Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message
.. .
"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message

I'm also predicting gasoline will hit $2.00 a gallon... umm, on second
thought, make that $3.00 a gallon... no, wait!... $4.00 a gallon.

Cheers,
Paul

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:31:00 -0500, "S. Barker"
wrote:

Ya, really. I get a great big laugh everytime i hear someone say "gas
will
be $4 a gallon by the end of summer". YA YA, you been telling me that
for
7 years now. Some day they will be right... LMMFAO!!

Well, for those living in San Francisco the wait won't be long.
According to the AAA, the average cost of regular unleaded is $3.929,
up from $3.758 a month ago; mid grade and premium are selling at
$4.181 and $4.249 respectively and diesel is $4.422.

The wait is already over in Hawaii where regular gas in Wailuku sells
for $4.072. But since Hawaii is not part of the United States, it
doesn't count, right?

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:59:17 -0500, "S. Barker" wrote:

I usually go by the official national average. You could hardly call CA or
HI a normal place.

I'm sure the citizens of CA and HI will be amused to hear that.

Be that as it may, the AAA national average for regular unleaded is
now $3.386; mid-grade and premium are $3.596 and $3.725 respectively.
Diesel is selling for $4.119.

Crude oil is currently trading in excess of $113.50 a barrel and if
the EIA's inventory numbers fall again tomorrow we can expect more
turmoil in the oil markets. Refiners are not in the business to lose
money, so either wholesale gasoline prices will rise or they'll simply
cut back on production -- either way, retail prices will increase to
reflect the higher cost of this more expensive crude.

Cheers,
Paul