Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ry?id=11361298

Way To Go!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:27:47 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ry?id=11361298

Way To Go!

Would have been a lot more dramatic if it was a *para* chute- instead
of the emergency slide at an airport.

What a maroon-
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:27:47 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...-arrested-flig
ht-jfk/story?id=11361298

Way To Go!

Would have been a lot more dramatic if it was a *para* chute- instead
of the emergency slide at an airport.

Don't go there. One of the longest (and dumbest) thread-arguments
on another NG was whether or not you actually can open the cabin door at
altitude (grin).

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ry?id=11361298

Way To Go!

Heh!

"Police sources said that when authorities found [the flight attendant] he
seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations [with his boyfriend]."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...100286494.html

This may have simply been a case of urgent need. He could claim exigent
circumstances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ry?id=11361298

Way To Go!

Would have been a lot more dramatic if it was a *para* chute- instead
of the emergency slide at an airport.

What a maroon-
Jim

He's becoming a hero. I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing. They showed him smiling on the news and referred to the cut on his
head as a badge of honor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

He's becoming a hero. I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing.

What, be a gay flight attendant with PMS?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

He's becoming a hero. I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing.

What, be a gay flight attendant with PMS?

Maybe that too.

He got on the PA and told the passengers to go f yourselves, or words to
that effect. I imagine most people that have jobs in customer service or
contact with the public would like to do that at times.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...n-slater-arres....

Way To Go!

Would have been a lot more dramatic if it was a *para* chute- instead
of the emergency slide at an airport.

What a maroon-
Jim

He's becoming a hero. *I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing. * They showed him smiling on the news and referred to the cut on his
head as a badge of honor.

"He's becoming a hero"

Last night Steven Colbert named him his "Alpha Dog Of The Week"

http://tv.popcrunch.com/stephen-colb...he-week-video/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 6:56*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

He's becoming a hero. *I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing.

What, be a gay flight attendant with PMS?

Maybe that too.

He got on the PA and told the passengers to go f yourselves, or words to
that effect. * I imagine most people that *have jobs in customer service or
contact with the public would like to do that at times.

Please try to be at least a little bit accurate. He addressed his
comment to the nasty passenger who had just told HIM to**** himself.
He did NOT "...tell the passengerS to ....". He was very much
provoked by the nasty passenger. After 20 years of this, something
could and did snap.

Also: He checked on the ground BEFORE deploying the slide, so the pig
media are in error (as usual) by gloating that he could have
injured people on the ground. After 20 years of watching over peoples'
safety, it's not likely that he would endanger someone in a fit of
pique.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

He's becoming a hero. I guess a lot of people would like to do the same
thing.

What, be a gay flight attendant with PMS?

Maybe that too.

He got on the PA and told the passengers to go f yourselves, or words to
that effect. I imagine most people that have jobs in customer service or
contact with the public would like to do that at times.

When I worked in HR and handled insurance issues for employees, things
often got emotional. Most often, underpayments occurred because folks
didn't complete claim forms properly. All the "nosy" stuff (accident?,
work-related?) on the claim forms had a reason for being there.
Employees were rarely abusive, but it happened a couple of times. One
day a guy yelled at me and left, slamming the door as he went out...no
cussing or personal stuff, as I recall. For a while, I thought about
what I should have said and was on the verge of marching out to tell him
what I should have said....he ruined my day by coming back to apologize
) The company, and the HR department, were very pro-employee and had
great benefits, so it wasn't a case of the "poor" employee getting
kicked around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 11, 6:56 am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
[...]

The last couple of times I have flown, the routine was baggage
class....everyone had carry-ons, the plane was loaded via front and back
doors, and it was FULL. Someone was loading the last carry-on into the
overhead compartment and it didn't fit very well....they started forcing
the door. Attendant politely came on the intercom and said that if
overhead doors are broken, the flight would be cancelled. Seems like,
from the attendant point of view, it has gone from serving the public to
herding cattle. Twenty years?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 2:45*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 11, 6:56*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

[...]

pique.- Hide quoted text -

"After 20 years of watching over peoples' safety, it's not likely
that he would endanger someone in a fit of pique."

Right up to that point, I was on your side.

Once a person crosses that thin line between rational thought and
bizarre behavior, I don't think you can use their past history as a
gauge of what they might or might not do.

The preacher who has an affair after leading his church for 35 years.
The teacher who shoots a fellow teacher after grooming hundreds of
straight A students over 25 years.
The high school coach who pummels a parent after being named "State
Coach of the Year" 3 years in a row.

They were all upstanding (albeit hypothetical) citizens until
something made them snap.

As they say in the financial business: "Past performance is no
guarantee of future results."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Good for this guy. Hopefully, he will get on with his life, and do
something meaningful and not degrading.

I worked as a parking lot attendant on the Las Vegas Strip for many years.
Let me tell you, you eat a lot of **** in that job.

On my last day, a customer mistook me for someone else who had him move his
car because he was blocking traffic. This guy was as insane as if he was on
cocaine, and probably was. Yuppy Southern Cal type in a BMW.

After the second time he poked me in the chest, I told him to knock it off
or I'd kick his ass. He was some bigwig with the convention, and filed a
complaint. My groveling assistant supervisor put in his report that all he
heard was me telling the customer that I was going to kick his ass, although
he did witness the man assault me. Guess who got my job?

I was not represented by union representative, not advised of the law which
states that I did not have to fill out forms or talk to anyone before
talking to a union rep.

It was plain time to go. I was sick of dealing with whining John Q. Public.
Had I been the good little union employee, I could have had my union rep
there, and nothing would have happened. Had I really been a putz, I could
have called the police and had the man arrested on assault and battery.

I had just had it.

I was allowed to resign. Within two months, I had my steel erection
contractor's license, and never looked back. I had a very good run, made
good money, and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass again in the course of my
"job".

The customer is not always right, and there's plenty of times when they just
plain need a large jar of WhupAss generously applied.

I saw the divot on that flight attendant's forehead. How in the world does
someone crack someone that hard, and then refuse to apologize, or even be
concerned for them? Apparently very easily for many people today. Why was
nothing mentioned about the assault and battery by the passenger?
Hmmmmmmmmm?

****ing human resources. You mine the dirt out of the mountainside. You
cultivate the human ore, taking the best. You use what you can for as long
as you can. Then you just throw it all out on the talings (trash) pile, and
get some more.

Very few companies today have any backbones or balls when going against a
customer, but they will throw the employee under the bus in a heartbeat.

The guy's better off, and probably will get a better job with all this
publicity, or at least write a book or blog or go on to a speaking career.
Politicians with far far far far less to offer have done the very same
thing.

I'd like to meet the guy and shake his hand, and say to all you little
people out there who get treated crappy to stand up for yourself. A ****ing
asshole is a ****ing asshole, no matter how it all shakes out. And the
passenger was a ****ing asshole. How come he/she/it is not in the news?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Metspitzer wrote in
:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...slater-arreste
d-flight-jfk/story?id=11361298

Way To Go!

How come the media haven't caught up with the expletive deleted "person or
persons" who incited all this ruckus?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote in
:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...slater-arreste
d-flight-jfk/story?id=11361298

Way To Go!

How come the media haven't caught up with the expletive deleted "person or
persons" who incited all this ruckus?

There is a saying in the news biz that dog bites man isn't news but
man bites dog is. Passengers beings assholes happens often enough that
it isn't news, but it isn't every day that a FA wigs out entirely.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:
Metspitzer wrote :

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...slater-arreste
d-flight-jfk/story?id=11361298

Way To Go!

How come the media haven't caught up with the expletive deleted "person or
persons" who incited all this ruckus?

I hadn't really thought about that, but of course, they _should_ be in
the news as well. And put on a do-not-fly or mandatory-body-cavity-
search list.

But the airlines have to take some responsibility for such things
happening. They've lowered the baggage allowance and jacked prices,
so what do people do? Duh - they carry on way more stuff. I've
rarely seen someone get shot down for having a too large carry on bag,
and they never weigh them like they're supposed to do. When you have
a too big bag that's a bit too heavy, and everyone is doing it, of
course there's going to be too little space in the overhead
compartments and people are going to have a tough time lifting/forcing
them in there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:18 pm, Han wrote:
Metspitzer wrote
:

[...]

Find a need and fill it. UPS is now offering a "suitcase" ship. You put your
stuff in a "Japanese cardboard luggage" looking box and send it to your
hotel. Way cheaper than airline luggage charges.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 5:45*pm, Han wrote:
RicodJour wrote in news:cc918cfd-afb6-4219-b043-
:

But the airlines have to take some responsibility for such things
happening. *They've lowered the baggage allowance and jacked prices,
so what do people do? *Duh - they carry on way more stuff. *I've
rarely seen someone get shot down for having a too large carry on bag,
and they never weigh them like they're supposed to do. *When you have
a too big bag that's a bit too heavy, and everyone is doing it, of
course there's going to be too little space in the overhead
compartments and people are going to have a tough time lifting/forcing
them in there.

I feel for the people who try to cheat the luggage fees (not!!!). *IMNSHO,
people and their luggage should be weighed and then charged $1/lbs over 225
lbs grin.

I can't stand the people who rush into a plane with all their bags and
steal all the overhead space.

Btw, I had to pay $800 plus 100,000 miles to get a first class seat on my
flight home from Paris, so I could keep my broken leg elevated most of the
time.

You should have shipped the leg home ahead of you.

How'd you break it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote

Please try to be at least a little bit accurate.

I repeated what I was told by the media. I'm glad you were there to get the
facts and clear this up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:27*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

Except that from all indications, that isn;'t what happened. The
plane was not departing, it was arriving. The passenger supposedly
accidently hit the flight attendant while removing his bag and refused
to appologize, which started the incident.

I have no sympathy for this moron. There are Fed laws governing
unruly passengers and he could have followed procedures and called for
security to deal with the woman. Even if she were just detained for
an hour and questioned, that would have certainly made a lasting
impression on her for her actions. I've personally seen people
removed from planes for being abusive to flight attendents. A case
in point. Recently I was travelling back from West Palm Beach to
Philly. As the plane was loading, it became clear that there would
not be enough overhead storage for all the passengers. So the flight
attendents told people at some point on the jetway that from that
point on carry-on bags had to be checked to go in the cargo hold. I
did it and there is no charge. This woman started bitching about it,
insisting she had the right to carry the bag on, that her 80 year old
mother was meeting her and would now have to wait while her luggage
came out, etc. This continued onto the plane and even after she was
seated. Finally, they told her to take another airline and escorted
her off the plane. That plane was the last flight from WPB to Philly
that night. So, she must have wound up having to stay overnight.
The best part was the flight got in early and by the time I took a
quick bathroom stop and then got to baggage claim, the bags were
already coming off. That;s a far better solution, inconveniencing the
screw ball, rather than screwing up other passengers and possibly
endangering ground personnel.

What he did cost the airline significant money. It was reported on
the news last night that it costs $25K to restore the emergency chute
after deployment. Also, that plane was likely out of service for a
good deal of time and passengers waiting for it for the next flight
likely spent hours waiting, missed connections, meetings, etc.

The guy should pay the full cost for what he did and get convicted on
at least some of the charges.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

wrote in
:

On Aug 11, 4:27*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote
innews:75e1661bd6qcb5e9rnvgk0pe

:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ven-slater-arr
est

[...]

I agree with all you say trader4, exept that the airline was at fault for
allowing too much carry-on and for failure to discipline abusive
passenger(s). I hope the incident will get airlines to enforce their
rules.

My bag was too much when I got fairly late to the gate and was taken as
"gate-checked" luggage (no charge). When I got out of the plane at
destination, it was waiting for me at the entrance to the jetway.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Higgs Boson" wrote

Please try to be at least a little bit accurate.

I repeated what I was told by the media. I'm glad you were there to get the
facts and clear this up.

You fell into the trap.
"People everywhere confuse what they read in the newspapers with
news."

-A.J. Liebling

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

I was allowed to resign. Within two months, I had my steel erection
contractor's license, and never looked back. I had a very good run,
made good money, and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass again in the
course of my "job".

Similar story: I decided, many years ago, that if I was going to work for a
fool, it might as well be me. I've been self-employed ever since.

The customer is not always right, and there's plenty of times when
they just plain need a large jar of WhupAss generously applied.

Yep. Might as well. Business Administration 101 teaches that a customer who
rises up in righteous indignation can never be appeased anyway.

****ing human resources. You mine the dirt out of the mountainside. You
cultivate the human ore, taking the best. You use what you can
for as long as you can. Then you just throw it all out on the
talings (trash) pile, and get some more.

I might take issue. If someone is unable to conform their conduct to minimal
civility levels after 21 (or 35) years of interacting with society, it's
unlikely the company orientation program is going to change them much.

Very few companies today have any backbones or balls when going
against a customer, but they will throw the employee under the bus in
a heartbeat.

I read a story not long ago about a medium-sized law firm courting a
potential client. They finally managed to get the prospective client to
visit their office for a presentation. As they were sitting around the
conference table, discussing various trusts and off-shore asset protection
schemes, the company cat wandered in, checked out what was going on and
left.

The prospect then told the assembled partners their proposals were
breathtakingly robust and that she would be glad to give them all her
business. On one condition.

You guessed it.

They politely told her no, that Crunchy the Cat was a valued and productive
member of the firm and that while her business was desirable, their
employees - even down to the company pet - were more valuable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 8:49 am, wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:27 pm, RicodJour wrote:

But the airlines have to take some responsibility for such things
happening. They've lowered the baggage allowance and jacked prices,
so what do people do? Duh - they carry on way more stuff. I've
rarely seen someone get shot down for having a too large carry on bag,
and they never weigh them like they're supposed to do. When you have
a too big bag that's a bit too heavy, and everyone is doing it, of
course there's going to be too little space in the overhead
compartments and people are going to have a tough time lifting/forcing
them in there.

Except that from all indications, that isn't what happened. The
plane was not departing, it was arriving. The passenger supposedly
accidently hit the flight attendant while removing his bag and refused
to appologize, which started the incident.

Not sure what those 'all indications' were that you read, but they're
not so:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/08...is_more_n.html

And I agree with the summation in that article. Different takes on
what's right and wrong, but it sure is a helluva an interesting story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. If he didn't like his
job babysitting idiots, then get another.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

[...]

I haven't seen any evidence that the airline allowed on too much carry-
on or that was an issue. The plane had arrived at it's destination
and the passenger was removing her carry-on and somehow it hit the
flight attendant. That could happen without regard to how much carry-
on there was. For example, she could just pull it out with one hand,
and let it go swinging all over the place.

and for failure to discipline abusive
passenger(s). *I hope the incident will get airlines to enforce their
rules.

My bag was too much when I got fairly late to the gate and was taken as
"gate-checked" luggage (no charge). *When I got out of the plane at
destination, it was waiting for me at the entrance to the jetway.

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 11:13*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 12, 8:49 am, wrote:

[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the link. That is different from the stories that I heard
on TV and radio where it sounded like the whole incident, including
him getting hit with the bag, happened on arrival.

I don't think there is any different take though on deploying an
emergency shoot, grabbing two beers, and exiting the plane. That
part was clearly wrong, regardless of what might have prompted it.
The cost to the airline, which passengers will ultimately pay, taking
the plane out of service for repair, the likely resulting flight
cancelations, together with potential injury to ground personnel are
all real. And the lady who supposedly started it all went
unpunished.

If the passenger was indeed unruly and that could be corroborated by
other flight attendants and passengers, all he had to do was have
security meet the plane. If you believe his behavior from that link,
it would sound to me like he could have been high on something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

[...]

You're posting based on an erroneous time line of events. The guy was
clonked in the head at the beginning of the flight, was relieved of
his work duties (workmens comp claim, no doubt), and then started
drinking. If the guy were a known problem, the other attendants would
have stopped him from drinking, and/or had him go talk to the
captain. As the guy apparently had never snapped out before, they
didn't foresee a problem. Hindsight is 20/20, and everybody likes
playing Monday morning QB.

The carry on luggage thing is not the direct cause of the problem, but
it is a contributing factor. It's frustrating to have people blocking
the aisle, delaying people and the flight, while they're trying to
stuff a too big/heavy bag in an overhead bin. Frustrated people do
stupid things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

[...]

BTW, your time line is incorrect about when he got conked on the
noggin, but there was another person who did get up before the plane
had stopped moving and started getting their bag. You have been hit
in the head with a bag by some asshole who did that and the plane
lurched? Ain't fun.

You know where this is going, right? On board security cameras that
are running 24/7. Any altercations would be documented. Anyone,
employee or passenger, who creates a sufficiently big problem should
be banned from flying that airline. Essentially a flying death
penalty, and I'm all for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Steve B wrote:
[...]

I used to give new-employee presentations, covering benefits plans. I
hated doing it, but always got good reviews. It is the most boring
possible topic for NEW employees. Employees were grouped by hire date,
and represented all levels. I finished the group health insurance plan
during one class and had answered lots of questions. A new guy,
hired for upper management, started asking questions about the company
giving out untruthful info about the health coverage and then telling me
he did not trust the company to back the employee if the ins. co. made
an error or did not cover expenses as advertised. That was the end of
the session, and by the time I returned to my office, my boss was
waiting. He had already heard about the guy, KNEW that I handled him
well and NEVER doubted that I gave employees the right info. He wanted
to hear the details from me, to make sure of what he had already been
told. The guy lasted two weeks and was fired - the surest way of losing
your job at that company was to be caught lying about anything. Their
reputation, as for most businesses, was money and they would have been
fools to keep a guy who thought his employer was dishonest. I think his
area was marketing )
Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:18 pm, Han wrote:
[...]

Oh, wow! The flight attendant might be able to claim a concussion, the
airline failed to treat him properly, sue the passenger and the airline...

The carry on luggage thing is not the direct cause of the problem, but
it is a contributing factor. It's frustrating to have people blocking
the aisle, delaying people and the flight, while they're trying to
stuff a too big/heavy bag in an overhead bin. Frustrated people do
stupid things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 12:34*pm, "
wrote:

Oh, wow! *The flight attendant might be able to claim a concussion, the
airline failed to treat him properly, sue the passenger and the airline....

Nah, he'll make more money from the made-for-TV movie. I would have
_loved_ to see one of those chutes deploy in person. I would be
sorely tempted to jump out after the guy and go, "Wheeeeeee!" all the
way down. But I imagine that there was a baggage handler rush for the
locker room to put on new pairs of shorts - would have scared the
beejezus out of anybody standing nearby.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

job babysitting idiots, then get another.- Hide quoted text -

As more information keeps coming out, it seems there isn't anything
there that backs up the flight attendants version of events. Among
the new things in the last 24 hours:

Law enforcement has located and interviewed dozens of the passengers
and none of them back up his version of events.

Passengers said his eyes were blood shot and he was acting rudely when
the plane was just starting to board. They said when he made the
safety announcement prior to departure, his shirt was unbuttoned and
his belly was visible.

A passenger who heard his interaction with the supposedly beligerant
woman says it was he who acted rudely and was the first to use
profanity.

Other passengers claim they saw the supposed head injury BEFORE the
alleged baggage incident. Whatever the "injury" was, it sure isn't
obvious a day later when he's appearing before the press.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

Yep. Seems witnesses have suggested that he was intoxicated. He may
have bolted, with a beer, to cover a nonzero BAC. This guy should be
prosecuted. JetBlue isn't lilly white here either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

Let's dissect this post, shall we?

I'm not backing the FA, but let's just look at the items listed:

As more information keeps coming out, it seems there isn't anything
there that backs up the flight attendants version of events. *Among
the new things in the last 24 hours:

Law enforcement has located and interviewed dozens of the passengers
and none of them back up his version of events.

How many passengers were on the plane? If there were hundreds, they
may not have interviewed the right people. Where were those "dozens"
sitting and what were they doing at the time of the incident? We can't
tell from just that sentence, so we can't discount the FA's version
based on it.

Passengers said his eyes were blood shot and he was acting rudely when
the plane was just starting to board. *They said when he made the
safety announcement prior to departure, his shirt was unbuttoned and
his belly was visible.

Anybody ever work with someone that looks/acts like that on a daily
basis? I have. Some people are naturally rude and naturally sloppy. It
doesn't mean alcohol or any other substance is involved. Bloodshot
eyes could be casued by any number of things.

Again, you can't tell anything by those reports. If you saw a guy
stumbiling down the street and then saw him later with a beer in his
hand, wouldn't you assume that he was drunk at the time you first saw
him? Could have been MS. We don't know.

A passenger who heard his interaction with the supposedly beligerant
woman says it was he who acted rudely and was the first to use
profanity.

That could be credible. Of course, coming late to the party, she may
have missed the beginning and only "heard his interaction" once it got
loud. But again, it could be completely credible.

Other passengers claim they saw the supposed head injury BEFORE the
alleged baggage incident. *Whatever the "injury" was, it sure isn't
obvious a day later when he's appearing before the press.

This is the most telling paragraph, and the one that prompted my
reply. If the other passengers say they saw the injury before the
incident, but in reality there was no injury to be seen, how can we
say that the nothing backs up the FA's version? In other words, if
nothing backs up the *passengers' version* then we can't use their
version to discount the FA's version. It's nothing more than "he said
- they said."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 10:28*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 13, 10:34*am, wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

NONE supported the FA's version of the story.

Passengers said his eyes were blood shot and he was acting rudely when
the plane was just starting to board. *They said when he made the
safety announcement prior to departure, his shirt was unbuttoned and
his belly was visible.

Anybody ever work with someone that looks/acts like that on a daily
basis? I have. Some people are naturally rude and naturally sloppy. It
doesn't mean alcohol or any other substance is involved. Bloodshot
eyes could be casued by any number of things.

A naturally rude FA. Now there's a good idea.

Again, you can't tell anything by those reports. If you saw a guy
stumbiling down the street and then saw him later with a beer in his
hand, wouldn't you assume that he was drunk at the time you first saw
him? Could have been MS. *We don't know.

MS? An FA with MS. Good idea! Maybe JetBlue should be under
criminal investigation.

A passenger who heard his interaction with the supposedly beligerant
woman says it was he who acted rudely and was the first to use
profanity.

That could be credible. Of course, coming late to the party, she may
have missed the beginning and only "heard his interaction" once it got
loud. But again, it could be completely credible.

Have you read any of the stories or are you just pulling stuff out of
a dark place?

Other passengers claim they saw the supposed head injury BEFORE the
alleged baggage incident. *Whatever the "injury" was, it sure isn't
obvious a day later when he's appearing before the press.

This is the most telling paragraph, and the one that prompted my
reply. If the other passengers say they saw the injury before the
incident, but in reality there was no injury to be seen, how can we
say that the nothing backs up the FA's version? In other words, if
nothing backs up the *passengers' version* then we can't use their
version to discount the FA's version. It's nothing more than "he said
- they said."

The FA claims that the injury cause him to "go off". However,
according to witnesses, the injury happened before take-off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 10:34*am, wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

stumbling down the street and then saw him later with a beer in his
[...]

Re-read my post. Where did I say the FA had MS?

I gave an example on how *looking back in time* the wrong assumption
could be made about *anyone*.

In this case, the FA had beers *after* the incident and witnesses
suddenly claim "Now that I think about, I think he was drunk earlier."
If they though he was drunk earlier, why didn't they bring it up then?
Would you want a drunk FA possibly being in charge of your flight if
there was a problem?

The FA claims that the injury cause him to "go off". However,
according to witnesses, the injury happened before take-off.

And according to the post I responded to, "Whatever the "injury" was,
it sure isn't obvious a day later when he's appearing before the
press."

I take that to mean that the accounts that there was an injury prior
to the incident are just as suspect as the FA saying the injury caused
him to "go off."

The whole point of my response was that none of the "recent updates"
made the FA's story any less credible. They didn't prove anything
either way. You'll note that I started the post by stating: "I'm not
backing the FA, but let's just look at the items listed". I don't feel
that updates have any impact since they can all be explained away. The
FA might very well be a beer guzzling, lying sack of sh*t who was
plastered from the get-go and instigated the entire incident. However,
none of the updates listed directly implicate him.

Have you read any of the stories or are you just pulling stuff out
of a dark place?

This is all I need to know:

http://tv.popcrunch.com/stephen-colb...he-week-video/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 10:34*am, wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

[...]

You were saying that "someone" acting drunk could have MS, implying
that this might have been the FA's excuse.

I gave an example on how *looking back in time* the wrong assumption
could be made about *anyone*.

it wasn't "looking back in time", whatever that is. This was
witnesses to the incident reporting the FA acting drunk, and with
beverages appearing to be his, in hand.

In this case, the FA had beers *after* the incident and witnesses
suddenly claim "Now that I think about, I think he was drunk earlier."
If they though he was drunk earlier, why didn't they bring it up then?
Would you want a drunk FA possibly being in charge of your flight if
there was a problem?

Perhaps you haven't heard of the passenger getting bumped for
suggesting that a pilot smelled of alcohol? He was sober, but the
passenger was bumped for being wrong. I wouldn't report an FA, at
least until after the fact. Pilot? Sure, if I thought he was
sloshed.

The FA claims that the injury cause him to "go off". *However,
according to witnesses, the injury happened before take-off.

And according to the post I responded to, "Whatever the "injury" was,
it sure isn't obvious a day later when he's appearing before the
press."

It was a small cut on his forehead. He was bleeding after it happend
and it was noticed y witnesses.

I take that to mean that the accounts that there was an injury prior
to the incident are just as suspect as the FA saying the injury caused
him to "go off."

Caused him to get angry at the passenger who had overloaded the
storage bin, yes. Except that the incident happened on the
departure. The FA went berserk after the landing.

The whole point of my response was that none of the "recent updates"
made the FA's story any less credible. They didn't prove anything
either way. You'll note that I started the post by stating: "I'm not
backing the FA, but let's just look at the items listed". I don't feel
that updates have any impact since they can all be explained away. The
FA might very well be a beer guzzling, lying sack of sh*t who was
plastered from the get-go and instigated the entire incident. However,
none of the updates listed directly implicate him.

Nonsense. No one will collaborate his story, rather the opposite.
They blame him for at least escalating the problem, if not outright
causing it. The fact that his story is contrary to *everyone* else's,
certainly does make his story more suspect. The fact that he deployed
the emergency chute isn't a good indicator of sanity, either.

Have you read any of the stories or are you just pulling stuff out
of a dark place?

This is all I need to know:

http://tv.popcrunch.com/stephen-colb...lpha-dog-of-th...

Dead link.

Hand saw for earthquake emergency? james Home Repair 39 January 16th 10 03:19 PM
hand plane: sal Woodworking 4 January 28th 07 03:42 AM
Beer fridge emergency Al, Cambridge, UK UK diy 11 December 21st 04 02:54 PM