Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

Default What insect is this?

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

GOOD GODS! Get everyone out of the house NOW!

Seriously, I don't know. But, I'm reminded of a Far Side cartoon: A side
view mirror with the usual warning "Objects in mirror are larger than they
appear". The entire mirror is taken up by an enormous eye. :-)

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

post it at;
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/index.html

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

GOOD GODS! Get everyone out of the house NOW!

Seriously, I don't know. But, I'm reminded of a Far Side cartoon: A side
view mirror with the usual warning "Objects in mirror are larger than they
appear". The entire mirror is taken up by an enormous eye. :-)

Google Family Coreidae. Leaf footed bugs. Can't determine species from
picture.

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

By the way, they are common, and are harmless, although they do have
piercing/sucking mouthparts and someone told me they can inflict a bite if
handled improperly.

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens
tom tom is offline

Sure looks like an Eastern cone-nose beetle or assassin bug. Anyway,
these can end up hiding under/between mattresses and such, coming out
while you sleep to enjoy a meal of blood. After becoming sensitized to
their bites, anaphylactic shock is possible. Call an exterminator? Tom
wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Looks like a stinkbug to me, but there are thousands of beetles that
resemble that thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

here in ky we call them stink bugs. cause they stink if you mash em.
those bug bombs you set off will kill them , or malathyon out of a
sprayer.but i have to wonder, hos is such a big bug getting in, must be
an opening in your house. lucas

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

In article .com,
says...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

You might look up Western conifer seed bug, or pine seed bug and see if
that is what you have...mainly an occasional invader when you have a
conifer of some sort near by. There are a number of possible plant bugs
that can feed of different sources. Depending on what it is may
determine how or if even treatment is needed, which may be removing the
food source...not always a practical solution.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in news:1159734872.766933.102100
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

What kind of insects are these?

I think it's the bug my ex had up her ass.

How do I get rid of them?

Pondered that one for years.
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Still kind of hard to tell without color. As someone said there are
many bugs just like that. For example the Box Elder Bug and Milkweed bug:

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.../boxelder.html

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.../milkweed.html
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

On 1 Oct 2006 13:34:32 -0700, wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

First if my beloved Wifey saw it, it would be a DEAD BUG.

Now me, I would have checked it out, because it kinda looks like
species of Assassin Bug. We are suppose to have them here in Pa, but
haven't seen one in real life.

later,

tom @ www.MyFastCoolCars.com

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

In article , Tom The Great wrote:
On 1 Oct 2006 13:34:32 -0700, wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

First if my beloved Wifey saw it, it would be a DEAD BUG.

Now me, I would have checked it out, because it kinda looks like
species of Assassin Bug. We are suppose to have them here in Pa, but
haven't seen one in real life.

I just took a look. I don't recognize it specifically, but it sure
looks like something from the order Hemiptera ("true bugs").

In my experience, home infestions of those tend to come from population
swings in the neighborhood going wild, maybe on a nearby tree. Those tend
to correct themselves within a year. I don't see these finding anything
to eat in your home so they'll starve to death. If any lay eggs first,
then any of their young that hatch in your home will starve to death while
they are still tiny.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
In article , Tom The Great
wrote:
[...]

Some interesting replies. It is in the order Hemiptera. It's not a Reduviid,
or assasin bug. While may Coreids do give off odors when handled, there is a
completely different family of Henipterans called Pentatomidae, the stink
bugs. Anyway look at the hind legs. A typical trait of many in the family
Coreide the dilation of the hind tibia, hence the common name Leaf Footed
Bugs. I believe I see this trait in your photo. The light is not so great
but I believe I see the specimen well enough to call it Leptoglossus
occidentalis or Leptoglossus clypealis, probably occidentalis. My $0.02.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/2696
http://bugguide.net/node/view/43201/bgpage

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:09:45 -0700, "OscartheGrouch"
wrote:

[...]

My husband wanted to be an entomologist but opted for Trop[cal Ag
degree instead; so he could sell his knowledge for more $.

We love bugs.

He calls it an Assasin Bug. They prey on other insects as he
rememebers from 40 years ago. They are not harmful. Probably waiting
for another insect to come and to nab it.

aloha,
Beans
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

I've added one more picture. Crawling across the carpet.
There is some more color there now.

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0303_2.jpg

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.consumers.pest-control

http://www.ento.psu.edu/extension/fa...r_seed_bug.htm

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.../assassin.html

They are very close in looks but to a trained eye one can see that this is a
Western Conifer Seed Bug, it is not an assassin bug.

--
I wish you all the best
Tim Wise

www.onepest.com
www.askourpros.com
Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

They are called an "Assassin Bug"

I always thought they were a type of stink bug, since when you step on
them, they do smell. But our pest control fellow said they are a
species of Assassin bug. They can give a very painful bite. They do
fly, albeit clumsily, but are very slow moving.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2082.html

hope this helps.
Janet

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

In article .com,
says...
I've added one more picture. Crawling across the carpet.
There is some more color there now.

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0303_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0308_2.jpg

guessing since you posted again on it you didn't google Western conifer
bug or pine seed bug to see a picture to compare to yours

I brightened up you seed bug pics to take a look...definitely not a type
of assassin bug.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.consumers.pest-control

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 17:02:42 GMT, wrote:

Here is the last picture the original poster posted along with a

picture of
a Western Conifer Seed Bug, See any similarities?

This IS NOT an assassin bug. If someone is trying to tell you it is

you need
to just smile and say ok thank you, because these pictures will show

you
different.

http://www.ento.psu.edu/ImageGallery...onSeedBug2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0303_2.jpg

Thank you! We stand corrected. We do not have that particular bug
here in Hawaii. We have one that looks similar and it is an assassin
bug. Thanks for the information.

with aloha,
beans
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

In article .com,
caledon wrote:

They are called an "Assassin Bug"

I always thought they were a type of stink bug, since when you step on
them, they do smell. But our pest control fellow said they are a
species of Assassin bug. They can give a very painful bite. They do
fly, albeit clumsily, but are very slow moving.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2082.html

Assassin bugs do not form the kind of population blooms that some
herbivorous species of the order Hemiptera do.

- Don Klipstein )

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Looks like a "box elder beetle" which like maple trees as much a box
elder trees.

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

"Jim McLaughlin" wrote in message
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them? Thanks a lot!

Looks like a "box elder beetle" which like maple trees as much a box
elder trees.

It appears to be a Pine Seed Bug. You aren't likely to get rid of them. The
upside is that you really don't need to because they don't do anything to
your house or trees.
http://www.bentler.us/eastern-washin...-seed-bug.aspx

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sure looks like an Eastern cone-nose beetle or assassin bug.

Head is shaped wrong. Lucky thing too

Al

Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Years ago, I had something in my travel trailer that I couldn't get rid
of. I also had some wool carpet that had apparently disintegrated.
Finally, I wound up putting a few of them in a bottle and took them to
an expert professor at the local university. The guy actually seemed to
enjoyed identifying the bug and talking to me, incidentally. It turned
out to be a carpet beetle (duh).

Anyway, if you are really concerned and can't get a definitive answer
and you have a university close by, you might want to do what I did.

Supplier for High-Visibility Insect Screens? [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 29th 09 12:51 PM
Insect in Outside Wall KB Home Repair 6 August 19th 06 11:52 PM
Insect inside my tv .. Indu Prakash Electronics Repair 1 September 26th 05 05:34 PM
insect droppings? Tom Home Repair 5 July 23rd 05 02:46 AM
Basement got some tiny insect 00_DotNetWarrior Home Repair 4 June 17th 05 02:59 PM