Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

keith wrote:

-snip-

http://tv.popcrunch.com/stephen-colb...lpha-dog-of-th...

Dead link.

That link works for me, but here it is at the source-
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-steven-slater
[remember Colbert's forte is satire]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:56:02 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

keith wrote:

-snip-

http://tv.popcrunch.com/stephen-colb...lpha-dog-of-th...

Dead link.

That link works for me, but here it is at the source-
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-steven-slater
[remember Colbert's forte is satire]

Google munged it.

If all you need to know is some idiot's premature conclusions, I guess *that*
says all I need to know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 4:37*pm, keith wrote:

{massive snip}

You must have some amazingly strong legs from jumping to all of these
conclusions.
For some people, that's all the exercise they get.

Here's another take on it, but not from someone looking to portray the
guy as a hero or a villain. I know - so weird it's un-American!

http://wellness.blogs.time.com/2010/...rss-topstories

As in almost everything in life, there's enough blame to go around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:32:41 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Aug 13, 4:37*pm, keith wrote:

{massive snip}

You must have some amazingly strong legs from jumping to all of these
conclusions.
For some people, that's all the exercise they get.

Here's another take on it, but not from someone looking to portray the
guy as a hero or a villain. I know - so weird it's un-American!

http://wellness.blogs.time.com/2010/...rss-topstories

As in almost everything in life, there's enough blame to go around.

Nonsense. He's a fruitcake. It was his job to babysit idiots. He didn't do
it.

BTW, if you want to carry on a conversation, don't snip everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 4:22*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 13, 12:36*pm, keith wrote:

On Aug 13, 10:28*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Aug 13, 10:34*am, wrote:

On Aug 12, 11:32*am, keith wrote:

On Aug 12, 7:49*am, wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:27*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, Han wrote:

Metspitzer wrote :

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...slater-arreste
d-flight-jfk/story?id=11361298

Way To Go!

How come the media haven't caught up with the expletive deleted "person or
persons" who incited all this ruckus?

I hadn't really thought about that, but of course, they _should_ be in
the news as well. *And put on a do-not-fly or mandatory-body-cavity-
search list.

But the airlines have to take some responsibility for such things
happening. *They've lowered the baggage allowance and jacked prices,
so what do people do? *Duh - they carry on way more stuff. *I've
rarely seen someone get shot down for having a too large carry on bag,
and they never weigh them like they're supposed to do. *When you have
a too big bag that's a bit too heavy, and everyone is doing it, of
course there's going to be too little space in the overhead
compartments and people are going to have a tough time lifting/forcing
them in there.

Except that from all indications, that isn;'t what happened. * The
plane was not departing, it was arriving. *The passenger supposedly
accidently hit the flight attendant while removing his bag and refused
to appologize, which started the incident.

I have no sympathy for this moron. * There are Fed laws governing
unruly passengers and he could have followed procedures and called for
security to deal with the woman. *Even if she were just detained for
an hour and questioned, that would have certainly made a lasting
impression on her for her actions. *I've personally seen people
removed from planes for being abusive to flight attendents. * A case
in point. *Recently I was travelling back from West Palm Beach to
Philly. * As the plane was loading, it became clear that there would
not be enough overhead storage for all the passengers. * So the flight
attendents told people at some point on the jetway that from that
point on carry-on bags had to be checked to go in the cargo hold. * I
did it and there is no charge. *This woman started bitching about it,
insisting she had the right to carry the bag on, that her 80 year old
mother was meeting her and would now have to wait while her luggage
came out, etc. * This continued onto the plane and even after she was
seated. * Finally, they told her to take another airline and escorted
her off the plane. * That plane was the last flight from WPB to Philly
that night. * So, she must have wound up having to stay overnight.
The best part was the flight got in early and by the time I took a
quick bathroom stop and then got to baggage claim, the bags were
already coming off. *That;s a far better solution, inconveniencing the
screw ball, rather than screwing up other passengers and possibly
endangering ground personnel.

What he did cost the airline significant money. *It was reported on
the news last night that it costs $25K to restore the emergency chute
after deployment. * Also, that plane was likely out of service for a
good deal of time and passengers waiting for it for the next flight
likely spent hours waiting, missed connections, meetings, etc.

The guy should pay the full cost for what he did and get convicted on
at least some of the charges.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. *If he didn't like his
job babysitting idiots, then get another.- Hide quoted text -

Let's dissect this post, shall we?

I'm not backing the FA, but let's just look at the items listed:

As more information keeps coming out, it seems there isn't anything
there that backs up the flight attendants version of events. *Among
the new things in the last 24 hours:

Law enforcement has located and interviewed dozens of the passengers
and none of them back up his version of events.

How many passengers were on the plane? If there were hundreds, they
may not have interviewed the right people. Where were those "dozens"
sitting and what were they doing at the time of the incident? We can't
tell from just that sentence, so we can't discount the FA's version
based on it.

NONE supported the FA's version of the story.

Passengers said his eyes were blood shot and he was acting rudely when
the plane was just starting to board. *They said when he made the
safety announcement prior to departure, his shirt was unbuttoned and
his belly was visible.

Anybody ever work with someone that looks/acts like that on a daily
basis? I have. Some people are naturally rude and naturally sloppy. It
doesn't mean alcohol or any other substance is involved. Bloodshot
eyes could be casued by any number of things.

A naturally rude FA. *Now there's a good idea.

Again, you can't tell anything by those reports. If you saw a guy
stumbling down the street and then saw him later with a beer in his
hand, wouldn't you assume that he was drunk at the time you first saw
him? Could have been MS. *We don't know.

MS? *An FA with MS. *Good idea! *Maybe JetBlue should be under
criminal investigation.

A passenger who heard his interaction with the supposedly beligerant
woman says it was he who acted rudely and was the first to use
profanity.

That could be credible. Of course, coming late to the party, she may
have missed the beginning and only "heard his interaction" once it got
loud. But again, it could be completely credible.

Have you read any of the stories or are you just pulling stuff out of
a dark place?

Other passengers claim they saw the supposed head injury BEFORE the
alleged baggage incident. *Whatever the "injury" was, it sure isn't
obvious a day later when he's appearing before the press.

This is the most telling paragraph, and the one that prompted my
reply. If the other passengers say they saw the injury before the
incident, but in reality there was no injury to be seen, how can we
say that the nothing backs up the FA's version? In other words, if
nothing backs up the *passengers' version* then we can't use their
version to discount the FA's version. It's nothing more than "he said
- they said."

The FA claims that the injury cause him to "go off". *However,
according to witnesses, the injury happened before take-off.

Re-read my post. Where did I say the FA had MS?

I gave an example on how *looking back in time* the wrong assumption
could be made about *anyone*.

In this case, the FA had beers *after* the incident and witnesses
suddenly claim "Now that I think about, I think he was drunk earlier."
If they though he was drunk earlier, why didn't they bring it up then?
Would you want a drunk FA possibly being in charge of your flight if
there was a problem?

The FA claims that the injury cause him to "go off". *However,
according to witnesses, the injury happened before take-off.

And according to the post I responded to, "Whatever the "injury" was,
it sure isn't obvious a day later when he's appearing before the
press."

I take that to mean that the accounts that there was an injury prior
to the incident are just as suspect as the FA saying the injury caused
him to "go off."

The whole point of my response was that none of the "recent updates"
made the FA's story any less credible.

Of course they make his story less credible. You have passengers
saying he was rude, had blood shot eyes and was behaving oddly from
the time the flight began. You have a passenger that overheard his
interaction with the women who supposedly set him off saying that the
flight attendant started it and was the first to use vulgarity. You
have a Jet Blue memo that says they can't find evidence to support his
claim. You have another passenger who said the FA told him to put his
seat upright for landing. He told him it already was upright.
Whereupon, the FA reaches across, pushes the button and slams the back
of his seat as hard as he could. The seat didn't move because it was
already up. In short, with dozens of the passengers having been
interviewed, a lot of information has been obtained that makes his
story less credible. And so far, nothing has come out that confirms
his story. I've been on plenty of planes and can tell you when a
passenger is being obnoxious, the other passengers quickly become
aware of it and concerned by it. Yet, no one is saying the woman was
out of control, except apparently, this one FA.

Why you'd jump to the defense of a loon who could have killed ground
personnel by his reckless action is beyond me. And clearly saying
nothing learned from more witnesses does anything to make his story
less credible is wrong.

They didn't prove anything
either way. You'll note that I started the post by stating: "I'm not
backing the FA, but let's just look at the items listed". I don't feel
that updates have any impact since they can all be explained away.

Yeah, OJ's actions were all explained away too. The FA's actions
will likely be explained too. He was probably intoxicated before the
flight began. If you're just flipped out and jump off a slide, tell
me this, why would you grab two beers to take with you? Answer:
Likely because you're already half drunk and want the party to
continue. His being under the influence of something seems to me a
lot more likely than his BS story.

The
FA might very well be a beer guzzling, lying sack of sh*t who was
plastered from the get-go and instigated the entire incident. However,
none of the updates listed directly implicate him.

I'd say the report given by the other passenger who overheard the
incident and said that the FA started it and was the first to use
vulgarity does directly implicate him. And many of the others add to
the case that he was behaving oddly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 12:19*am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 13, 4:37*pm, keith wrote:

{snip}

As in almost everything in life, there's enough blame to go around.

{snip}

BTW, if you want to carry on a con{snip}sation, don't snip every{snip}hing.

You're trying to censor my censoring?

So the flight attendant is a fruitcake babysitting idiots, huh? Do
you ever fly? People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly
behaved at all times. This is not a surprise. It does mean that you
should cut people some slack, since you will require some slack of
your own at times.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RES RES is offline

Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the flight
crew's leaving an airplane? For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship
until permission is given by the captain. Is this also true for flight
crews?

==

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly
behaved at all times.

Something not mentioned yet, is employee "burnout". Years ago we had
class sessions on how to avoid it. Burnout starts to come around in
10-12 years on the job. At 20-25 years people avoid you!

SWMBO says she now understands what "cabin fever" is after living up
"nawth" in the harsh winters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:55:33 -0700, "RES"
wrote:

Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the flight
crew's leaving an airplane? For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship
until permission is given by the captain. Is this also true for flight
crews?

The Code of Federal Regulations may apply (lawyer speak for what
Congress meant).

Some agency policies (Post Orders) say you cannot abandon your post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Aug 14, 12:19*am, "
wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 13, 4:37*pm, keith wrote:

{snip}

As in almost everything in life, there's enough blame to go around.

{snip}

BTW, if you want to carry on a con{snip}sation, don't snip every{snip}hing.

You're trying to censor my censoring?

No, just whining about it.

So the flight attendant is a fruitcake babysitting idiots, huh?

This FA *certainly* was a fruitcake, in every sense of the word. Babysitting?
One of FA's most important jobs, certainly.

Do you ever fly?

Sure. Not so often anymore, but I've flown quite a bit. Passengers can be
real assholes. I'm sure with the added cost of checked luggage it hasn't
gotten any better up top.

People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly
behaved at all times. This is not a surprise. It does mean that you
should cut people some slack, since you will require some slack of
your own at times.

Huh? Cut passengers some slack? Sure. Cut professionals slack? Never.
That's why we (should) come down hard on bad cops. People get hurt when the
professionals don't do their jobs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly
behaved at all times.

Something not mentioned yet, is employee "burnout". Years ago we had
class sessions on how to avoid it. Burnout starts to come around in
10-12 years on the job. At 20-25 years people avoid you!

SWMBO says she now understands what "cabin fever" is after living up
"nawth" in the harsh winters.

I lived in the North until two years ago. One of the nicest things about
living in the South now isn't so much the warmer Winters, rather being able to
see the sun once in a while.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the
flight
crew's leaving an airplane? For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship
until permission is given by the captain. Is this also true for flight
crews?

The Code of Federal Regulations may apply (lawyer speak for what
Congress meant).

Some agency policies (Post Orders) say you cannot abandon your post.

**** that. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly
behaved at all times.

Something not mentioned yet, is employee "burnout". Years ago we had
class sessions on how to avoid it. Burnout starts to come around in
10-12 years on the job. At 20-25 years people avoid you!

SWMBO says she now understands what "cabin fever" is after living up
"nawth" in the harsh winters.

I lived in the North until two years ago. One of the nicest things about
living in the South now isn't so much the warmer Winters, rather being able to
see the sun once in a while.

One of my grownup girlfriends was having a problem with
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) when she lived in
Spokane, WA. She got one of those full spectrum lights
to spend time under when she was reading or knitting and
it seemed to help. Now she's back in Alabamastan and
breathing a sigh of relief for many reasons.

It didn't make me SAD for my taxes to drop by more than half (property tax
dropped by 75%), either. ;-)

You must have been in New Jersey. I have Yankee cousins there and in
New York and Long Island.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Vermont (and NY before that)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Those Damn Yankees come down here to Alabamastan and we can't get them
to go home. That's why we've been actively promoting all of those
terrible stereotypes with the banjo music, toothless terrorists,
lynchings and racial strife to scare them off. It doesn't work, when
they get here and discover that everything they thought they knew about
the Southeast was a bucket of Hollywood hogwash, they won't go away.
We're being invaded by the North again. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I bet you wouldn't like it if I told you that I was born and raised in
Obamastan. ;-) I now live about 100mi down the road from you. I hope I
didn't spoil your weekend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Are you down around Monkey Town where Goat Hill is? On some maps, it's
Montgomery. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I could live with the Snow Birds for a short duration. They would go
home, eventually. Mostly I got ticked off when they stopped in the
road -- acting as if lost.

Those Damn Yankees, well the stay in the south and form HOA's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:00:06 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No, down US280; Auburn area.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I remember my maternal great aunt and uncle visiting us on the
mountain in NE Alabamastan back in the 1960's from New Jersey.
They were freaked out by the speed of the vehicles on our
uncrowded interstate highways. They were hysterically funny,
I think it was the culture shock.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2010 5:07 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:00:06 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

OH MY GOD! An Auburn fan?! 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:14:37 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 5:07 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:00:06 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Who me? I don't even like the SEC. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

They were freaked by the uncrowded highways, not the speed. Have you ever
driven on the Jersey Pike? 90MPH bumper-to-bumper, and 2" from a Jersey
barrier.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have driven that route. I have In Laws and Out Laws in Jersey. They
just tell me what exit to get off on. After that it would be, go past
the third windmill on the left.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2010 5:48 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:14:37 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 5:07 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:00:06 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 3:42 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I'm considered an evil heretic here in Alabamastan because I don't
care one tiny bit about football. If football disappeared tomorrow,
the only effect on me would be the irritation of having to listen
to a bunch of grown men whining about having to spend time with their
wives and girlfriends on shopping trips and such. GEEZ!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 4:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I was referring to the 1960's, perhaps the highways were a bit different
back then. Their first automobiles were Model T's like my father's first
car. My first car would wind up to 60mph in first gear.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/15/2010 4:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:10:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/15/2010 11:12 AM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:58:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 8/14/2010 11:05 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:50:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I remember watching the original Battlestar Galactica, the episode when
they finally find Earth. They were watching the crowded freeway in LA
when one of the pilots said something to the effect, "Look at the tight
formation, they must have good computers." 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

* * * wrote:

[...]

I like to watch football but that time of year I always seem to have
better things to do. I haven't watched seriously in five years. I
came from the Big-10, so the SEC is just evil. ;-) BTW, SWMBO
doesn't like football at all, since we moved here. The city is a mess
on weekends. 87000 drunk football fans in an area no larger isn't
much fun. ...unless you're one of them. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

* * *wrote:

[...]

I was in the area (my brother lived in the Philly 'burbs on the NJ
side) in the mid-'70s. I think I'm the only one in history to get a
speeding ticket for 60 in a 55, on the Jersey Pike.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 6:55*pm, "RES" wrote:
Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the flight
crew's leaving an airplane? *For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship
until permission is given by the captain. *Is this also true for flight
crews?

==

You need to retake your on line law degree. There is no law saying
that a merchant sailor cannot leave a ship without the captains
permission. Involuntary servitude was outlawed by the Thirteenth
Amendment to the US constitution.
--
Tom Horne

Hand saw for earthquake emergency? james Home Repair 39 January 16th 10 03:19 PM
hand plane: sal Woodworking 4 January 28th 07 03:42 AM
Beer fridge emergency Al, Cambridge, UK UK diy 11 December 21st 04 02:54 PM