Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default Complementing Kohler

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"GROVER" wrote in message
Occasionally, a company performs well and deserves praise. I have a
kitchen faucet, the style with a pull out spray nozzle in the spout.
It developed a slow leak at the valve. Although it was manufactured in
2003 and installed in 2004, the company honored their warrantee and is
sending the replacement parts at no charge.
This is the kind of company policy which keeps customers loyal. My hat
is off to Kohler.

Joe G

I had an identical experience with Moen. There's a reason to avoid Hong
Foo or whatever the phuque is the name of the house brand at Home Depot.

I dunno. I have one of the HD faucets although I am not sure if it is house
brand. It was made in Italy. It is a pullout sprayer model. When the little
cover of the spray/stream button on the spout tore, The whole spout was
replaced. With it came a note. The replacement was for a different model but
would fit and work OK. If I was not happy with it call back in about 2
months when the right spout will be back in stock.
Well the replacement was longer than the original and put the water stream
to in a bad spot in the sink. So I called back in a couple of months and
reintroduced myself. The right spout was sent out right away. The earlier
replacement? Keep it as a souvenir.
And then there was a little O-ring that only purpose was to keep the spout
from rattling in the holder. I thought it was just easy enough to pick up a
replacement locally. Sorry, it is a metric sized piece. Another phone call
brought the O-ring with no problem at all.

Charlie