Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Haha-I was wondering why this floor was sunk down

On May 22, 6:30*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2010 16:34:09 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2010 19:28:17 -0400, willshak wrote:

Ron wrote the following:
On May 21, 12:36 pm, Jay Hanig wrote:

On 5/21/2010 12:27 AM, Ron wrote:

On May 21, 12:14 am, Jay *wrote:

On 5/20/2010 9:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whenever you encounter something like that you can copy and paste the URL
into a new tab or browser window, drag the icon next to the URL to the
status bar at the bottom of the browser window, or hit "Alt+D, then Enter."

Yeah, that's better. Now I get an *image* of black text that reads:

Whatever the problem is, it's on your end. *When I clicked on the url, I
saw a picture of a floor with a section removed showing no real support
underneath.

OK, folks...here is the problem.

It will not open with Firefox. It will open with Internet Explorer..

I use tinypic.com myself to post pics.

Au contraire. *I opened it with Firefox.

Jay

3.6.3?

Other people are having problems, so something isn't right.

Opens fine with FF 3.6.3 for me.

It opens fine with FF 3.6.3. at home fine. *It won't open at work with the
same version, though.

Probably the security perimeter on your LAN at work, or a net-nanny
blocking 'outside' pictures in general. Malicious code can be buried in
pictures, so many corporate LANs block some or all .jpg files,
especially ones not embedded in an actual web page.

Could easily be, but certainly not all pictures are blocked. *Usually a 100pt.
font warning is displayed when you go to a site the nanny disapproves. *With
this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin.- Hide quoted text -

"With this one it was just some html gobbledygook, or somethin"

It's actually a gif image.

Where I work, if a picture site (tinypic, etc) is blocked, we get a
webpage from a corporate proxy server. It explains the steps to take
contact our IT department if we feel the site should be allowed, etc.

In this case, the gif image is presented by the pics.bbzzdd.com site,
not by our corporate servers. You can view the source of the webpage
and see that is comes directly from pics.bbzzdd.com, so it is not
being blocked by anything internal to my company.