Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/floor.jpg

When we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and
spongy in front of the bathroom. I assumed there was some major problem
that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could see where the floor
had been cut into before, yet the floor wasn't right. I was prepared to
have to dig in some sort of pier in the crawlspace, but when I re-opened up
the floor all I could do was laugh. I guess if all you have access to is
two small pieces of 2X6 and one small piece of 2X10 this is the best you can
do.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 19, 2:39*pm, "CraigT" wrote:
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/floor.jpg

When we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and
spongy in front of the bathroom. *I assumed there was some major problem
that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could see where the floor
had been cut into before, yet the floor wasn't right. * I was prepared to
have to dig in some sort of pier in the crawlspace, but when I re-opened up
the floor all I could do was laugh. *I guess if all you have access to is
two small pieces of 2X6 and one small piece of 2X10 this is the best you can
do.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________

http://www.eset.com

If you own this, you have major work ahead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 19, 3:39*pm, "CraigT" wrote:
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/floor.jpg

When we first walked through the house I noticed the floor being sunk and
spongy in front of the bathroom. *I assumed there was some major problem
that someone tried to fix, but couldn't, because I could see where the floor
had been cut into before, yet the floor wasn't right. * I was prepared to
have to dig in some sort of pier in the crawlspace, but when I re-opened up
the floor all I could do was laugh. *I guess if all you have access to is
two small pieces of 2X6 and one small piece of 2X10 this is the best you can
do.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________

http://www.eset.com

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or
paste the URL in the address bar.

It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:

pics.
bbzzdd.
com
unauthorized
referrer
sorry

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

CraigT wrote:

The hardest part will be trying to get the height right, even though a
majority of this floor is going to be carpeted so I can leave the floor
plywood. The reason the height is an issue is the old floor was 3/4" oak
with the sub floor being 1 bys (3/4") at a diagonal. Modern floor plywood
is under 23/32" so I'll likely use 2 sheets with 1/8" masonite in between.

Easiest I've found is to add a layer of felt paper or so; can make
virtually any thickness needed by one or more plies cheaply and
certainly easier than trying shimming or finding other thicknesses of
stock materials.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or
paste the URL in the address bar.

It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:

pics.
bbzzdd.
com
unauthorized
referrer
sorry

database 5132 (20100520) __________

http://www.eset.com

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5132 (20100520) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On May 20, 8:52*am, "CraigT" wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter.."

Huh???? Why not just post a *working* link? And what's with all of the
Nod32 crap?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 8:52*am, "CraigT" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I get an "unauthorized referrer" message when I click on the link or
paste the URL in the address bar.

It's actually an *image* of black text that reads:

* * *pics.
* *bbzzdd.
* * *com
unauthorized
* *referrer
* *sorry

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter.."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

pics.
bbzzdd.
com
unauthorized
referrer
sorry

Thanks for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

pics.
bbzzdd.
com
unauthorized
referrer
sorry

Thanks for the help.

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

Jay

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On May 21, 12:14*am, Jay Hanig wrote:
On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

* * * pics.
* * bbzzdd.
* * * com
unauthorized
* * referrer
* * sorry

Thanks for the help.

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. *When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

Jay

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On May 21, 12:27*am, Ron wrote:
[...]

Here is the pic http://i49.tinypic.com/vder14.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:
[...]

It opens fine for me, and I'm using Firefox.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On May 21, 9:06*am, Tony wrote:
Ron wrote:
[...]

Well, it doesn't for me but does with IE
so................................
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:
On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay wrote:
On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On May 21, 12:36*pm, Jay Hanig wrote:
On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay *wrote:
On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. *When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. *I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay wrote:

On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 12:14*am, Jay Hanig wrote:
On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

* * * pics.
* * bbzzdd.
* * * com
unauthorized
* * referrer
* * sorry

Thanks for the help.

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. *When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

Jay

Doesn't work in IE 6 on my office machine.

Doesn't work in FF 3.6.3 on my home machine.

Works in IE 7 on my home machine (same one where is doesn't work in FF
3.6.3)

Works in Safari on a MacBook Pro

Works in IE 8, Opera and FF 3.6.3 on my son's machine

Go figure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay wrote:
[...]

....and it works fine with SeaMonkey 2.0.4
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay wrote:

On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.

It opens fine with FF 3.6.3. at home fine. It won't open at work with the
same version, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay wrote:

[...]

Probably the security perimeter on your LAN at work, or a net-nanny
blocking 'outside' pictures in general. Malicious code can be buried in
pictures, so many corporate LANs block some or all .jpg files,
especially ones not embedded in an actual web page.

Could easily be, but certainly not all pictures are blocked. Usually a 100pt.
font warning is displayed when you go to a site the nanny disapproves. With
this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay *wrote:

[...]

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

That might be so at if a corporate server was involved, but as I said:

"Works in IE 7 on my home machine (same one where is doesn't work in
FF 3.6.3) "

So it can't be a LAN setting since it works with one browser but not
with another on the *same* machine. No net-nanny type software
running.

And just to make it even more interesting, the link now works on the
corporate machine running IE6 on which it did *not* work last week.

As I said earlier...

Go figure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay *wrote:

[...]

this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin.- Hide quoted text -

"With this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin"

It's actually a gif image.

Where I work, if a picture site (tinypic, etc) is blocked, we get a
webpage from a corporate proxy server. It explains the steps to take
contact our IT department if we feel the site should be allowed, etc.

In this case, the gif image is presented by the pics.bbzzdd.com site,
not by our corporate servers. You can view the source of the webpage
and see that is comes directly from pics.bbzzdd.com, so it is not
being blocked by anything internal to my company.