Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

Default What insect is this?

"Jim McLaughlin" wrote in message
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them? Thanks a lot!

Looks like a "box elder beetle" which like maple trees as much a box
elder trees.

It appears to be a Pine Seed Bug. You aren't likely to get rid of them. The
upside is that you really don't need to because they don't do anything to
your house or trees.
http://www.bentler.us/eastern-washin...-seed-bug.aspx