Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Sherwinn Williams

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/21/2010 7:48 PM Red Green spake thus:

(Dan) wrote in
news:17358-4B58DFE6-616@storefull- 3172.bay.webtv.net:

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to
use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any
advice ,thanks dan.

Is English your first language? If not, I sincerely apologize for
the following.

I'm really getting tired of people who are too ****ing lazy to
compose a sentence without an honest effort.

I'm starting to wonder how many of these postings are one-handed text
messages typed out while driving. They sure read like it.

Which would in itself be a lame excuse.

He's a web-tv'er. They post from the Barcolounger while reading text
on the teevee.

Once you get used to them, they're relatively benign. Been around for
ages.

Jon

I've never seen or used Web TV and I have no idea what Barcolounger is.
Why would someone use such a thing (pay?) that does not even provide a
primitive basic such as typing. I really don't think that's the case. I
think it's just plain too much trouble, aka lazy, to make reasonable use
of caps and punctuation so it's legible.

Look at the recent post:
Subject: Refrigerator problem - again!
From:
(---MIKE---)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Probably better than I would do using a newsreader and it appears to be
from Web TV.

No, I'm not some language nut nor am I a typist but I read what I type
and make reasonable corrections as necessary to what I catch. In the case
of XNews, there is no spelling grammar checker that I know of.

I wonder what kind of havoc it causes to someone who has vision problems
and their computer reads and translates to audio? I know nothing about
that software but my guess is that when it doesn't recognize something it
spells it out.

Look at what it might have to spell out:

Hi,im
spring,what
use,duration,or
paint,im
gun,any
,thanks

Maybe the software is smart enough to figure it out by running
unrecognized things through a WrittenByLazyassOrIdiot macro before
outputting it as spelled audio.

I don't need to get used to them. They can mingle among each other with
full understanding between them.