Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any advice
,thanks dan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used duration 10 years ago on the outside of my house, cedar shingle.
Duration is warranted for life..Bad faded shingles appeared so I will need
to paint it again...Sherwin Williams did good on their warranty and gave me
more than enough to cover what needs to be painted..Am I going to use it
again?? I don't know. According to consumers reports Home Depot's Behr is
very highly rated...good luck
"Red Green" wrote in message
(Dan) wrote in news:17358-4B58DFE6-616@storefull-
3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any advice
,thanks dan.

Is English your first language? If not, I sincerely apologize for the
following.

I'm really getting tired of people who are too ****ing lazy to compose a
sentence without an honest effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 6:14*pm, (Dan) wrote:
Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any advice
,thanks dan.

I would find out what the warranty is all about on "duration" first.
But I must admit anything with the word "super" is hard to resist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/21/2010 7:48 PM Red Green spake thus:

(Dan) wrote in
news:17358-4B58DFE6-616@storefull- 3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any
advice ,thanks dan.

Is English your first language? If not, I sincerely apologize for
the following.

I'm really getting tired of people who are too ****ing lazy to
compose a sentence without an honest effort.

I'm starting to wonder how many of these postings are one-handed text
messages typed out while driving. They sure read like it.

Which would in itself be a lame excuse.

He's a web-tv'er. They post from the Barcolounger while reading text
on the teevee.

Once you get used to them, they're relatively benign. Been around for
ages.

Jon

I've never seen or used Web TV and I have no idea what Barcolounger is.
Why would someone use such a thing (pay?) that does not even provide a
primitive basic such as typing. I really don't think that's the case. I
think it's just plain too much trouble, aka lazy, to make reasonable use
of caps and punctuation so it's legible.

Look at the recent post:
Subject: Refrigerator problem - again!
From:
(---MIKE---)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Probably better than I would do using a newsreader and it appears to be
from Web TV.

No, I'm not some language nut nor am I a typist but I read what I type
and make reasonable corrections as necessary to what I catch. In the case
of XNews, there is no spelling grammar checker that I know of.

I wonder what kind of havoc it causes to someone who has vision problems
and their computer reads and translates to audio? I know nothing about
that software but my guess is that when it doesn't recognize something it
spells it out.

Look at what it might have to spell out:

Hi,im
spring,what
use,duration,or
paint,im
gun,any
,thanks

Maybe the software is smart enough to figure it out by running
unrecognized things through a WrittenByLazyassOrIdiot macro before
outputting it as spelled audio.

I don't need to get used to them. They can mingle among each other with
full understanding between them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:33:35 -0500, EJ Willson wrote:
I'm really getting tired of people who are too ****ing lazy to compose a
sentence without an honest effort.

I agree with Red totally.

Me too - although I don't find it *quite* as bad as top-posting, or those
who reply with a one-liner to acres of included text. Number three on the
list, I think :-)

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:06:19 -0600, Red Green wrote:
I've never seen or used Web TV and I have no idea what Barcolounger is.
Why would someone use such a thing (pay?) that does not even provide a
primitive basic such as typing. I really don't think that's the case. I
think it's just plain too much trouble, aka lazy, to make reasonable use
of caps and punctuation so it's legible.

I agree. There are spaces in there, and capitals, and a period; the
technology's obviously capable of it - it's just that the OP was just too
lazy to bother with it. To be honest, that makes me far too lazy to help
them out.

Maybe the software is smart enough to figure it out by running
unrecognized things through a WrittenByLazyassOrIdiot macro before
outputting it as spelled audio.

Ha ha! I was replying to you as I was reading your post, so I typed
exactly that before seeing that you'd got there first :-) (I even used
'lazy-ass', too)

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dymphna wrote:
Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

I wonder what "it" is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose
and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

Hi,im
spring,what
use,duration,or
paint,im
gun,any
,thanks

Maybe the software is smart enough to figure it out by running
unrecognized things through a WrittenByLazyassOrIdiot macro before
outputting it as spelled audio.

[snip]

Hi. I'm going to paint my gun, which I use as a wood splitter for the
duration until spring. Any advice? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It took me all but 2 seconds to Google Sherwinn Williams.
The site had the two paints the OP was inquiring about. I was easy to
find.
As far as I can tell his email was clear. Badly written but clear.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in news:4b5a0047$0$2466
:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose
and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:12:49 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose
and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.

In the ole days, there was "spick-and-span", used for washing for
paint prep.

I figured I would never get all the desert dust out of my rough
textured stucco.

Power washed and painted..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose
and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.

In the ole days, there was "spick-and-span", used for washing for
paint prep.

I figured I would never get all the desert dust out of my rough
textured stucco.

Power washed and painted..

"Good" painters don't.
Good painters prepair the surface well, removing or killing all mildew
and removing as much dirt as possible.

TSP is generally used as a basis for most paint prep.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:43:24 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

A guy I work with attended a school where the emphasis was on football
and I often ask him to please let me write his business correspondence.
I will often see something like "I done the work an I want 2 know why
I aint got paid yet? Please replie AZAP." Perhaps the customer couldn't
decipher the last bill he sent to them?

An employee applied for an electrical department position. Filling out
his papers, late one night I found the guy under the control center
desk - figuring out wire colors. Oh, he worked on submarines in the
Navy. Even go the job.

My all time favorite report was a "Incident Report".

Officer charged a prisoner with Insolence and Refusing an Order.

Body of Report:

"I telled him not to do did it but he do dit anywho"

I'll never forget that one as long as I live. Yes, it was a real
report in Florida.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
(Dan) wrote in
news:17358-4B58DFE6-616@storefull- 3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any
advice ,thanks dan.

Is English your first language? If not, I sincerely apologize for the
following.

I'm really getting tired of people who are too ****ing lazy to
compose a sentence without an honest effort.

A guy I work with attended a school where the emphasis was on football
and I often ask him to please let me write his business
correspondence. I will often see something like "I done the work an I
want 2 know why I aint got paid yet? Please replie AZAP." Perhaps the
customer couldn't decipher the last bill he sent to them?

TDD

Had reviewed an employee writing once lomg ago that really made me laugh.

"Sometimes when an operator is working by accident, yadd aydda gets
broken."

Had no idea he said that when they work it's an accident.

Ho gosh, it's been about four decades since I worked for an electrical
supply company that had an assortment of Hillbonics speaking employees
who supplied me with endless entertainment. There was a salesman who
said to me "Do exactly what I tell you. Don't never do that." The guy
got all bent out of shape when I did exactly as I was told. Arguments
were always a lot of fun, irregardless of the subject.[sic] Trying to
explain what portmanteau meant was an exercise in futility. Y'all wood
never understand less'n y'all wuz thair.[sic]

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A guy I work with attended a school where the emphasis was on football
and I often ask him to please let me write his business correspondence.
I will often see something like "I done the work an I want 2 know why
I aint got paid yet? Please replie AZAP." Perhaps the customer couldn't
decipher the last bill he sent to them?

An employee applied for an electrical department position. Filling out
his papers, late one night I found the guy under the control center
desk - figuring out wire colors. Oh, he worked on submarines in the
Navy. Even go the job.

My all time favorite report was a "Incident Report".

Officer charged a prisoner with Insolence and Refusing an Order.

Body of Report:

"I telled him not to do did it but he do dit anywho"

I'll never forget that one as long as I live. Yes, it was a real
report in Florida.

It's so funny when you try to correct their English. They may yell,
"Y'all noe wut eye meen!"[sic]

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl;3098287 Wrote:
On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time

on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

- a Usenet "apology"

Nope - I scraped and primered it before painting.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F;3098349 Wrote:
Dymphna wrote:
Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time

on
my house and it was peeling by the next year.

I wonder what "it" is.

It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2010 11:38 AM Dymphna spake thus:

David Nebenzahl;3098287 Wrote:

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one
time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

Nope - I scraped and primered it before painting.

But was that really good prep? No mold, mildew, stain or other stuff
needing removed? What about caulking, filling, other surface prep?

Maybe you actually did a decent prep job, but "scraped and prime[re]d
it" doesn't usually cut it.

- a Usenet "apology"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2010 11:42 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Bob F;3098349 Wrote:

Dymphna wrote:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one
time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.

I wonder what "it" is.

It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly.

Wasn't that the house label of Standard Brands? They've been out of
business for, what, 30 years or so?

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At the job site we had a Secretary. All reports crossed her desk as
she had the only typing machine.

- Bummminham: The biggest city in Alabama. "You can travel cross this
entire land, they ain't no place like Bummminham."

- Caint: Cannot. "Ah just caint understand why this checkbook won't
balance."

- Et: To have eaten. "You done et.?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Growing up in The South the way I have gives me a great perspective
on Southern regional dialects. Most people don't realize that there
are numerous Southern accents. I am fluent in most of the dialects.
Half my relatives are Damn Yankees so I have to communicate with them
too. I had to learn Yankbonics too.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Yankbonics - lol? I's guess I gots some of that just like some of youze
guys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

My mother is from Brooklyn and a naturalized Southerner, she says
"Y'alls guys".

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams (Or Shum Weems)

Being a D. Yankee, I didn't know there were several Southern
dialects. I know that Texas is different than Southern, but,
honeychile, I didn't know the rest of what you wrote.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams (Would that be Sher Weems?)

I would guess Yankbonics is northern black dialect? That
provides whole different directions. What happens when a
bunch of Michigan Detroit blacks visit NAACP meeting in
Georgia? They walk around telling each other "Y'all talk
funny"?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

Growing up in The South the way I have gives me a great
perspective
on Southern regional dialects. Most people don't realize
that there
are numerous Southern accents. I am fluent in most of the
dialects.
Half my relatives are Damn Yankees so I have to
communicate with them
too. I had to learn Yankbonics too.

TDD

Yankbonics - lol? I's guess I gots some of that just like
some of youze
guys.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F;3098349 Wrote:

Dymphna wrote:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one
time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.

I wonder what "it" is.

It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly.

Wasn't that the house label of Standard Brands? They've been out of
business for, what, 30 years or so?

- a Usenet "apology"

Not that long. It was about 15 years ago.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl;3100765 Wrote:
On 1/26/2010 11:38 AM Dymphna spake thus:

David Nebenzahl;3098287 Wrote:

On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one
time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

Nope - I scraped and primered it before painting.

But was that really good prep? No mold, mildew, stain or other stuff
needing removed? What about caulking, filling, other surface prep?

Maybe you actually did a decent prep job, but "scraped and prime[re]d
it" doesn't usually cut it.

- a Usenet "apology"

When I redid it, I used Columbia and did not have the problem.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2010 4:20 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

I would guess Yankbonics is northern black dialect? That
provides whole different directions. What happens when a
bunch of Michigan Detroit blacks visit NAACP meeting in
Georgia? They walk around telling each other "Y'all talk
funny"?

You'd be guessing wrong, and it shows your inherent racism. But that
comes with the territory, I guess, being a Mormon and all.

- a Usenet "apology"

Death of Tony Williams Tony Williams Electronic Schematics 2 October 19th 07 09:35 PM
Williams & Hussey sandman Woodworking 8 November 26th 05 11:51 PM
Ripped off at Sherwin WIlliams Chris Home Repair 112 August 6th 05 09:51 PM
Sherwin-Williams Paint Pat Home Repair 6 June 4th 05 02:05 PM
Fitch Williams? Thomas Gardner Metalworking 1 September 8th 03 07:08 PM