Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Goodman Heat Pump

"Rusht Limpalless" wrote in message
news
As a homeowner/investor, i have three new (within past 3 years) goodman
high efficiency furnaces in my buildings, put em in because they are fully
warranteed, inexpensive and will sell to anyone with the cash to buy (IE:
Me)
Heating and a/c is easily within the grasp of any competent homeowner, if
you do your own plumbing you should be doing your own hvac installs.
Just remember the thread dope and teflon tape and you'll be fine.

It's been said a thousand times:

HVAC is not rocket science, but there is a reason that almost all
municipalities require a licenjse to do the work. It has nothing to do with
trying to rip off the public (as you inferred in another post). As I stated
befo I don't want to install something that a customer is going to be
****ed at me for later on down the road.

If you can change a unit out, more power to you. Good luck on trying to get
anything covered by a warranty if you can't provide a license......

"RP" wrote in message
et...

Kathy wrote:

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:J3kvf.25432$z45.8585@trnddc02...

Now, to be honest: I have only dealt with the 12

SEER and lower units. I

have never seen or worked on anything in their

"High Efficiency" line.....

The company I work for does mostly high-efficiency
installations. Always on A/C we use 14 seer or
higher unless the customer really needs to cheap
out. For furnaces we install 92.6% efficiency or
better, where ever we can. Some people can't have
exhause pipes out the side of the building for
different reasons and then we are forced to use
lower efficiency units that are conventionally
vented through a fluepipe. Goodman makes one of the
few 95% efficient furnaces. It just started
shipping recently.

What's keeping you from running the PVC through the roof?

hvacrmedic