Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Complementing Kohler

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 12/31/09 01:24 pm, Charlie wrote:

Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid Hong
Foo or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at Home Depot.

"Glacier Bay" is one of theirs. Many of the parts seem to be
interchangeable with Delta. Maybe they're made by Delta.

I dunno. I have one of the HD faucets although I am not sure if it is
house
brand. It was made in Italy. It is a pullout sprayer model. When the
little
cover of the spray/stream button on the spout tore, The whole spout was
replaced. With it came a note. The replacement was for a different model
but
would fit and work OK. If I was not happy with it call back in about 2
months when the right spout will be back in stock.

I just had a similar problem with a Moen kitchen faucet with pull-out
spray. They are sending a whole new "spray wand" -- but why the rubber
cover is not available separately I have no idea: it's not even shown in
the parts list.

Perce

Moen did something similar for my single handle shower faucet. The dip tube
in my water heater had recently disintegrated into little crumbs (a recall
issue). The crumbs apparently got lodged in the cartridge and made it
twitchy. I was too busy to drive all over the place looking for the right
cartridge, so I emailed them from their web site, which required a mailing
address. Got an email a few hours later saying "Your cartridge is on the way
at no charge." The problem wasn't even their fault, but that didn't matter
to them.