Posted to alt.home.repair
kam

Default Goodman Heat Pump

My heat pump is Goodman Model CPKE30-1B . I am looking for an online
manual .
Is it possible to know the age of the pump from the serial number ?

Does this unit also have a furnace , if not where do I look for it ?
Pl. help .

Regards ,
Kam

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"kam" wrote in message
oups.com...
My heat pump is Goodman Model CPKE30-1B . I am looking for an online
manual .
Is it possible to know the age of the pump from the serial number ?

Does this unit also have a furnace , if not where do I look for it ?
Pl. help .

Regards ,
Kam

Sounds to me like you need some help with your new home.

Goodman website is not all that hard to find.
http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/s...edSite=Goodman

The CPK is not listed but a but a PKC is. Serial numbers are generally
worthless. Model numbers like you provided are better. The number you
listed leads me to think it is a remote heat pump. The air handler could be
in a closet, or in the attic. You probably will be better off call someone
locally and paying for them to make ya a copy of the manual.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Yes, it's possible to tell the age of any unit from the serial number. Some
are very obvious, but most are in code.
Yes, Goodman sells a furnace, but I don't know why you'd want to connect one
piece of junk to another piece of junk.

"kam" wrote in message
oups.com...
My heat pump is Goodman Model CPKE30-1B . I am looking for an online
manual .
Is it possible to know the age of the pump from the serial number ?

Does this unit also have a furnace , if not where do I look for it ?
Pl. help .

Regards ,
Kam

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"kam" wrote in message
oups.com...
My heat pump is Goodman Model CPKE30-1B . I am

looking for an online
manual .
Is it possible to know the age of the pump from

the serial number ?

Does this unit also have a furnace , if not

where do I look for it ?
Pl. help .

Regards ,
Kam

I think you have about a 5-6 year old,2-1/2 ton, 10
seer split-system heat pump but I can't say for
sure. I'd have to look it up and I am at home, not
at work. Do you have an air-handler in the house?
It should also have a model and serial #. It looks
kind of like a furnace and could be in a closet
somewhere or in the attic or basement.
The first 2 digits of the serial # will be the year
and the second 2 will be the month of manufacture
on Goodman equipment. If you call Goodman in TX
they can tell you if an extended warranty was
purchased for your unit. They are transferable to a
new owner for a minimal processing fee. You just
have to write a letter naming the old owner who the
unit was purchased by and then naming yourself as
the new owner. You may have to show proof but I
have never been asked for any on warranties I've
processed for customers. I'm the office girl. Lots
of posters to this group and especially alt.hvac
like to trash Goodman products but truely I don't
understand it. To me they really seem like the best
bang for your buck and we do sell other brands. I'm
in NJ so we are not big on heat pumps of any kind.
Feel free to e-mail me if there's anything I can
help you with. I don't look at this newsgroup
everyday.

Kathy

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Kathy" wrote

I'm the office girl. Lots
of posters to this group and especially alt.hvac
like to trash Goodman products but truely I don't
understand it. To me they really seem like the best
bang for your buck and we do sell other brands.

My company LOVES them. We make a lot of money repairing
them......constantly...

Seriously:

The main problem with Goodman (other than they are poorly made and look like
crap after just a couple of years because they fade/rust out so bad) is that
they will sell to any "Joe Blow" off the street. So you get some guy that
knows how to solder pipes and hook up the electric and all of a sudden, you
got AN INSTALLER!!! Most of the time these "installers" don't know what they
are doing (other than hooking the electric up and soldering pipes). You can
tell because you can see where they use plumming solder, no filte/driers are
used (which probably means they never vacuumed the system out properly),
units are set too close to the house (or other objects), and plenty of other
"tell tale" signs that an unprofessional installed it. Of course when the
homeowner asks "Why did the compressor crap out when it's only 2 years
old???" you ask them who installed the unit and of course they don't
remember. Then you suggest that they call the installer and have him fix it
because it surely must be under warranty and they say "the guy won;t return
my calls" or "he went out of business" or some other excuse.

Sure! Goodman can be installed properly and you can make it work the way it
should for cheaper than other brands. But probably 75% of them don't last
much past their warranty. At least most of the ones I have dealt with were
probably better off being put out of their misery.

Maybe they will improve someday. But right now, my company will not install
them. There are a few other brands that we feel the same way about. Even
after our company warranty is up, we don't want our customers getting ****ed
at us for installing they are going to be unhappy with down the road.

I have a good friend that manages the distribution center in my area. He
knows how I feel but he said he's not too worried because they keep flying
out the door.

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12 SEER and lower units. I
have never seen or worked on anything in their "High Efficiency" line.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Kathy, I respect your loyalty to the company you work for, but the sad truth
is, that just about everything Dr. Hardcrab says is true. I've had similar
experiences.

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

Kathy,
The first two digits in the serial # are the year, just like you said.
The next two digits are the WEEK, not the month. In my humble opinion,
Goodman is a POS. I sell some but try to avoid it. A Lennox or Trane
will outlast a Goodman by 5 years, on the average. Goodman units are
LOUD too.

Stretch

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in message
Don't listen to the Dr.
He's really a siding salesman in disguise. Wouldn't know a brick from
a furnace.
Bubba :-)

Vinyl or Aluminum?

;-]

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:02:19 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I
have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

Posted to alt.home.repair
butch burton

Many of these forums are frequented by people who install this stuff -
any HVAC manufacturer who will sell to anyone limits what installers
can charge for their services. Don't blame these guys for being PO'd
at Goodman - anyone that impacts my wallet negatively is not a friend
of mine.

Yeah you have to get anything installed properly for it to function.
Will probably install an Amana high efficiency tube burner furnace when
I build - hey it is not a Goodman guys - ha ha ha. Gee wonder who
really makes Amana.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RP

Kathy wrote:

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I

have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

What's keeping you from running the PVC through the roof?

hvacrmedic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rusht Limpalless

As a homeowner/investor, i have three new (within past 3 years) goodman high
efficiency furnaces in my buildings, put em in because they are fully
warranteed, inexpensive and will sell to anyone with the cash to buy (IE:
Me)
Heating and a/c is easily within the grasp of any competent homeowner, if
you do your own plumbing you should be doing your own hvac installs.
Just remember the thread dope and teflon tape and you'll be fine.
"RP" wrote in message
et...

Kathy wrote:

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I

have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

What's keeping you from running the PVC through the roof?

hvacrmedic

Posted to alt.home.repair
RP

Rusht Limpalless wrote:

As a homeowner/investor, i have three new (within past 3 years) goodman high
efficiency furnaces in my buildings, put em in because they are fully
warranteed, inexpensive and will sell to anyone with the cash to buy (IE:
Me)
Heating and a/c is easily within the grasp of any competent homeowner, if
you do your own plumbing you should be doing your own hvac installs.
Just remember the thread dope and teflon tape and you'll be fine.

I don't know what that has to do with my question, but since you brought
it up: My opinion is that your sentiment may be ok by you, but in the
form of advice it's extremely careless. There is a hell of a lot more to
a proper install than pipe dope. Besides being able to properly install
everything there are set-up and testing --things that you probably don't
have a clue how to perform and likely don't even have the equipment
required to perform, and if that is the case then you've endangered the
lives of your tenants. If it burns you have no fall-back protection.
You'll be tried for manslaughter and be given plenty of time to ponder
your error. Just something to keep in mind.

hvacrmedic

"RP" wrote in message
et...

Kathy wrote:

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I

have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

What's keeping you from running the PVC through the roof?

hvacrmedic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Rusht Limpalless" wrote in message
news
As a homeowner/investor, i have three new (within past 3 years) goodman
high efficiency furnaces in my buildings, put em in because they are fully
warranteed, inexpensive and will sell to anyone with the cash to buy (IE:
Me)
Heating and a/c is easily within the grasp of any competent homeowner, if
you do your own plumbing you should be doing your own hvac installs.
Just remember the thread dope and teflon tape and you'll be fine.

It's been said a thousand times:

HVAC is not rocket science, but there is a reason that almost all
municipalities require a licenjse to do the work. It has nothing to do with
trying to rip off the public (as you inferred in another post). As I stated
befo I don't want to install something that a customer is going to be
****ed at me for later on down the road.

If you can change a unit out, more power to you. Good luck on trying to get
anything covered by a warranty if you can't provide a license......

"RP" wrote in message
et...

Kathy wrote:

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I

have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

What's keeping you from running the PVC through the roof?

hvacrmedic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"butch burton" wrote in message
ups.com...
Many of these forums are frequented by people who install this stuff -
any HVAC manufacturer who will sell to anyone limits what installers
can charge for their services.

It's going to cost you MORE for me to install it if YOU buy the equipment. I
still get it cheaper than you can.

Don't blame these guys for being PO'd
at Goodman - anyone that impacts my wallet negatively is not a friend
of mine.

You sound like someone that doesn't have many friends anyway.

Yeah you have to get anything installed properly for it to function.
Will probably install an Amana high efficiency tube burner furnace when
I build - hey it is not a Goodman guys - ha ha ha. Gee wonder who
really makes Amana.

I wouldn't install an Amana, either........

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Kathy" wrote

v Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

A lot of companies that produces gas furnaces make a 95% (or better)
furnace. Maybe not as cheap as a Goodman, but they got 'em.

http://www.commercial.carrier.com/de...l?SMSESSION=NO

http://www.gorb.net/ultra95.html

http://www.yorkupg.com/homeowners/furnace.asp

http://www.whirlpoolhvac.com/heatingGold95.asp

http://www.lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=G61V

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

There are always going to be hacks and HVAC techs who do installs on nights
and weekends after their day job. If someone lets them impact their price,
then they don't know how much profit margin they need to survive. You can't
get into a bidding war against them, because you can't win.
Some of the best customers are people who can't get the installer to return
their call. They tend to tell all their friends and neighbors that you were
the one who saved them when their equipment failed.

"butch burton" wrote in message
ups.com...
Many of these forums are frequented by people who install this stuff -
any HVAC manufacturer who will sell to anyone limits what installers
can charge for their services. Don't blame these guys for being PO'd
at Goodman - anyone that impacts my wallet negatively is not a friend
of mine.

Yeah you have to get anything installed properly for it to function.
Will probably install an Amana high efficiency tube burner furnace when
I build - hey it is not a Goodman guys - ha ha ha. Gee wonder who
really makes Amana.

Posted to alt.home.repair
kam

I sent you an email Kathy . Please respond if you had received it .

Regards ,
Kam

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote

v Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

A lot of companies that produces gas furnaces make a 95% (or better)
furnace. Maybe not as cheap as a Goodman, but they got 'em.

http://www.commercial.carrier.com/de...l?SMSESSION=NO

http://www.gorb.net/ultra95.html

http://www.yorkupg.com/homeowners/furnace.asp

http://www.whirlpoolhvac.com/heatingGold95.asp

http://www.lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=G61V

another thing: Go on eBay and type "Goodman heat pump" in the search.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
WM

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

WM

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:48:09 -0500, "Kathy"
wrote:

"kam" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"WM" wrote in message

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

You're full of **** too.

Most major brands have the exact same warranty as Goodman.

As far as them selling a lot:

They sold a lot of Yugos back in the 80s. Don't see too many of them on the
road any more do you......

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

WM,

I live in Myrtle Beach, SC.
We sell mostly heat pumps here. I used to sell a lot of Goodmans when
I first started. However, they do not last as well as some other
brands, like Lennox and Trane and York. Typically a Lennox will
outlast a Goodman by 5-years. In addition, they are very loud. I can
hear my neighbor's Goodman OD unit when I am sitting next to my lennox
while it is running. I consider quiet operation to be part of comfort.
I stopped selling very many goodman units because of warranty and out
of warranty problems.

Yes, they are easy to install. If you are only going to live in your
house for a couple of years, then move; the Goodman can be a good deal
if the sound levels don't bother you. The first cost of goodman is
lower than Lennox, but over the long run, the Lennox is cheaper.

Of course not all Lennox dealers are equal. We have one Lennox dealer
in my areacharging double my prices and doing a hack job.

My feeling is when you buy from a Goodman dealer, you get a Goodman
job.

Just because it is a 14 SEER unit, does not mean you will get 14 SEER.
The equipment must be sized right; the ducts must not leak, The air
flow must be correct, the charge must be correct. Otherwise a 14 SEER
unit can deliver 9 SEER. Most Goodman dealers do not do REAL load
calculations, they size by the square foot of floor space, which is
WRONG. They do not flow nitrogen when brazing the Freon lines, which is
WRONG. They seal the ducts with unapproved tape instead of approved
UL181 A-P tape or mastic. They do not measure air flow with a hood.
They do not have good tools to check refrigerant charge. They do not
size lines properly.

You can do a proper installation with Goodman, but if all you have to
offer the customer is a low price, you cannot afford a Flow Hood
($2,000.00 & up), Blower Door ($2,700.00), Duct Blaster ($1,800.00),
Sling Psychrometer ($100.00 per truck), Load Calculation and Duct
Design software ($600.00 to $2,000.00); Nitrogen Regulator and Flow
Meter ($300.00); etc.
Low price is not always best price. That goes for the equipment as
well as the contractor.

End of rant

Stretch

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

WM,

I live in Myrtle Beach, SC.

We sell mostly heat pumps here. I used to sell a lot of Goodman
equipment when I first started. However, they do not last as well as
some other brands, like Lennox and Trane and York. Typically a Lennox
will outlast a Goodman by 5-years. In addition, they are very loud. I
can hear my neighbor's Goodman OD unit when I am sitting next to my
Lennox while it is running. I consider quiet operation to be part of
comfort. I stopped selling very many Goodman units because of warranty
and out of warranty problems.

Yes, they are easy to install. If you are only going to live in your
house for a couple of years, then move; the Goodman can be a good deal
if the sound levels don't bother you. The first cost of Goodman is
lower than Lennox, but over the long run, the Lennox is cheaper.

Of course not all Lennox dealers are equal. We have one Lennox dealer
in my area who is charging double my prices and doing a hack job.

My feeling is that when you buy from a Goodman dealer, you get a
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Al Moran" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:32:20 GMT, WM
wrote:

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

I love them precisely because they are a piece of ****. They keep food
on the table and pay the bills.

I agree.

I think the other guy is just a troll trying to get people riled up. Just
ignore him....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"kam" wrote in message
ups.com...
I sent you an email Kathy . Please respond if you

had received it .

Regards ,
Kam

Did you take out the BUG?

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

wrote:

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

WM

You're right. I love Goodmans. I wish everyone single person in the
world had one. I would become rich quick. Bottomless money pits is
what Goodmans are. I replace parts after parts after parts on them.
Cha Ching.
Bubba

snip

Right. That must be why you spend so much time bad-mouthing them.

I look at it this way. If they only cost half as much as the model
you'd prefer to install, then they only need to last half as long
to be cost-effective. Bottom line, it's all economics.

In fact, the breakeven time is probably less than half, because
if you replace one with new at the halfway point, you're likely
to have improved technology for the second half.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

wrote:

[...]

That is the stupidest ****ing logic I have ever heard!

"DUH....I just RENT my heat pump!!!"

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Like Dr. Hardcrab said. WM is just troll fishing up some replys.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Red Neckerson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I stand by what I said. Capital equipment depreciates; if you
don't understand the economics, I suggest a return to high school.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Red Neckerson wrote:

"WM" wrote in message

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

You're full of **** too.

Most major brands have the exact same warranty as Goodman.

As far as them selling a lot:

They sold a lot of Yugos back in the 80s. Don't see too many of them on the
road any more do you......

That doesn't mean Yugos were necessarily a bad thing. Do you drive a
20 year old car?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"CJT" wrote in message
Red Neckerson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No need. I have a very good paying job and I married an economics degree.

You just sit there at your window and watch your Goodman with your pants
around your ankles.

*PLONK*

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"CJT" wrote in message
Red Neckerson wrote:

"WM" wrote in message

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

You're full of **** too.

Most major brands have the exact same warranty as Goodman.

As far as them selling a lot:

They sold a lot of Yugos back in the 80s. Don't see too many of them on
the road any more do you......

That doesn't mean Yugos were necessarily a bad thing. Do you drive a
20 year old car?

No. I drive a 50 year old Corvette. And they are still making them!!

Imagine that!

Ah, but they still make Goodmans too so you'll be able to get one every five
years. THen they'll be just like new, huh???

God DAMN you are a ****ing genius!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"CJT" wrote in message
Red Neckerson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

He wasn't talking to you, a-hole.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Red Neckerson wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"WM" wrote in message

[...]

Fine. Run a 50 year old furnace, too, if you like. I'd rather not.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You seem to me to be the ****** in all this.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"CJT" wrote in message
Red Neckerson wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"WM" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Even if it ran for 10 years, that would be 5 longer than a Goodman.

What a douche bag you are....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"CJT" wrote in message
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

wrote:

[...]

At least I don't do it to HVAC equipment....

I plonked you! How'd you get through?

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Red Neckerson wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"WM" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Keep up with the ad hominem. It shows how weak your substance is.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Bubba wrote:

wrote:

[...]

CJT,
Are you really that retarted? So you think installing a unit half the
cost, twice, is better? What about the installing labor cost?

Of course one must do the calculation with total cost, including
installation.

Your
economics thinking is a little warped. If you are purchasing Goodman
equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale and do your own
repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a good buy for you.
Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home. Do I sell them? You
bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap install, Im happy to
help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them getting the standard "One
year free service" by us they get the 90 day warranty. Why? Because
its going to break. They want cheap, thats what they get. You want
something better, I can do that too. The customer is always right and
I give them what they want.
Bubba

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in
message

wrote:

[...]

labor cost? Your
economics thinking is a little warped. If you are

purchasing Goodman
equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale

and do your own
repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a

good buy for you.
Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home.

Do I sell them? You
bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap

install, Im happy to
help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them

getting the standard "One
year free service" by us they get the 90 day

warranty. Why? Because
its going to break. They want cheap, thats what

they get. You want
something better, I can do that too. The customer

is always right and
I give them what they want.
Bubba

You know,... you guys keep stressing how important
the installer is.
And then you only give a 1 year warranty on your
"better" line? Is it the equipment or your
installers that you don't trust? The company I work
for gives 5 years on Goodman. They(Goodman)
warranty the parts and I guess my boss just has
better guys doing installatons than you do because
he's not losing any money. Go figure. BTW, there
are exceptions to the warranty such as filters and
condensate pumps.