Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergencychute -- beer in hand

HeyBub wrote:
Steve B wrote:
I was allowed to resign. Within two months, I had my steel erection
contractor's license, and never looked back. I had a very good run,
made good money, and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass again in the
course of my "job".

Similar story: I decided, many years ago, that if I was going to work for a
fool, it might as well be me. I've been self-employed ever since.

The customer is not always right, and there's plenty of times when
they just plain need a large jar of WhupAss generously applied.

Yep. Might as well. Business Administration 101 teaches that a customer who
rises up in righteous indignation can never be appeased anyway.

****ing human resources. You mine the dirt out of the mountainside. You
cultivate the human ore, taking the best. You use what you can
for as long as you can. Then you just throw it all out on the
talings (trash) pile, and get some more.

I might take issue. If someone is unable to conform their conduct to minimal
civility levels after 21 (or 35) years of interacting with society, it's
unlikely the company orientation program is going to change them much.

I used to give new-employee presentations, covering benefits plans. I
hated doing it, but always got good reviews. It is the most boring
possible topic for NEW employees. Employees were grouped by hire date,
and represented all levels. I finished the group health insurance plan
during one class and had answered lots of questions. A new guy,
hired for upper management, started asking questions about the company
giving out untruthful info about the health coverage and then telling me
he did not trust the company to back the employee if the ins. co. made
an error or did not cover expenses as advertised. That was the end of
the session, and by the time I returned to my office, my boss was
waiting. He had already heard about the guy, KNEW that I handled him
well and NEVER doubted that I gave employees the right info. He wanted
to hear the details from me, to make sure of what he had already been
told. The guy lasted two weeks and was fired - the surest way of losing
your job at that company was to be caught lying about anything. Their
reputation, as for most businesses, was money and they would have been
fools to keep a guy who thought his employer was dishonest. I think his
area was marketing )