Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

Good for this guy. Hopefully, he will get on with his life, and do
something meaningful and not degrading.

I worked as a parking lot attendant on the Las Vegas Strip for many years.
Let me tell you, you eat a lot of **** in that job.

On my last day, a customer mistook me for someone else who had him move his
car because he was blocking traffic. This guy was as insane as if he was on
cocaine, and probably was. Yuppy Southern Cal type in a BMW.

After the second time he poked me in the chest, I told him to knock it off
or I'd kick his ass. He was some bigwig with the convention, and filed a
complaint. My groveling assistant supervisor put in his report that all he
heard was me telling the customer that I was going to kick his ass, although
he did witness the man assault me. Guess who got my job?

I was not represented by union representative, not advised of the law which
states that I did not have to fill out forms or talk to anyone before
talking to a union rep.

It was plain time to go. I was sick of dealing with whining John Q. Public.
Had I been the good little union employee, I could have had my union rep
there, and nothing would have happened. Had I really been a putz, I could
have called the police and had the man arrested on assault and battery.

I had just had it.

I was allowed to resign. Within two months, I had my steel erection
contractor's license, and never looked back. I had a very good run, made
good money, and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass again in the course of my
"job".

The customer is not always right, and there's plenty of times when they just
plain need a large jar of WhupAss generously applied.

I saw the divot on that flight attendant's forehead. How in the world does
someone crack someone that hard, and then refuse to apologize, or even be
concerned for them? Apparently very easily for many people today. Why was
nothing mentioned about the assault and battery by the passenger?
Hmmmmmmmmm?

****ing human resources. You mine the dirt out of the mountainside. You
cultivate the human ore, taking the best. You use what you can for as long
as you can. Then you just throw it all out on the talings (trash) pile, and
get some more.

Very few companies today have any backbones or balls when going against a
customer, but they will throw the employee under the bus in a heartbeat.

The guy's better off, and probably will get a better job with all this
publicity, or at least write a book or blog or go on to a speaking career.
Politicians with far far far far less to offer have done the very same
thing.

I'd like to meet the guy and shake his hand, and say to all you little
people out there who get treated crappy to stand up for yourself. A ****ing
asshole is a ****ing asshole, no matter how it all shakes out. And the
passenger was a ****ing asshole. How come he/she/it is not in the news?

Steve