Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home. Family of 2 adults + 2 children

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: and the tankless boys can stick them. I like HOT water. Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
water.

I try to deal in facts
AndyEnergy
Residential energy consultant

NO tankless will give 140 - 160 degree water at full flow. And especially
when the incoming water is 36-38 degrees. So Stick your tankless.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:13:58 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

jeeeze......

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 11:19 am, "S. Barker" wrote:
"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: and the tankless boys can stick them. I like HOT water. Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
water.

NO tankless will give 140 - 160 degree water at full flow. And especially
when the incoming water is 36-38 degrees. So Stick your tankless.

Remember that other thread about microwaves where people gave you ****
for your opinion about NO NEVER NO HOW put a microwave above a stove?
Remember how you said it was just your opinion and you didn't really
care what other people did? This is like that. You've made you
opinion known, you have, let's say singular, requirements in what
constitutes hot water, that nobody else shares, so why are you beating
a dead horse?

Here, I'll make you feel better.

You're doing the right thing.

For you.

Just nobody else.

And, by the way, where in Alaska do you live that they didn't bury
your water line much below the frost line?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Along these same lines:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...w&refer=energy

"Natural gas advanced on shrinking liquefied natural gas imports and
rising crude oil prices.

Shipments of LNG to the U.S. have fallen as higher prices available in
Asia and Europe attract cargoes...."

"LNG imports are averaging about 900 million cubic feet a day this
month compared with 3.2 billion cubic feet a day in April of 2007,
said Stacy Nieuwoudt, an analyst at Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
Houston...."

"Imports of Canadian gas will probably decline by an average of 1
billion cubic feet a day this year, Dane said. The U.S. imported 3.77
trillion cubic feet, or about 16 percent of total consumption, from
Canada in 2007, according to the Energy Department."

The Nymex Henry Hub price as I type this is $10.02 per MMBtu; eight
months ago, the front-month close price was half that.

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 6:32 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
[...]

Oops. My mistake. I'll edit and correct it so it applies to you.
Here goes:

You've made your opinion known, you have, let's say singular,
requirements in what
constitutes hot water, that nobody else shares, so why are you beating
a dead horse?

Here, I'll make you feel better.

You're doing the right thing.

For you.

Just nobody else.

And, by the way, where in Alaska do you live that they didn't bury
your water line much below the frost line?

There. That's better. Sorry for the mix up.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message
.. .

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:31:00 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

Well, for those living in San Francisco the wait won't be long.
According to the AAA, the average cost of regular unleaded is $3.929,
up from $3.758 a month ago; mid grade and premium are selling at
$4.181 and $4.249 respectively and diesel is $4.422.

The wait is already over in Hawaii where regular gas in Wailuku sells
for $4.072. But since Hawaii is not part of the United States, it
doesn't count, right?

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas
will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that
for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

Well, for those living in San Francisco the wait won't be long.
According to the AAA, the average cost of regular unleaded is $3.929,
up from $3.758 a month ago; mid grade and premium are selling at
$4.181 and $4.249 respectively and diesel is $4.422.

The wait is already over in Hawaii where regular gas in Wailuku sells
for $4.072. But since Hawaii is not part of the United States, it
doesn't count, right?

Kalifornia isn't in the United States either, is it?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 10:19*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: *and the tankless boys can stick them. *I like HOT water. *Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
water.

I try to deal in facts
AndyEnergy
Residential energy consultant

NO tankless will give 140 - 160 degree water at full flow. * And especially
when the incoming water is 36-38 degrees. * So Stick your tankless.

Barker the PUZTS , can you shower at over 110, or even 105, gee you
can get a tankless Takagi to kill you rated at 170- 180 f output on
ITS SETTING, its stupid putzes like you that are so simple to put down
as cranks-phonys- **** heads. , My puny 460$ Bosch 117000 btu heats my
incomming 35f to a hot shower without even being on high, I mean, you
dumb ass, its rated 90f rise, and I dont use or need it, nobody does
for a dam shower. At least DAM freakin idiots like you could read Spec
Manuals online, but of course, Hillary ran a guantlett of sniper fire,
on VIDEO, as she walked with the kids, and some morons still believe
that crap.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 10:19*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: *and the tankless boys can stick them. *I like HOT water. *Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
water.

I try to deal in facts
AndyEnergy
Residential energy consultant

NO tankless will give 140 - 160 degree water at full flow. * And especially
when the incoming water is 36-38 degrees. * So Stick your tankless.

Your stupidity is still enlivening us here, mr S. Barker, Go check
Takagi for 180f units, but the only person needing 140+ is someone
using it for home heating, and its done, and they are made to do 180f.
My savings and paybak are long up your ass Barker, you bark, but its
bs.You really dont know **** about tankless- do you barkass.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in messagenews:i5570410l67tuohunj36cr6i9a1unln6sq@4ax .com...

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul- Hide quoted text -

Well here in Chgo regular is AT 3.70 up to 385, HO is up to 410 in
some areas. Mr Barkerass, you dont know squatt.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 9:08�pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 14, 10:19�am, "S. Barker" wrote:

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: �and the tankless boys can stick them. �I like HOT water. �Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
[...]

that crap.- Hide quoted text -

ransley sure rants a lot, i didnt know they let folks like him have
internet access? perhaps he is using it at the nursing station? they
really should be more careful at mental hospitals......... inmates err
patients might be hazardous..............
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:09:34 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in messagenews:i5570410l67tuohunj36cr6i9a1unln6sq@4ax .com...

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

On Apr 14, 5:31*pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
Ya, really. *I get *a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". * YA YA, *you been telling me that for
7 years now. *Some day they will be right... *LMMFAO!!

Well here in Chgo regular is AT 3.70 up to 385, HO is up to 410 in
some areas. Mr Barkerass, you dont know squatt.

Hi Mark,

I don't work in this industry and I'm by no means well versed in its
inner workings, but I think it's pretty much a given that we'll be
hitting the $4.00 mark throughout much of the United States in the
coming weeks. I'm already paying $1.21 per litre or $4.55 per gallon
for regular unleaded here in Nova Scotia and we're told we can expect
to pay $1.30 or more by May ($5.00+ a gallon).

Nymex crude is trading at $112.08 a barrel as we speak but, more
importantly, the crack spread between crude oil and wholesale gasoline
is razor thin. That being the case, refiners have no real incentive
to build inventories because there is no financial gain (hard to
believe, but refiners -- the smaller, independent players in
particular -- are being squeezed by high crude oil prices just like
everybody else). Gasoline supplies will tighten going forward due to
reduced refinery output (utilization levels have been steadily falling
in recent weeks) and this will ultimately help boost margins in due
course and, of course, retail prices. Be assured, the consumer won't
come out as the winner.

The chart on this page pretty much tells the whole story:
http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:55:16 -0300, Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:

[...]

Hmm... looks like we just hit a new all-time high -- $112.46 a barrel.
If this Wednesday's EIA report shows a further drop in inventory
levels, best pull your seat belt a little tighter.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

I live in the kansas city area. most the lines are between 28 and 36
inches. My incoming is about 36 degrees in january. I only know this
because i have a darkroom, and it is sometimes hard to temper water to 100
degrees for hours on end.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

'till now and forever.

"Glenn" wrote in message
To any who might still have this complete thread. After the first couple
of days, I have been deleting them unread. How long has it gotten by now?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:59:17 -0500, "S. Barker" wrote:

I usually go by the official national average. You could hardly call CA or
HI a normal place.

I'm sure the citizens of CA and HI will be amused to hear that.

Be that as it may, the AAA national average for regular unleaded is
now $3.386; mid-grade and premium are $3.596 and $3.725 respectively.
Diesel is selling for $4.119.

Crude oil is currently trading in excess of $113.50 a barrel and if
the EIA's inventory numbers fall again tomorrow we can expect more
turmoil in the oil markets. Refiners are not in the business to lose
money, so either wholesale gasoline prices will rise or they'll simply
cut back on production -- either way, retail prices will increase to
reflect the higher cost of this more expensive crude.

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 15, 12:02 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:

it's still 3.09 here in kc. I don't see it hitting $4
here THIS summer. Watch us atwww.kcgasprices.com so i don't have to keep
telling you.

Oh, I see, I didn't understand your position. You're giving advice on
a newsgroup that has readers from all over North America, and a number
from other continents, but you're giving advice based on what's
happening in your backyard. Why didn't you say so? It would have
saved us all a lot of time.

As far as the price of a gallon of gas, I'm seeing northwards of $3.50
for the cheap stuff, and going as high as $3.70. Considering the
total clusterf that's going on with the economy and the exchange rate,
I think you're a very optimistic man. More power to you!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 9:32Â*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:08�pm, ransley wrote:

On Apr 14, 10:19�am, "S. Barker" wrote:

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: �and the tankless boys can stick them. �I like HOT water. �Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
[...]

patients might be hazardous..............- Hide quoted text -

Yea well if you posted any fact I would not be ****ed you senile old
****
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 15, 8:36Â*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:32Â*pm, " wrote:

On Apr 14, 9:08�pm, ransley wrote:

On Apr 14, 10:19�am, "S. Barker" wrote:

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: �and the tankless boys can stick them. �I like HOT water. �Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
[...]

I see you managed to sneak internet access again

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"ransley" wrote in message

On Apr 14, 5:31 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:

Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in
messagenews:i5570410l67tuohunj36cr6i9a1unln6sq@4ax .com...

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul- Hide quoted text -

Well here in Chgo regular is AT 3.70 *up to 385, HO is up to 410 in
some areas. Mr Barkerass, you dont know squatt.- Hide quoted text -

Only a few farmers from the Wizard of Oz live in Kansas, its hardley a
place gasolene prices matter compared to LA, Chicago or NY, I mean
Kansas WTF. OK im BSn,,, but its all near 4 a gallon , and Barker is
still full of ****, as he has always been ....a man of no facts, just
bs mam.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 9:32Â*pm, " wrote:

On Apr 14, 9:08�pm, ransley wrote:

On Apr 14, 10:19�am, "S. Barker" wrote:

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: �and the tankless boys can stick them. �I like HOT water. �Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
[...]

I see you managed to sneak internet access again- Hide quoted text -

Post a truth hallerb, then I will be happy.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"RicodJour" wrote in message
[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

with a tankless you would have no issues "Tempering" water to 136 , it
might even helpfully [for us ] ruin the film, why even bother with
film these days, what a waste it is and always has been , Film.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 15, 11:03*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
He's a ****stick.

wrote in message

ransley sure rants a lot, i didnt know they let folks like him have
internet access? perhaps he is using it at the nursing station? they
really should be more careful at mental hospitals......... inmates err
patients might be hazardous..............

Barker, when you decide to post truth I wont complain.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote in message

ransley sure rants a lot, i didnt know they let folks like him have
internet access? perhaps he is using it at the nursing station? they
really should be more careful at mental hospitals......... inmates err
patients might be hazardous..............

Barker = Liar, Barker = dumb dog

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 16, 12:00*am, "Walter R." wrote:
$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San Diego..
At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary accommodation". The
dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay more dollars
for the same amount of oil.

--
Walterwww.rationality.net

"ransley" wrote in message
On Apr 14, 5:31 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas
will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in
messagenews:i5570410l67tuohunj36cr6i9a1unln6sq@4ax .com...

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul- Hide quoted text -

Well here in Chgo regular is AT 3.70 *up to 385, HO is up to 410 in
some areas. Mr Barkerass, you dont know squatt.- Hide quoted text -

Boy Barker lives in a time warp, the average price of mid to high
grade in CA just hit an avg of 4$ a gallon with oil at $114 a barrel,
anyway who lives or cares about Kansas`s prices, I mean how many
people live in Kansas, well not many, as I read it.

Dumb Ass Doggie S. Barker from dog cans ass, can`t read, he always
barks bs when he posts.

Way to go SB
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Apr 14, 9:32Â*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:08�pm, ransley wrote:

On Apr 14, 10:19�am, "S. Barker" wrote:

"Andy Energy" wrote in message

Q: �and the tankless boys can stick them. �I like HOT water. �Not
lukewarm
water.
A: A properly sized tankless water heater can give you scalding
[...]

Yea I rant when with senile idiots like you post total BS
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Walter R." wrote in message
$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San Diego.
At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary accommodation".
The dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay more
dollars for the same amount of oil.

But just 16 months ago, many of us were paying just over $2.00 a gallon in
many areas.

Greenspan's "monetary accomodation" began in the late 90's and continues
today. So why the CURRENT price surge, and why did it take so long to hit
home?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

In article ,
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San Diego.
At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary accommodation".
The dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay more
dollars for the same amount of oil.

But just 16 months ago, many of us were paying just over $2.00 a gallon in
many areas.

Greenspan's "monetary accomodation" began in the late 90's and continues
today. So why the CURRENT price surge, and why did it take so long to hit
home?

The price of gas, like all things, is being manipulated by the puppet
masters of the world. According to the Wall Street Journal, if based on
supply and demand, it would be about $1.50. In California there are two
refineries, and they take turns shutting down for one phony reason or
another, to artificially exacerbate the "shortage."
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:33 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

The price of gas, like all things, is being manipulated by the puppet
masters of the world. According to the Wall Street Journal, if based on
supply and demand, it would be about $1.50. In California there are two
refineries, and they take turns shutting down for one phony reason or
another, to artificially exacerbate the "shortage."

There are only *TWO* oil refineries in California? Then perhaps you
would be so kind as to select which two from the following list:

BP West Coast Products LLC, Carson
Chevron U.S.A. Inc., El Segundo
Chevron U.S.A. Inc., Richmond
Tesoro Refining & Marketing Company, Golden Eagle
Shell Oil Products US, Martinez
ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Company, Torrance
Valero Benicia
ConocoPhillips, Wilmington
Shell Oil Products US, Wilmington
Valero (Ultramar) Wilmington
ConocoPhillips, Rodeo San Francisco
Big West of California LLC, Bakersfield
Paramount Petroleum Corporation, Paramount
ConocoPhillips, Santa Maria
Edgington Oil Company, Long Beach
Kern Oil & Refining Company, Bakersfield
San Joaquin Refining Company Inc., Bakersfield
Greka Energy, Santa Maria
Lunday Thagard, South Gate
Valero Wilmington Asphalt
Tenby Inc., Oxnard

And when you've finished that assignment, get yourself acquainted with
the REAL facts about supply and demand. Hint #1: world demand has now
reached 87 million barrel a day or some 1,000 barrels a SECOND. Hint
#2: oil production in 33 out of the 48 major oil producing countries
is now in decline due to field exhaustion, and this includes Kuwait,
Mexico, Britain's North Sea and, most recently, Russia. Hint #3: oil
producing countries are exporting less crude because of rapidly rising
domestic demand.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

wrote in message

ransley sure rants a lot, i didnt know they let folks like him have
internet access? perhaps he is using it at the nursing station? they
really should be more careful at mental hospitals......... inmates err
patients might be hazardous..............

Barker, when you decide to post truth I wont complain.

ransley doesnt know what the truth is
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Not a time warp. Just a normal place. You can't call the west coast a
normal place. Everything is three to ten times higher than it should be out
there. You should be thankful the gas is not $12 a gallon.

"Walter R." wrote in message
$ 3.09? You must be living in a time warp. Look at our prices in San Diego.
At 3.87, and climbing every day.

Mostly because of Mr. Greenspan and his insane "monetary accommodation".
The dollar has lost 30% of its value and, naturally, we have to pay more
dollars for the same amount of oil.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:47:30 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

Hint#4. there enough in alaska to supply the us. NOW if you could get the
twiddly toed pink wearing ****in queer tree huggers off the case, we could
use it.

Bzzzttt. Wrong answer. Please put on this pointy hat and sit facing
the corner.