Default Supplier for High-Visibility Insect Screens?

Hi, everyone.

I've got wonderful new windows in my home with dual spectrally
selective low-e coatings, which means that a lot of thermal energy is
blocked but I can still see out with virtually no loss of visibility
(that is, the coatings are not very dark).

Until I put the ugly insect screens on. Then my spectrally selective
low-e coatings are a big waste, because the screens block out enormous
amounts of light.

My research has turned up the VividView Insect Screens from Pella.
These screens use a much finer material made by Gore that allows up to
50% more light and air through when compared to a traditional
fiberglass screen. You can read about this screen material
hehttp://tinyurl.com/8dsfc

Unfortunately, Pella has an exclusive with Gore and there is no way to
purchase a roll of screen mesh (at this time-July 2005) from them. (I
called Gore.) And Pella wants me to purchase new frames and will not
sell me just the screen material. Andersen Windows has released their
answer to VividView called TruScene Insect Screen (Jan 05), and their
retailers won't sell me just the screen mesh, either.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that has a similar product to the
one made by Gore or Andersen? I'd prefer not to have to purchase new
insect frames since the ones I have fit perfectly (they were made by
the window manufacturer).

Thanks in advance,
Andre' A.

Posted to alt.home.repair

abutcher had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ens-65838-.htm
:
There is now a Product called Phifer BetterVue screen material, it is
available in various sizes. HomeDepot.com sells it.

Another retailer is wholesalescreensandglass.com. There you can request a
free sample.

Anthony