Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down

On May 22, 4:34*pm, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2010 19:28:17 -0400, willshak wrote:

Ron wrote the following:
On May 21, 12:36 pm, Jay Hanig wrote:

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay *wrote:

On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. *When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer.

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. *I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.

It opens fine with FF 3.6.3. at home fine. *It won't open at work with the
same version, though.

Probably the security perimeter on your LAN at work, or a net-nanny
blocking 'outside' pictures in general. Malicious code can be buried in
pictures, so many corporate LANs block some or all .jpg files,
especially ones not embedded in an actual web page.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

That might be so at if a corporate server was involved, but as I said:

"Works in IE 7 on my home machine (same one where is doesn't work in
FF 3.6.3) "

So it can't be a LAN setting since it works with one browser but not
with another on the *same* machine. No net-nanny type software
running.

And just to make it even more interesting, the link now works on the
corporate machine running IE6 on which it did *not* work last week.

As I said earlier...

Go figure.