Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Complementing Kohler

Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 31, 10:05*am, GROVER wrote:
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

My experience, too. Their customer service people are evidently
allowed to go the extra mile for client satisfaction. Other companies
in the faucet business have been reported favorably as well, but some
have sold products that succumb too readily to a particular local
water supply and make an offered replacement not worth the trouble.
Gotta respect them for trying, though.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"GROVER" wrote in message
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid Hong Foo
or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at Home Depot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

GROVER wrote:
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

It's nice but rare to hear someone complement good customer service.
Give someone bad customer service and you never stop hearing about it.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"GROVER" wrote in message
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid Hong
Foo or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at Home Depot.

I dunno. I have one of the HD faucets although I am not sure if it is house
brand. It was made in Italy. It is a pullout sprayer model. When the little
cover of the spray/stream button on the spout tore, The whole spout was
replaced. With it came a note. The replacement was for a different model but
would fit and work OK. If I was not happy with it call back in about 2
months when the right spout will be back in stock.
Well the replacement was longer than the original and put the water stream
to in a bad spot in the sink. So I called back in a couple of months and
reintroduced myself. The right spout was sent out right away. The earlier
replacement? Keep it as a souvenir.
And then there was a little O-ring that only purpose was to keep the spout
from rattling in the holder. I thought it was just easy enough to pick up a
replacement locally. Sorry, it is a metric sized piece. Another phone call
brought the O-ring with no problem at all.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"GROVER" wrote in message
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured
in 2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee
and is sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My
hat is off to Kohler.

Joe G

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid
Hong Foo or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at
Home Depot.

Price Pfister just sent me a new cartridge for the valve in my tub/shower.
I thought this was very nice of them, considering that I originally
purchased the unit 15 years ago.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/09 01:24 pm, Charlie wrote:

Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid Hong
Foo or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at Home Depot.

"Glacier Bay" is one of theirs. Many of the parts seem to be
interchangeable with Delta. Maybe they're made by Delta.

I dunno. I have one of the HD faucets although I am not sure if it is house
brand. It was made in Italy. It is a pullout sprayer model. When the little
cover of the spray/stream button on the spout tore, The whole spout was
replaced. With it came a note. The replacement was for a different model but
would fit and work OK. If I was not happy with it call back in about 2
months when the right spout will be back in stock.

I just had a similar problem with a Moen kitchen faucet with pull-out
spray. They are sending a whole new "spray wand" -- but why the rubber
cover is not available separately I have no idea: it's not even shown in
the parts list.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
[...]

Moen did something similar for my single handle shower faucet. The dip tube
in my water heater had recently disintegrated into little crumbs (a recall
issue). The crumbs apparently got lodged in the cartridge and made it
twitchy. I was too busy to drive all over the place looking for the right
cartridge, so I emailed them from their web site, which required a mailing
address. Got an email a few hours later saying "Your cartridge is on the way
at no charge." The problem wasn't even their fault, but that didn't matter
to them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's nice but rare to hear someone complement good customer service.

Probably be even nicer to compliment them...

Otoh, a nice complement to good service would be to also have a good
product...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

If a manufacturer keeps replacing a crappy product, you may suspect
the value of the item to begin with. If that makes any sense.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:05:44 -0800 (PST), GROVER
wrote:

Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

Ditto for Delta. They are sending me a new detrgent dispencer. 2002
model.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

The Daring Dufas wrote:
dpb wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's nice but rare to hear someone complement good customer service.

Probably be even nicer to compliment them...

Otoh, a nice complement to good service would be to also have a good
product...

--

If a manufacturer keeps replacing a crappy product, you may suspect
the value of the item to begin with. If that makes any sense.

Simply a comment on the difference between "compliment" and "complement"
as in the OP...

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
dpb wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's nice but rare to hear someone complement good customer service.

Probably be even nicer to compliment them...

Otoh, a nice complement to good service would be to also have a good
product...

--

If a manufacturer keeps replacing a crappy product, you may suspect
the value of the item to begin with. If that makes any sense.

Simply a comment on the difference between "compliment" and "complement"
as in the OP...

--

Eye dont never mispel no wurds. "It's" fun to mess with "its" spelling.
I forgot to put [sic] again. *snicker* I actually had a grammar

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote in
:

The Daring Dufas wrote:
dpb wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's nice but rare to hear someone complement good customer
service.

Probably be even nicer to compliment them...

Otoh, a nice complement to good service would be to also have a good
product...

--

If a manufacturer keeps replacing a crappy product, you may suspect
the value of the item to begin with. If that makes any sense.

Simply a comment on the difference between "compliment" and
"complement"
as in the OP...

--

Nobody rags on Ziva for word misuse.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2k4m5k.jpg

Kohler engine serswonthelp Home Repair 3 May 23rd 09 06:11 PM
Kawasaki vs. Vanguard vs. Kohler dean Home Repair 7 April 14th 07 09:15 PM
Kohler sink frank Home Repair 1 August 4th 06 01:34 AM
The Kohler 1B1X ballcock. Molly Brown Home Repair 0 January 4th 06 11:44 PM
Kohler 321 stalls when rev'd [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 26th 05 12:01 PM