Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:08:55 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:12:49 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose
and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.

In the ole days, there was "spick-and-span", used for washing for
paint prep.

I figured I would never get all the desert dust out of my rough
textured stucco.

Power washed and painted..

"Good" painters don't.
Good painters prepair the surface well, removing or killing all mildew
and removing as much dirt as possible.

TSP is generally used as a basis for most paint prep.