Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:00:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:47:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:43:24 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

A guy I work with attended a school where the emphasis was on football
and I often ask him to please let me write his business correspondence.
I will often see something like "I done the work an I want 2 know why
I aint got paid yet? Please replie AZAP." Perhaps the customer couldn't
decipher the last bill he sent to them?
An employee applied for an electrical department position. Filling out
his papers, late one night I found the guy under the control center
desk - figuring out wire colors. Oh, he worked on submarines in the
Navy. Even go the job.

My all time favorite report was a "Incident Report".

Officer charged a prisoner with Insolence and Refusing an Order.

Body of Report:

"I telled him not to do did it but he do dit anywho"

I'll never forget that one as long as I live. Yes, it was a real
report in Florida.
It's so funny when you try to correct their English. They may yell,
"Y'all noe wut eye meen!"[sic]

TDD

At the job site we had a Secretary. All reports crossed her desk as
she had the only typing machine.

- Bummminham: The biggest city in Alabama. "You can travel cross this
entire land, they ain't no place like Bummminham."

- Caint: Cannot. "Ah just caint understand why this checkbook won't
balance."

- Et: To have eaten. "You done et.?"

Growing up in The South the way I have gives me a great perspective
on Southern regional dialects. Most people don't realize that there
are numerous Southern accents. I am fluent in most of the dialects.
Half my relatives are Damn Yankees so I have to communicate with them
too. I had to learn Yankbonics too.

TDD

A local Vegas girl went back to Georgia with my friend "Bubba". When
they came back after two weeks, I asked her what she thought (implying
culture shock)?

"I didn't know you could make (speak) a whole sentence in curse
words!", she said.

She was exposed to the finer things in life :-/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sherwinn Williams (Would that be Sher Weems?)

You'll never make a living as a mind reader. If this (below)
is typical of your mind reading skills, you'll starve in a
week.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 1/27/2010 4:20 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

I would guess Yankbonics is northern black dialect? That
provides whole different directions. What happens when a
bunch of Michigan Detroit blacks visit NAACP meeting in
Georgia? They walk around telling each other "Y'all talk
funny"?

You'd be guessing wrong, and it shows your inherent racism.
But that
comes with the territory, I guess, being a Mormon and all.

- a Usenet "apology"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I would guess Yankbonics is northern black dialect? That
provides whole different directions. What happens when a
bunch of Michigan Detroit blacks visit NAACP meeting in
Georgia? They walk around telling each other "Y'all talk
funny"?

Hillbonics iz wut we all Hillbillies talk. An weuns ain't
blaak, well mostes uv us ainyway. They mite be a lil bit
mixxd en here n thar. U noe, sum fellers kain't keap it
zzipped.

TDD

Death of Tony Williams Tony Williams Electronic Schematics 2 October 19th 07 09:35 PM
Williams & Hussey sandman Woodworking 8 November 26th 05 11:51 PM
Ripped off at Sherwin WIlliams Chris Home Repair 112 August 6th 05 09:51 PM
Sherwin-Williams Paint Pat Home Repair 6 June 4th 05 02:05 PM
Fitch Williams? Thomas Gardner Metalworking 1 September 8th 03 07:08 PM