Posted to alt.home.repair
WM

Default Goodman Heat Pump

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.

WM

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:48:09 -0500, "Kathy"
wrote:

"kam" wrote in message
roups.com...
My heat pump is Goodman Model CPKE30-1B . I am

looking for an online
manual .
Is it possible to know the age of the pump from

the serial number ?

Does this unit also have a furnace , if not

where do I look for it ?
Pl. help .

Regards ,
Kam

I think you have about a 5-6 year old,2-1/2 ton, 10
seer split-system heat pump but I can't say for
sure. I'd have to look it up and I am at home, not
at work. Do you have an air-handler in the house?
It should also have a model and serial #. It looks
kind of like a furnace and could be in a closet
somewhere or in the attic or basement.
The first 2 digits of the serial # will be the year
and the second 2 will be the month of manufacture
on Goodman equipment. If you call Goodman in TX
they can tell you if an extended warranty was
purchased for your unit. They are transferable to a
new owner for a minimal processing fee. You just
have to write a letter naming the old owner who the
unit was purchased by and then naming yourself as
the new owner. You may have to show proof but I
have never been asked for any on warranties I've
processed for customers. I'm the office girl. Lots
of posters to this group and especially alt.hvac
like to trash Goodman products but truely I don't
understand it. To me they really seem like the best
bang for your buck and we do sell other brands. I'm
in NJ so we are not big on heat pumps of any kind.
Feel free to e-mail me if there's anything I can
help you with. I don't look at this newsgroup
everyday.

Kathy