News

Default World Largest Plasma TV

http://erwinttl.blogspot.com/

t.hoehler

"News" wrote in message
http://erwinttl.blogspot.com/

Whew, 102 inch, wonder what that beast costs? I'm pretty impressed with

the performance of plasma displays, they use them in Borders book stores on
the wall behind the cash registers to plug new products. The ones I have
seen have been in use for about two years straight, and they are still
working fine, no service has been required, according to the manager. He
says the only thing you have to do is blow the lint out of the vent holes on
the back of the displays. They get pretty stopped up with lint because of
the fans inside.
Regards,
Tom

James Sweet

"t.hoehler" wrote in message

"News" wrote in message
http://erwinttl.blogspot.com/

Whew, 102 inch, wonder what that beast costs? I'm pretty impressed with

the performance of plasma displays, they use them in Borders book stores

on
the wall behind the cash registers to plug new products. The ones I have
seen have been in use for about two years straight, and they are still
working fine, no service has been required, according to the manager. He
says the only thing you have to do is blow the lint out of the vent holes

on
the back of the displays. They get pretty stopped up with lint because of
the fans inside.
Regards,
Tom

We have one at work that works pretty well, the picture is fantastic, it
does have some very light screen burn though, it was running "out of the
box" when I started working there so the contrast and brightness were
cranked way up. If you calibrate them properly they're not too bad in that
respect but overdrive them and they burn very quick. When they do need
servicing they're no fun to work on but if you can afford them they are
nice.

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:53:46 +0800, "News" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

http://erwinttl.blogspot.com/

Hmmm, I thought I'd calculate the pixel size based on the following
information:

"Samsung SDI has developed what it claims is the world's largest PDP
(plasma display panel), measuring 102 inches diagonally."

"480i - This resolution is used by Standard Definition TV (SDTV), and
provides a vertical resolution (lines per frame) of 480 interlaced and
a horizontal resolution of 704, for a total of 337,920 pixels."

"1080i - This resolution is used by High Definition TV (HDTV), and
provides a vertical resolution (lines per frame) of 1080 interlaced
and a horizontal resolution of 1920, for a total of 2,073,600 pixels."

The width of the display is:

102 x [16 / sqrt (16^2 + 9^2)] = 88.9" = 2258mm

Therefore pixel size = 1.18 x 1.18mm

In SDTV TV mode each "pixel" is about 3mm square.

- Franc Zabkar

Gunner: I'm back Gunner Metalworking 388 July 9th 04 12:35 AM
Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either Jeff Strieble Electronics Repair 46 February 7th 04 06:43 AM
The Dubya's Steel tariffs declaired illegal Glenn Ashmore Metalworking 87 November 17th 03 03:55 AM
Unknown plasma Cutter Help Dan Clingman Metalworking 1 October 21st 03 08:10 PM