Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Accidental use of water and water company?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message

How about that cite on pulling a permit for replacing a light switch
and receptacle, fool?

You do have one, don't you?

Now this was fun

You retards are easily entertained.
Was it as much fun as answering spammers?

http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/BBI...al_permit.html

*An electrical permit is required before any new electrical wiring
and/or equipment is installed or before any existing electrical wiring
and/or equipment is altered.*

A switch and receptacle DO NOT fall under this cite.
They are "devices". Did you not know that, dumbski?

Strike one!

tp://www.co.chatham.nc.us/dept/centralpermit/web/When%20a%20permit%20is%20required.htm.

Electrical Permits Required

No person shall install, alter, repair, replace or relocate any
electrical material, appliances or equipment without first having
obtained a permit for the specific work to be performed.

Again, no mention of "devices".

Strike two!!

http://www.ci.watauga.tx.us/publicworks/epermits.htm

WHEN IS AN ELECTRICAL PERMIT REQUIRED?

A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, add to,
alter, repair, replace, move improve, remove, install, convert, demolish,
equip, use, occupy or maintain a structure or building, service equipment or
cause same to be done without first obtaining a permit from the Public Works
and Parks Department.

No mention of "devices", dumbski, but they seem to have everything
covered anyway.

So you found ONE cite from bum**** Watauga!

Good boy.

Pat yourself on your dumb ass and be sure to get a permit anytime you
want to change a switch or receptacle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message
http://www.ci.watauga.tx.us/publicworks/epermits.htm

WHEN IS AN ELECTRICAL PERMIT REQUIRED?

A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, add
to,
alter, repair, replace, move improve, remove, install, convert, demolish,
equip, use, occupy or maintain a structure or building, service equipment
or
cause same to be done without first obtaining a permit from the Public
Works
and Parks Department.

No mention of "devices", dumbski, but they seem to have everything
covered anyway.

So you found ONE cite from bum**** Watauga!

Exactly. Now who is the dumski? I told you it existed but nooooo, you said
otherwise.
Fool

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message
http://www.ci.watauga.tx.us/publicworks/epermits.htm

WHEN IS AN ELECTRICAL PERMIT REQUIRED?

A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, add
to,
alter, repair, replace, move improve, remove, install, convert, demolish,
equip, use, occupy or maintain a structure or building, service equipment
or
cause same to be done without first obtaining a permit from the Public
Works
and Parks Department.

No mention of "devices", dumbski, but they seem to have everything
covered anyway.

So you found ONE cite from bum**** Watauga!

Exactly. Now who is the dumski?

You are.
Only a dumbski would get a $35 permit to replace a 50 cent switch and a
$6 GFCI.
Only a dumbski would advise somebody else to do so, fool.

But you got that spam jihad going on for you, dumbski.
Good luck with that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message
Only a dumbski would get a $35 permit to replace a 50 cent switch and a
$6 GFCI.
Only a dumbski would advise somebody else to do so, fool.

But you got that spam jihad going on for you, dumbski.
Good luck with that.

Oh, I have a fan club. How nice. You can follow me around like a little
puppy dog and make cute little nasty comments. Oh, you must make your
mother proud.

But true fans just admire their idol. I never advised anyone to get a
permit. You made that up in the nightcrawler brain that runs along your
flexible spine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message
Only a dumbski would get a $35 permit to replace a 50 cent switch and a
$6 GFCI.
Only a dumbski would advise somebody else to do so, fool.

But you got that spam jihad going on for you, dumbski.
Good luck with that.

Oh, I have a fan club. How nice.

Yes, your anti-spam work is quite inspiring.
Your electrical advise is a bit feeble-minded.

You can follow me around like a little
puppy dog and make cute little nasty comments.

I don't need your approval to do anything, fool.
(You sure are full of yourself).
You're not going to cry, are you?

But true fans just admire their idol. I never advised anyone to get a
permit.

Fool, you wrote:
"Yes, it may require a permit."
That's awful close to advising somebody to get a permit to replace a
switch and recepracle.

The correct answer was/is,
"No, you don't need a stinking permit to replace a switch and
receptacle".
Do you see the difference between the two statements?
One was made by a pussy.
Ask your wife to help you locate your testicles.
I'm sure he will be happy to help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Bart Byers wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
lee houston wrote:
"Bart Byers" wrote in message
RicodJour wrote:
In my town, water meters read like odometers. The meter reader is
competent and reliable. The retired couple across the street used about
2500 gallons per month. They were thrifty and sensible. They would not
water their lawn or even their shrubs.

One month they were billed for something like 15,000 gallons. They
couldn't account for it. They would certainly have heard that much water
running in the house, such as in a stuck toilet. It was a drought. I'd
been over there frequently and would have noticed wet ground if a hose had
been left on.

They had to pay. All bills before and after were normal. Other people in
town have had the same experience. What could cause it?
Possibly the water company was sending out estimated usage bills
which were low and then finally got around to actually reading
the meters??

lee
More likely they misread the meter. Had that happen several times on
electric meters where they would misread an upper digit. Had to call in
corrected readings. Even if I didn't call in corrected readings it would
be corrected at the next proper reading since it's a continuous count,
not a monthly reset. The bills after that 15,000 gallons were likely not
"normal", but rather "minimum" charges that showed little or no water
use, just the base charge.

In my case anything from 2,000 gal down is the base charge. I did once
blow a 3/4" fitting past the meter and it dumped about 12,000 gal before
I found and fixed it. The lawn was nice and green for a while in the
area sloping downhill from the meter pit.

Pete C.

Once a month the reader can be seen walking down the street and writing
the reading from each reader. A reading approximately 12,000 gallons
high would mean more than one digit was misread. As soon as I heard
about the high reading, I checked the meter. The usage since that
reading was consistent with historic usage.

Usage based on the quantity listed on the bill, or the meter readings?
Do the actual reported meter readings before during and after the
mystery bill "add up"? If all readings subsequent to the mystery one
show the 12,000 gal from the jump then either the water went through the
meter to somewhere, the meter had a failure or the meter was changed.

Anything like a water softener that could have a back flush valve get
temporarily stuck and dump a lot of water unnoticed? Over 30 days 12,000
gal could be as little as .27 gallons per minute. Over a 7 day period
it's like 1.2 gpm so a back flush valve stuck on a weekly cycle and
freeing the next cycle could pretty easily dump that much.

Pete C.

The meter readings I made after the high bill were consistent with the
reading on the bill and convinced me there was no continuing leak. I
wasn't shown old bills, but they said their monthly usage had always
been consistent.

They had no water softener. Their heating system used air. Indoors
they had a washing machine, a kitchen sink, and one bathroom. It's a
small, quiet house. They would have noticed running water.

The soil under the house was dry. Outside they had two taps with 1/2"
vinyl hoses for rinsing. I think I would have noticed a wet area or
lush grass if 12,000 gallons had run from a hose.

Several months earlier, the town had hired a contractor to move the
meter from the street side of the sidewalk to the yard side. I suppose
the meter reader could have supplied false readings for several months
so the shocking bill would not be associated with a meter change.

This town has about 200 voters. The bill comes early in the month. At
noon on the 25th a $65 penalty is due. The bill and penalty must be
paid in cash even if the resident has paid for 30 years without bouncing
a check. The meter reader pulls meters on unpaid accounts at noon so
people will pay immediately. With cash required and a noon deadline,
it's ideal for skimming; to determine how much cash was collected, an
auditor would have to know exactly what time each account was paid.

A neighbor didn't realize his bill was unpaid until he saw his meter
being pulled. The town clerk said they had neglected to send him a
bill, but because he was ten minutes late, he was still responsible to
pay the bill and the penalty in cash. Another time, the reader came to
his door at noon on Christmas Eve. He said they were pulling meters a
day before the deadline because it was Christmas, but my neighbor could
avoid the hassle if he paid the reader the bill and penalty in cash on
the spot.

I think officials have been robbing water customers for many years, but
I don't understand how they could pocket the money if they replaced a
meter to overbill somebody who paid by check.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Fool, you wrote:
"Yes, it may require a permit."
That's awful close to advising somebody to get a permit to replace a
switch and recepracle.

The correct answer was/is,
"No, you don't need a stinking permit to replace a switch and
receptacle".
Do you see the difference between the two statements?

I comprehend out English language. Saying "it may require a permit" does
NOT mean "go get a permit". Did you drop out of school when they taught
that in 5th grade? Do you live in Washington? They want to know what "is"
is. Maybe you can help.

Thanks for trying though. I appreciate my fan club watching every move I
make. It is so endearing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

landlord can basically do what he wants, i had one say its your
responsiblity to replace the water heater... yeah sure...

it may not be the lazy handyman, many landlords are so fixated at
saving bucks handy guy is likely doing job as instructed.

if you see a bad job before moving in run away.

but rent is likely lower and everyone wants something cheap

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 13 Jul 2006 14:06:39 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On 13 Jul 2006 12:17:41 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Someone asked about the 60,000 gallon loss of water we had. It was a flush
valve in a bathrrom in a warehouse that is not used. No one even went into
that roomf or a long time.

Hehe.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, dumbski.

He did not pay, dumbski.

I'm sure he don't live in a warehouse, dumbski.

Are you calling him a liar, retard?

"we had to pay" may mean a company, dumbski.

"The water department did come back to verify the
reading since it was unusual, but they sent the bill and we had to pay
it. "

Or are you just stupid?

I can do something about stupid...What can you do about being a
dumbski?

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

politics require a political solution, if enough people get mad then
run someone for office on a change the water company position.

heck if even half the customers refused to pay the bills the company
would reform itself

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fool, you wrote:
"Yes, it may require a permit."
That's awful close to advising somebody to get a permit to replace a
switch and recepracle.

The correct answer was/is,
"No, you don't need a stinking permit to replace a switch and
receptacle".
Do you see the difference between the two statements?

I comprehend out English language.

Too ****ing funny!!!
Irony - look it up.

Saying "it may require a permit" does
NOT mean "go get a permit".

The correct answer was/is,
"No, you don't need a stinking permit to replace a switch and
receptacle".

Did you drop out of school when they taught
that in 5th grade? Do you live in Washington? They want to know what "is"
is. Maybe you can help.

How is your testicle search coming along?
Won't your wife assist you?
What's his name?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Someone asked about the 60,000 gallon loss of water we had. It was a flush
valve in a bathrrom in a warehouse that is not used. No one even went into
that roomf or a long time.

Hehe.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, dumbski.

He did not pay, dumbski.

I'm sure he don't live in a warehouse, dumbski.

Non sequitur, retard.
(look it up)

Are you calling him a liar, retard?

"we had to pay" may mean a company, dumbski.

Non sequitur, retard.

"The water department did come back to verify the
reading since it was unusual, but they sent the bill and we had to pay
it. "

Or are you just stupid?

I can do something about stupid...

I suggest you start in the near future, retard.
It may save you from any more embarrassment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in message

How is your testicle search coming along?
Won't your wife assist you?
What's his name?

Yep, when you run out of facts, use derogatory remarks. Class act you are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Jul 2006 07:43:58 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"
wrote:

I suggest you start in the near future, retard.
It may save you from any more embarrassment.

Like Jackie Gleason told his son in the movie:

When I get home I going to slap you mamma.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can do something about stupid...

I suggest you start in the near future, retard.
It may save you from any more embarrassment.

Like Jackie Gleason told his son in the movie:

When I get home I going to slap you mamma.

Don't be stupid, retard.

Judging by your Jackie Gleason reference,
you must be on the other side of ancient.

My mother could simply kick your walker out from underneath you.

And if you persist, she could unplug your oxygen tank.

But don't worry, your colostomy bag is safe.

You would better serve yourself by addressing your 'stupid' problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Jul 2006 08:45:31 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"
wrote:

You would better serve yourself by addressing your 'stupid' problem.

recalcitrant

(look it up)

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You would better serve yourself by addressing your 'stupid' problem.

recalcitrant

Fine.
Remain stupid.
Really, Alzheimers Oren, I couldn't care less.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Jul 2006 07:41:31 -0700, wrote:

A buddy of mine was away for a week and returned to find that the water
heater in his rented condo had sprung a major leak. He said it was
running about like half of a wide open sink faucet rate. The friggin
thing was about 23 years old. I remember seeing the label on it, how
the area around the pipe connections looked corroded, etc. I warned
him about it and told him to make sure he shut off the water when he
was away on trips, but obviously, he didn't.

Good news is that the water was handled by the sump pump. Bad news is
a lot of water may have been billed. Not sure about the gas, as he
shut the thing off without finding out if the thing had been fired up.
The water coming out was cold, but at that flow rate, it could just be
that it couldn't heat it fast enough. He did say he didn't hear it
running. I'm hoping the water put the pilot out, but on the other
hand, from where it was leaking, it sounds like it was the anode rod
fitting area at the top of the tank that went.

Just wondering, does anyone have any experience in what happens with
the water or gas company in a case like this. Do they expect full
payment for the water/gas? Or if you can show it was an accident do
they negotiate or give you a break?

Also, what are views on the landlord's responsibility for paying for
the water/gas if the utility company does not? In the general case,
where it just happens to say a reasonably new water heater, it would
seem to me this is a grey area as to whether the landlord would be
responsible to pay for water. In the case of a 20+ year old water
heater, I think he has a much better case, as it's well known that
these things usually fail long before that, so it looks like a case for
negligence could be made.

He may want to check his lease. They are not all the same.

When I was an apartment landlord, my lease required notice if a tenant
would be absent from the premises for more than 24 hours. It also had
a 24 hour pager number for emergencies for the simple reason, I didn't
want needed repairs to go unnoticed and unreported.

I had a backlog of tenants waiting to move in. I had the highest rent
on the street. I also had a modernization program; replace the stoves
this year, dishwashers next year, solar screens, etc. I believe people
are more appreciative when getting something new they did not expect.

I also involved the tenants in maintaining the property. Mostly the
kids; racking leaves, picking up litter, watering the grass, etc.

Five years after selling the property, I still get invited to
Christmas parties and graduations. Some have been there 20 years.

It takes a while to weed out the bad ones; tenants and landlords.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
politics require a political solution, if enough people get mad then
run someone for office on a change the water company position.

heck if even half the customers refused to pay the bills the company
would reform itself

The town clerk, who lives 20 miles away, set the policies. Those who
supported her have been voted out. In campaigning, the mayor and one
of the councilmen were quite outspoken in their anger, having been
victimized.

She works short hours. If the office is closed, you put your payment in
the night deposit slot. Once I happened to check my bank balance online
on the 24th. I discovered that the check I'd put in the slot on the
12th had not been cashed, which meant my water would have been
disconnected the next day. The clerk told me somehow they had not
received the check, and I had to pay a 10% penalty.

You avoid the penalty by paying before closing time on the 15th. Once I
arrived an hour before closing time. The place was locked and no car was
in the lot. I assumed the clerk was home sick. I put my payment in the
slot. The clerk charged me the penalty. She said sometimes they locked
up early to have a meeting, and in that case anyone who found the door
locked had to pay the penalty. As there were no cars present, she was
lying about the meeting. She took some time off and billed me for it.

It's unclear how she and her assistant fill their short hours, but she
is often there at night with the doors locked. People have warned the
council that she is not working but accruing overtime so she can retire
early and demand compensation.

The mayor and the council are against her but she continues to rule
because she knows how to fill out the forms the federal government
demands of a tiny town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have a well and a septic system. In the 60s and 70s, council members
got rich selling houses on a low clay field. Then came the Reagan Era,
when big government said if anyone had drainfield problems, the
taxpayers would have to pay for a sewer system.

We and other residents were disconnected from our wells and septic
systems so the town could bill us for what we didn't want or need. Some
insisted on staying on their wells because the water was safer. They
were required to have their wells metered so the town could bill them
for sewerage. Then the town billed them for their own water as well as
sewerage.

(In the Clinton Era, the EPA reversed itself, saying a good septic
system would work in almost any terrain and in a rural community would
be much cheaper and better for the environment than a sewer. However,
county officials have stuck to the Reagan Doctrine because it makes
taxpayers help fly-by-night businesses and those making a killing in
real estate.)

My monthly consumption is a third of the average. Those using less than
the average are billed a flat rate as if they'd used the average. We're
the ones who pay the town's overhead so those who use more water get it
wholesale. The one who pays the largest share of the town's overhead
would be the widow who doesn't use a drop because she's away in a
nursing home. Because the billing encourages waste, there have been
expensive problems with the EPA over the disposal of all that sewer
water. Bills are ten times higher than in 1988.

nhurst wrote:
After something like that, I do believe I'd be digging my own well and
telling them to keep their meter. I'd even take out a loan for it, too.
That's just heinous.

-Nathan
Bart Byers wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"Bart Byers" wrote in message
[...]

In a town with 200 voters, it shouldn't be too hard to get the system changed.
Throw the rascals out.

Bob