Pat

Default Sherwin-Williams Paint

Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a gallon
better?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pat" wrote in message
Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a gallon
better?

I have no idea about Rodda, but I have used SW. It is good paint and yes,
you usually get better result with the more expensive paints. Less runs,
drips, better coverage. How important is it to risk a crappy job to save
$10 a room? Try a gallon of each in different rooms and decide yourself.

Jim Ranieri

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Pat" wrote in message
Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a

gallon
better?

I have no idea about Rodda, but I have used SW. It is good paint and yes,
you usually get better result with the more expensive paints. Less runs,
drips, better coverage. How important is it to risk a crappy job to save
$10 a room? Try a gallon of each in different rooms and decide yourself.

Absolutely. There are times and places to save money (hotels, airfare, etc.)
and times and places where it's counterproductive to save a buck (paint,
shingles, surgery). Choose wisely.

Rick

"Pat" wrote in message
Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a

gallon
better?

I have no idea about Rodda, but I have used SW. It is good paint and yes,
you usually get better result with the more expensive paints. Less runs,
drips, better coverage. How important is it to risk a crappy job to save
$10 a room? Try a gallon of each in different rooms and decide yourself.

Absolutely. There are times and places to save money (hotels, airfare, etc.)
and times and places where it's counterproductive to save a buck (paint,
shingles, surgery). Choose wisely.

Dunn-Edwards paint is better quality than SW.

Pat

Don't seem to have Dunn-Edwards in this area. The choice appears to be
Rodda or Valspar or Sherwin-Williams. Sherwin-Williams appears to be the
most expensive. Its on sale this month at $29. I am going to buy 10
gallons or so in the morning.

Hopkins

Never heard of Rodda, but I've used S-W's higher lines and like it fine.

Doug Miller

In article , "Pat" wrote:
Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a gallon
better?

Never hear of Rodda... but you tell me: if it was as good as the S-W paint, do
you *really* think they'd be selling it for TEN BUCKS a gallon less?

I've used a *lot* of S-W paint over the years, and *never* had *any* cause for
complaint with it. It's really good paint. Goes on easily, covers well, very
durable.

Cheap paint is no bargain.

Which is less expensive: a $22/gallon premium paint that does the job with one
gallon, or a $12/gallon "budget" paint that requires two gallons to cover?

--
Regards,

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 07:28 PM
Camp Painting help Needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 14 February 19th 05 10:17 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM