Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Exemplary Service Received

On 05/21/2010 09:16 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2010 17:38:57 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On May 21, 11:47 am, Jay wrote:
Yesterday I called the company which made my workshop air cleaner:

http://jdstools.com/air-tech750-er.aspx

When I moved down to the beach, I lost the remote that came with the
cleaner. Since I have my cleaner hanging from a 12 foot ceiling in my
workshop, climbing up and down on a ladder to turn it on and off wasn't
an attractive situation. I needed another remote.

I've had this cleaner for a good 5 years so it's not like I could claim
the remote was defective. Besides, it wasn't defective. It was just lost.

So I called them early yesterday afternoon to inquire how I could get a
replacement. "No problem", they said. And it wasn't.

I had the replacement remote in my hot little hand this morning. Less
than 24 hour service is worth giving some recognition.

BTW: I hung that air cleaner from the ceiling by myself last night.
What a PITA *that* was. It sure seemed easier five years ago.

Jay
Topsail Beach, NC

Made in the USA or (probably not) China. It's good to know there are
some companies that still give good service to their customers.

I had a "good service" this past Monday. Water heater tank leak.
Built in 12/2004 with a 6 year warranty. For grins and giggles I
returned it to HD without a receipt, but I did carry the manuals,
saved "box" labels, etc.

Walked out with a new WH ($479.) with a 6 year warranty. From start to
finish was less than 3 hours and I had hot water again.

FWIW as bad a rap as they sometimes get I'd thrown a lowball bid in on a
nice (as nice as they get anyway) Dell laptop on eBay. Wouldn't you
know, nobody else bid, but it showed up today with a SMART impending
hard drive failure message (probably got roughhoused in shipping, who
knows) a few minutes on Dell's web site transferring ownership and a few
more chatting with a CS rep and supposedly there's a new HDD shipping to
me on Monday, with the OS already preloaded. I could get used to this
warranty thing (wish my last laptop had had one, although the
previous one is 6 or 7 years old and other than having had the screen
and HDD replaced is still going strong. It's just obsolete and the
lo-res screen bothers me... 1080p baby!)

nate

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.