. Lot's of people like Palestinians. Jesus was a
Palestinian.

The word "lots" doesn't have an apostrophe, you dumbwit ****. Your
ignorance shows up in so many way...... Why do you insist of filling a
home repair newsgroup with your continuous stream of political ****?

Get lost, ****tard....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 1:10*am, "DGDevin" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" *wrote in message

The women and kids you refer to are forcibly planted by Hamas in and
around military targets, knowing that, unlike Hamas, *Jewswould never
deliberately kill innocent civilians.

So, that right-wing religious nutcase group in Israel that was arrested for
preparing to firebomb an Arab girls school in hopes of igniting a war with
the Arabs they believed Israel would win, do they qualify as Jews intending
to deliberately kill innocent civilians?

As to the "usually" have to be provoked, when else would they attack?
Wouldn't our country or ANY country take out rocket launchers or other
attack installations BEFORE they can kill civilians? *Why would Israel
be different?

Are you recommending we bomb North Korea, now, before they can launch any
missiles? *BTW, I'm not suggesting Israel doesn't have a right to shoot
back, but let's not kid each other, they've been known to shoot first
because they can't afford to lose many battles. *I'm generally well-disposed
to Israel, but that doesn't mean they get a blank check, that they can do no
wrong.

All the Israelis want to do is BE LEFT ALONE!

Well, not exactly, they also want to build settlements on land that kinda
looks like it belongs to other people. *Or do you believe than any land
Israel can take in a war is now theirs forever to do with as they please?

*But the Arabs will not do it, have not done it, don't seem to get the
idea that it will get
them nowhere.

The Egyptians seemed to figure that out quite some time ago. *As you might
recall the leader of Egypt made peace with Israel and paid for it with his
life.

The Palestinian population, as opposed to their
fanatic Hamas masters, as well as the weakened Fatah, would welcome an
end to violence, but they are not in charge; Hamas is.

Aren't you forgetting that the Palestinian people *elected* Hamas?

On the Northern border, Hizbollah by now has enormous quantities of
rocket launchers -- serious Iranian-made stuff -- planted among
civilians not only near the Israeli border, but because of their long
range, even back further. * The civilians have no *say in this.
Hizbollah is the real government of Lebanon. The "government" forces
are impotent to control Hizbollah's provocations.

Hezbollah is entrenched in part because of their popularity among the
population, you're forgetting (or avoiding) that they provide social
services to endear themselves to the population, as does Hamas. *They might
be rat-*******s, but they're not stupid, at least not all the time.

If they want to be left alone they should vacate their stolen land.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 3:36*pm, Smarty wrote:
On 12/28/2010 10:31 AM, harry wrote:

I like Palestinians. *Lot's of people like Palestinians. *Jesus was a
Palestinian.

The word "lots" doesn't have an apostrophe, you dumbwit ****. Your
ignorance shows up in so many way...... Why do you insist of filling a
home repair newsgroup with your continuous stream of political ****?

Get lost, ****tard....

So what's your second name ...Pants?

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."

Oh so what was the excuse for attacking Iraq? Oh revenge for 11/9.
Even then it was lie.

It's a lie that it was "revenge for 9/11", harry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.

I don't think "revenge" is a very good motive.

Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.

"... And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;..."

Oh so what was the excuse for attacking Iraq? Oh revenge for 11/9.
Even then it was lie.

Are you as certain about that as you were on "Never a bomb fell on America"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

I like Palestinians. Lot's of people like Palestinians. Jesus was a
Palestinian.

There were about 15 people who actually "liked" Jesus. All those in power
hated Him. They hated Him so much that, well, ...

I'd like the Palestinians too, if they, like Jesus, were dead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oh so what was the excuse for attacking Iraq? *Oh revenge for 11/9.
Even then it was *lie.

Right motive, wrong act. It was supposed to be revenge for the attempt
on GWHB's life.

Some also think taking out a genocidal dictator had some value.

There's a long a list of genocidal dictators flourishing at that exact
period in time. Only difference: They did not have oil, nor were
they threatening to disrupt the (un)holy alliance between the U.S. and
the Saudis by destroying OPEC and denominating oil in Euros instead of
Dollars.

HB

I think we took out Saddam so Israel would not have to. We are going
to have a war with Iran for the same reason.

The West would be delighted if Israel did the job, like they did with
the Iraqi Osirak reactor back in 1981. That is one of the most
thrilling stories of all time. : "Raid on the Sun"tells the true story
of the raid. Eight planes flew from Israel on that mission; none knew
if they would ever return. The last plane -- ergo the most risky one
-- was piloted by Ilan Ramon. He later became the first Israeli
astronaut to fly a US mission to the space station, and was killed
along with the other astronauts in the Challenger disaster.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 5:08*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

I like Palestinians. *Lot's of people like Palestinians. *Jesus was a
Palestinian.

There were about 15 people who actually "liked" Jesus. All those in power
hated Him. They hated Him so much that, well, ...

I'd like the Palestinians too, if they, like Jesus, were dead.

Never heard of the feeding of the 5000? Or was it ten. I don't recall.
but lots.
How many Palestinians do you know?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oh so what was the excuse for attacking Iraq? *Oh revenge for 11/9.
Even then it was *lie.

Right motive, wrong act. It was supposed to be revenge for the attempt
on GWHB's life.

Some also think taking out a genocidal dictator had some value.

I think we took out Saddam so Israel would not have to. We are going
to have a war with Iran for the same reason.

I think you're right. Or possibly N Korea. Or South Korea if Palin
gets in power.
Got to enrich the US arms manufacturers and their friends the bankers.
The world is full of dictators. Many of them "friends " of the USA.
We have dictator friends too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 5:50*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:05:11 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Are you as certain about that as you were on "Never a bomb fell on America"?

He probably never heard of the Japanese balloon bombs in WWII. The US
covered it up because they did not want the Japs to know it was
working.
The other foreign power to "bomb" the US was Britain.

You owed taxes. It was reasonable thing to do. But that was bombard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 7:03*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:04:41 -0600, "

wrote:
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:41:57 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 02:27:30 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

It was the head of RAF Bomber Command who said if he couldn't kill a German
worker standing at his lathe then he was happy to kill him sleeping in his
bed. Of course that meant he was going to kill the civilian worker's wife
and kids as well....

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.
was also Rotterdam, Warsaw, Antwerp etc.

There has been a lot analysis of that over the last 70 years. The
first bombs to fall on London were actually an accident. That resulted
in a British attack on Berlin. Then Hitler switched his focus from
destroying the RAF fields to bombing cities.
In reality it turns out that if that did not happen, there would have
been a lot different path, perhaps resulting in the invasion of UK.
By wasting his effort on cities, the RAF was allowed to maintain air
superiority over Britain and preventing the invasion. There were
plenty of Luftwaffe officers who knew Hitler was wrong and that
bombing cities was pretty useless from a military perspective but
revenge is a powerful master.

Shhh! *You spoiled the ending. *Harry hasn't watched that movie yet.

We always assume that just because we won WWII we must have been
destined to win. There were a couple of bad decisions by the axis
that, if decided another way, would have made the result much
different. If Hitler had concentrated on invading UK instead of
attacking the Soviets, he was very likely to have had all of Europe
under his control and made it virtually impossible to attack him from
the west. At that point the US would have needed to draw more naval
forces into the Atlantic, making it a lot easier for Japan to succeed
in holding the Pacific islands.
The Americas would be in much the same situation UK found itself in,
around 1940.
The US might have ended up negotiating a "Chamberlain" type treaty
with the Axis.
Then the Soviets and China would have been a lot easier for the axis
to take.
We would have been left fighting over sub saharan Africa or India as a
foothold into Europe and South America to prevent a foothold into
North America.

It certainly would be a totally different world now.- Hide quoted text -

Valid points.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 7:36*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
"harry" *wrote in message

Er that was revenge for Coventry, and Birmingham and London, Bath,
Glasgow, Port Glasgow. York, Bristol Cardiff. I could go on.

Oh, so killing civilians in *revenge* is okay even if those civilians didn't
do any actual killing of your people. *Okay, when a drone strike in
Afghanistan kills some civilians, it's revenge for 9/11. *Good to know
you're okay with that.

Never a bomb fell on America ('til 11/9) and then what a lot of
whinging went on.

Like the "whinging" that went on after the London subway bombings?

What was your reason for Vietnam and Iraq? *Ah, now I remember, a pack
of lies.

What was your reason for..., well, that extraordinary history of aggression
in which your nation conquered a quarter of the globe and imposed colonial
rule on many millions of people who never asked to be British Subjects? *How
many nations has Britain been at war with, how many nations have you invaded
and occupied, how many different peoples did you keep in oppression by armed
force?

Hypocrite.

What about Texas, New Mexico, California, Arizona, Cuba , Panama/
Colombia, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Philipines.

Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicoragua, El Salvador, Chile, Argentina,
Namibia, Vietnam, Laos.

Germany France Belgium Luxembourg Holland Austria, Italy, Morroco,
Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Greece

Hmm that's quite a list off the top of my head. There's probably more
too if I research.

Oh and the rest of the USA, stolen from it's inhabitants who were
exterminated dispossed and ethnically cleansed. We could go into some
detail there.