Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exemplary Service Received

Yesterday I called the company which made my workshop air cleaner:

http://jdstools.com/air-tech750-er.aspx

When I moved down to the beach, I lost the remote that came with the
cleaner. Since I have my cleaner hanging from a 12 foot ceiling in my
workshop, climbing up and down on a ladder to turn it on and off wasn't
an attractive situation. I needed another remote.

I've had this cleaner for a good 5 years so it's not like I could claim
the remote was defective. Besides, it wasn't defective. It was just lost.

So I called them early yesterday afternoon to inquire how I could get a
replacement. "No problem", they said. And it wasn't.

I had the replacement remote in my hot little hand this morning. Less
than 24 hour service is worth giving some recognition.

BTW: I hung that air cleaner from the ceiling by myself last night.
What a PITA *that* was. It sure seemed easier five years ago.

Jay
Topsail Beach, NC
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 11:47*am, Jay Hanig wrote:
[...]

Made in the USA or (probably not) China. It's good to know there are
some companies that still give good service to their customers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:38:57 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

[...]

I had a "good service" this past Monday. Water heater tank leak.
Built in 12/2004 with a 6 year warranty. For grins and giggles I
returned it to HD without a receipt, but I did carry the manuals,
saved "box" labels, etc.

Walked out with a new WH ($479.) with a 6 year warranty. From start to
finish was less than 3 hours and I had hot water again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On May 21, 11:47 am, Jay wrote:
[...]

FWIW as bad a rap as they sometimes get I'd thrown a lowball bid in on a
nice (as nice as they get anyway) Dell laptop on eBay. Wouldn't you
know, nobody else bid, but it showed up today with a SMART impending
hard drive failure message (probably got roughhoused in shipping, who
knows) a few minutes on Dell's web site transferring ownership and a few
more chatting with a CS rep and supposedly there's a new HDD shipping to
me on Monday, with the OS already preloaded. I could get used to this
warranty thing (wish my last laptop had had one, although the
previous one is 6 or 7 years old and other than having had the screen
and HDD replaced is still going strong. It's just obsolete and the
lo-res screen bothers me... 1080p baby!)

nate

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jay Hanig wrote the following:
[...]

Things that you have to lift, pull, or push gain weight every year.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
willshak wrote:

Things that you have to lift, pull, or push gain weight every year.

Of course they do. The earth gains 100,000 tons of mass every year, due
to space debris, which increases the force of gravity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exemplary Service Received Home Depot water heaters

The HD near me, they credited me the price I paid six years ago, and
gave me a HD gift card toward the new one. Did you get a direct swap
out?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

I had a "good service" this past Monday. Water heater tank leak.
Built in 12/2004 with a 6 year warranty. For grins and giggles I
returned it to HD without a receipt, but I did carry the manuals,
saved "box" labels, etc.

Walked out with a new WH ($479.) with a 6 year warranty. From start to
finish was less than 3 hours and I had hot water again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 May 2010 12:47:29 -0400, Jay Hanig wrote:

[...]

Last year an idiot warranty repair tech broke an Ames hose reel (without
telling us). I went online to see if I could find the parts. The parts were
free, including shipping. Nice, for a $50 item. When I need that sort of
thing again, Ames will certainly be in the running.

Another situation that didn't turn out so well, I broke the battery door (dumb
design) of a Wixey blade depth gauge. They replaced it for $5, which wasn't
so bad for a $60 tool. Unfortunately I couldn't get the rest of the battery
door out of the gauge, so had to take it apart. They're not so easy to get
back together. Gave up trying. :-( I noticed that they changed the battery
holder design.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2010 15:32:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The HD near me, they credited me the price I paid six years ago, and
gave me a HD gift card toward the new one. Did you get a direct swap
out?

Yes. playing in the computer, they put the price on the receipt and
then gave the credit on the spot. It was just an exchange.

It was odd the lady ask me if I wanted another WH. "Yes, I need hot
water!" Then she mentioned some folks don't get another unit. ??

Some senior lady started to bring up pro-rating the unit. I told her,
no because the warranty covers a tank leak for the full six years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's one for folks who like to shop on eBay. I bought a refurbished
steam cleaner and was unhappy with the performance (some may recall I
posted some questions about it here). I ultimately decided that
despite its claim to being refurbished, there was still something
wrong with it. I contacted the seller by email, who promptly
responded with a toll-free phone number to talk with a real person.
That real person then:

1. Arranged for a no-charge UPS pickup of the unit.
2. Immediately shipped me a replacement, which I received the next
day before I'd even sent back the original one.
3. Sent me a brand-new one instead of another refurbished one, just
to make sure it didn't have problems again.

The seller was cleanairshopping, and it will be the first place I look
whenever I need the kinds of things they sell (air cleaners, steam
cleaner, vacuums).