Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

OK, in just this thread, here are RS's complete contributions.
Please note that there is essentially NO information added, no data, no
anything of use.
Disagreements galore, with no supporting statements.
Mostly just simple retorts, one-line insults, and ad-hominem attacks.
Ignore this dude. I feel sorry for him, but let's ignore him.
(after this post, of course 8P

Nope.

You can be certain it wont be producing
CO, they dont go wrong like that.

Neither do unvented natural gas heaters either.

It doesnt work like that. You dont get people
dying like that with unvented natural gas heaters.

Nope, just you.

In fact none of those are from unvented natural gas
room heaters, which might just be why they are allowed.

Completely irrelevant to what was actually being discussed.

Not from unvented natural gas room heaters they dont.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff that doesnt explain
why unvented natural gas room heaters work fine.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff that doesnt explain
why unvented natural gas room heaters work fine.

General waffle. Pity about unvented natural gas room heaters.

But in practice that doesnt actually happen
with unvented natural gas room heaters.

But in practice that doesnt actually happen
with unvented natural gas room heaters.

Irrelevant to what is being discussed.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

In practice those that dont do that with unvented
natural gas room heaters dont actually die like flys.

In practice those that do that with unvented
natural gas room heaters dont actually die like flys.

Pity about the earlier 200 claim.

Pity about the fact that it doesnt happen
with unvented natural gas room heaters.

From over eating in spades.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff that doesnt explain
why unvented natural gas room heaters work fine.

Your pathetic neurotic hangups are your problem.

Pity those circumstances dont occur in real life.

And you're welcome to add a CO sensor if you're that neurotic anyway.

Mindless pig ignorant waffle. Have fun explaining why
its so rare with unvented natural gas room heaters.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually prove.

And it wouldnt happen with a dryer anyway, they
have fans that most natural gas appliances dont.

Nope, the never was people DYING from the CO.

You, as always.

Wrong. Most of the time its nothing like proof.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually prove.

There's really only one way to prove that 'dustbunnies'
claim, do some test with and without the 'dustbunnies'
while measuring CO levels, and they didnt actually do that.

Wrong, as always. Those are AFTER the burner, stupid.

Dont believe it.

So it doesnt affect what the burner gets, stupid.

Wrong, as always.

Wrong as always when its the OUTPUT thats restricted.

Fraid not.

Lying, again.

Doesnt happen with a dryer.

Wrong again with a dryer that aint sealed or anything like it.

Wrong again with CO.

No need to ask if you are a pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

The answer is obvious.

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
DJ desperately attempted
to bullsit its way out of its predicament and fooled
absolutely no one at all, as always.

Dont burn anything at all, ever. I'm all electric thanks, child.

And its completely trivial to add a CO sensor if you're a neurotic too.

Not a shred of rocket science required at all.

Wrong.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Which burn much more gas than a drier does too.

Nope, those burnt coal gas, different animal entirely.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Because with unvented natural gas room heaters, its obviously
not a risk or those would be banned. They arent. Because you
silly little pig ignorant fantasy doesnt happen with them.

There is no code that bans unvented natural gas room heaters.

Thanks for that complete superfluous
proof that you dont actually have a clue.

Bull**** when the codes first showed up.

And those that dont bother dont die like flys. Funny that.

Nope, nothing like.

And those that do that anyway dont die like flys.

Mainly because of the risk of fire while asleep.

Yep.

Dont need to test anything to realise that unvented
natural gas room heaters violate no code.

Irrelevant to how many use unvented natural gas room heaters
and who dont bother to test anything and survive fine.

Nope, FACT that unvented natural gas room
heaters are perfectly legal and work fine.

That is just YOUR pig ignorant guess
which happens to be just plain wrong.

Unvented natural gas room heaters violate no code.

Go and **** yourself.

Not even possible for someone as stupid as you.

How many unvented room heaters have a CO detector
that shuts off the heater when it gets too high ?

You're wrong, as always.

Useless analogy. We know that people get thrown around
in car accidents and that seatbelts help dramatically.

You just dont get people dying of CO with unvented natural gas heaters.

Yes, with dying due to the CO.

No need when unvented natural gas heaters dont produce that result.

In practice the air consumption is so small that its not worth
worrying about. Houses just arent that well sealed.

Its not necessary.

Just how many of you are there between those ears, Meehan ?

Been jumping at bogeymen long, child ?

Yep, just like I do with unvented natural gas heaters too.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Lying, as always. Pity about the unvented natural gas room heaters.

Nope.

Bull****. Have fun explaining why non vented natural gas heaters dont.

Nope.

Nope, nothing like. The computers are
controlling for something different, stupid.

If you're that neurotic, best use just electricity, stupid.

I'm not silly enough to give anyone who smokes the bums rush.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

wrote

OK, in just this thread, here are RS's complete contributions.
Please note that there is essentially NO information added,

More of your pathological lying.

The FACT that the codes allow unvented natural gas room heaters
PROVES that venting a dryer into the house is safe, ****wit.

reams of your pathological lying flushed where it belongs

[...]

From over eating in spades.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
~^Johnny^~

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:31:29 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Of course it does. If the outlet is plugged,

Doesnt happen with a dryer.

Like hell it doesn't!

Rod, even *you* can't be that stupid, can you?

Wait... I retract my question.
What in the hell was I thinking?

You are the biggest jerk to ever grace
these two newsgroups with your inflated ego,
to this very day. You should be so proud!

You are stupid. Incredibly stupid.
Exponentionally stupid. You redefine stupid.
You are flamebait to the googolplex.
Come Christmas, you could make a fortune on eBay,
selling dim bulbs and freshly tatted doilies.

Now go soak your head, and don't forget to flush!

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
"Why write I still all one, ever the same,
And keep invention in a noted weed,
That every word doth almost tell my name"
-Shakespeare
~~~~~~~~

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
~^Johnny^~ wrote just the
pathetic excuse for a troll that any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Joseph Meehan

Rod Speed wrote:

It appears I was wrong.

As always.

Say what you like about me, I really don't care, but please don't give
poor advice that might end up killing someone.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
DJ

wrote:

Of course it does. If the outlet is plugged,

Doesnt happen with a dryer.

Like hell it doesn't!

Rod, even *you* can't be that stupid, can you?

Wait... I retract my question.
What in the hell was I thinking?

You are the biggest jerk to ever grace
these two newsgroups with your inflated ego,
to this very day. You should be so proud!

You are stupid. Incredibly stupid.
Exponentionally stupid. You redefine stupid.
You are flamebait to the googolplex.
Come Christmas, you could make a fortune on eBay,
selling dim bulbs and freshly tatted doilies.

Now go soak your head, and don't forget to flush!

Out of curiousity, I plugged "rod speed" into a google/groups search.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ro...start=0&hl=en&

Apparently, the pattern displayed by RS here is a way of life for him.
I had to page through about 500 subjects before finding a post that
wasn't slamming the dufus...

Four words hold the key to ridding ourselves of a pest such as RS:

Don't Feed the Trolls

This type of outrageous behavior is all he lives for, take away his
food supply and he'll either shrivel up and die or at least go
elsewhere for his perverted sustenance.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
DJ desperately attempted
to bull**** its way out of its predicament and fooled
absolutely no one at all, as always.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It appears I was wrong.

As always.

Say what you like about me,

I will indeed.

I really don't care,

You clearly do.

but please don't give poor advice that might end up killing someone.

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed the hordes of
unvented natural gas room heaters that kill no one at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
~^Johnny^~

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:40:49 -0700, DJ wrote:

Four words hold the key to ridding ourselves of a pest such as RS:

Don't Feed the Trolls

I usually ignore his drivel, but as a retired appliance mechanic,
stupid statements like his really irk me.

First, he wrote:

-----------
Not if the lint filter has been allowed to clog, or,
a misplaced sock ended up where it shouldn't.

Wrong, as always. Those are AFTER the burner, stupid.

So what?

So it doesnt affect what the burner gets, stupid.

Restricting the goesouta is exactly
the same as restricting the goesinta

Wrong, as always.

- reduced airflow, incomplete combustion

Wrong as always when its the OUTPUT thats restricted.
-----------

Then:

-----------
So it doesnt affect what the burner gets, stupid.

Of course it does. If the outlet is plugged,

Doesnt happen with a dryer.
-----------

He richly deserved a flaming.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining
- JFK
~~~~~~~~
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
~^Johnny^~ wrote just the
pathetic excuse for a troll that any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal
Merlin-7 KI4ILB

You would not want to do that.

The humidity in your home would get to the point where surfaces would start
sweating (condinsation)

However, there is nothing wrong with adding more vent pipe (inside your
home) but still vent it outside.
I would however use hard pipe,not flex. The flex pipe is not smooth enough
on the inside and restricts airflow.
Something like a large radiator.

wrote in message
Pop wrote:

... being "international" I couldn't find anything in my quick
research that would show it to be applicable to anything but
commercial construction regs... It's the same place that said...

"a) Attic furnaces and crawlspace furnaces are not permitted. "
but, what's missing there is the fact that they ARE permitted,
just under a different section and with caveats. But, this isn't
the point here; the next one is:

"d) All dryer vents shall be metal or metal flex. Non-metallic
vents for dryers are not permitted. See Section 504.6 and
Amendment to 504.6 "
Soo, the flexible, nylon-wire-ribbed parts sold in stores with
UL and CSA ratings, even ETL probably, and EC, aren't allowable?
I respectfully submit that they ARE permitted...

And then:

"All ductwork shall be a closed system and in compliance with the
International Mechanical Code Section 603. Use of a stud space or
joist space for a supply or plenum return is not permitted.

This reminds me of the National Mechanical Code, which is said to
prohibit circulating conditioned air at more than 120 F in wooden
stud spaces. I presume the excuse was the danger of fire, and the
code committee creatures who wrote this sell fireproof materials.

A few of the few dozen wood solar attics in Soldiers Grove WI were
lined with drywall after the state declared them "plenums," until
pharmacist Don Stebbins refused to do so, saying the theoretical
graph they were using for the time it takes wood to catch fire was
in degrees C vs F, and the time scale was log vs linear. At this
point the state creatures cravenly slunk away without reimbusing
the injured parties. There have been no fires in 27 years.

"Gypsum ducts are not permitted. Delete Sections 603.5 and 603.5.1."

Good thing the code creatures didn't see that part :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal
Robert Scott

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:52:57 GMT, "Merlin-7 KI4ILB"
wrote:

The humidity in your home would get to the point where surfaces would start
sweating (condinsation)...

Only if you were using the dryer all the time. The usual intermitant
use of a home dryer would produce an amount of moisture that would be
quickly absorbed by the rest of the house, just like when someone
takes a shower without a bathroom vent.

But I would say that the main problem with indoor dryer venting is
that it is next to impossible to filter out the lint. Even the
commercial devices designed to do this are inadequate. Lint
accumulation can be anything from a nuisance to a fire hazard.

-Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jonathan Mason

Rod Speed wrote:

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed the hordes of
unvented natural gas room heaters that kill no one at all.

Unvented natural gas room heaters are designed to be unvented. Most
dryers are not designed, nor approved, to exhaust into living areas.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Jonathan Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed the hordes of
unvented natural gas room heaters that kill no one at all.

Unvented natural gas room heaters are designed to be unvented.

Pathetic, really.

Most dryers are not designed, nor approved, to exhaust into living areas.

Pathetic, really.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Joseph Meehan

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse that silly little ****wit didnt do anything like that itself,
eh ?
Codes that allow unvented room heaters tell us nothing about clothes
dryers.

Wrong. They do show that unvented natural
gas room heaters are perfectly safe.

Rod, being insulting is one thing, but using lack of logic to try and
prove that something is safe when it is not is serious. Someone might take
your foolishness as fact and could die as a result.

Please reconsider your tolling. Taking risks with other peoples' lives
is not funny.

Your kind of games are the standard for adolescents who can't adjust to
society. They don't realize that it is those actions that create their
problems, not solve them.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Codes that allow unvented room heaters tell us nothing about clothes dryers.

Wrong. They do show that unvented natural
gas room heaters are perfectly safe.

Rod, being insulting is one thing, but using lack of logic to try
and prove that something is safe when it is not is serious.

Wrong, as always.

Someone might take your foolishness as fact

That statement that unvented natural gas room
heaters are perfectly safe is fact, stupid.

and could die as a result.

Just another of your silly little pig ignorant fantasys.

Please reconsider your tolling.

Retake Bull****ting 101.

You pathetic excuse for bull**** is the
standard for terminal pig ignorant ****wits.

They don't realize that it is those actions that create their problems, not
solve them.

Your pathetic excuse for bull**** in spades.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
DJ

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:43:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Codes that allow unvented room heaters tell us nothing about clothes dryers.

Wrong. They do show that unvented natural
gas room heaters are perfectly safe.

Rod, being insulting is one thing, but using lack of logic to try
and prove that something is safe when it is not is serious.

Wrong, as always.

Someone might take your foolishness as fact

That statement that unvented natural gas room
heaters are perfectly safe is fact, stupid.

Hey Rod, I think you've got that "unvented natural gas room heater"
stuck up your ass. It seems to be applying pressure to your brain. If
somehow you can manage to remove it, maybe then you might realize the
thread is about clothes dryers, not room heaters...

Besides, it would appear you have totally used up your vocabularly,
you keep writing the same words, no matter what you are responding to.
Try going back and completing the 4th grade, you'll be a happier man
for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

DJ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Codes that allow unvented room heaters
tell us nothing about clothes dryers.

Wrong. They do show that unvented natural
gas room heaters are perfectly safe.

Rod, being insulting is one thing, but using lack of logic to try
and prove that something is safe when it is not is serious.

Wrong, as always.

Someone might take your foolishness as fact

That statement that unvented natural gas room
heaters are perfectly safe is fact, stupid.

Hey Rod, I think

Hey gutless, not a shred of evidence that you are
actually capable of thought, or anything else at all, either.

you've got that "unvented natural gas room heater" stuck up your ass.

Your pathetic little deviant fantasys are your problem, gutless.

It seems to be applying pressure to your brain.

Not a shred of evidence that you have
anything other than ear to ear dog ****.

If somehow you can manage to remove it, maybe then you might
realize the thread is about clothes dryers, not room heaters...

Pathetic, really. The FACT that unvented natural gas room
heaters are perfectly safe PROVES that its perfectly safe
to vent a clothes dryer into the house if you want to do that.

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could
leave for dead flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CBHVAC

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
DJ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

Without adding more to the flame part...

I think Rod might be mis-informed.

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the
heating trade can tell you. Even these units come with an O2 sensor that
shuts the unit off in the event of an improper burn condition that could
possibly kill you..

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make them
currently, and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.
Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.
Ok..all three can, but its gonna take alot of water vapor from that NG, or
LPG to get that much water.

A dryer, is a completely different animal.
It is NOT designed to heat the home, it is NOT designed to burn as clean as
a heater. The metering, burn location and heat exchanger, the entire design
of it, it NOT to be vented into the home, as the warnings on the units
state. More than once we have been called out on a CO detector call, to find
that the dryer was unhooked from the vent, and someone was trying to use it
for "free" heat.

A dryer burn system, is closer to a furnace than you might want to admit.
Its the same reason that even a stove, in a kitchen, if its gas, must have a
hood system that is vented outside.

While it sounds like a good idea, to some, the proof is simple. Get your
hands on a CO detector, not the POS that is sold at Lowes and Home Depot,
but a hand held, certified detector, like a FLuke..they run about $240 for a
good one, and check the level of CO at your dryer vent....you will be
surprised.

CO posioning isnt a joke, its real, and it happens over silly
stuff....trying to run a furnace with a gas valve thats adjusted wrong, a
crack in the heat exchanger....a dryer that the limit switch goes bad and
allows the valve to fire all the time its running.....

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

CBHVAC wrote:

... even a stove, in a kitchen, if its gas, must have a
hood system that is vented outside.

So it's time to tear down lots of existing houses? :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

CBHVAC wrote
Rod Speed wrote
DJ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

We'll see...

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the heating
trade can tell you.

And the reality is that **** all die with unvented natural gas room
heaters when those precautions are ignored. Essentially zero.

Even these units come with an O2 sensor that shuts the unit off in the event
of an improper burn condition that could possibly kill you..

Plenty of them dont, particularly the unvented kerosine room heaters.

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make them currently,
and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.

**** all CO in practice, just like with unvented
natural gas stoves and ovens etc too.

Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.

In theory, yes. In practice they dont, which is why the code allows unvented
natural gas room heaters and unvented natural gas stoves and ovens too.

Ok..all three can, but its gonna take alot of water vapor from that NG, or LPG
to get that much water.

And in practice sweet **** all ever die from unvented
natural gas room heaters, stoves and ovens.

A dryer, is a completely different animal.

Like hell it is.

It is NOT designed to heat the home, it is NOT designed to burn as clean as a
heater.

Irrelevant. And you can prove that by measuring the
CO level too. And you can get completely neurotic and
have a CO sensor with any of those gas appliances too.

The metering, burn location and heat exchanger, the entire design of it, it
NOT to be vented into the home, as the warnings on the units state. More than
once we have been called out on a CO detector call, to find that the dryer was
unhooked from the
vent, and someone was trying to use it for "free" heat.

And in practice **** all ever die in that situation.

A dryer burn system, is closer to a furnace than you might want to admit.

In practice there is sweet **** all in it with CO and CO2 production.

Obviously you will get more water in the discharge
air given that its is after all a dryer. That aint gunna
kill you because you dont die with even 100% RH.

Its the same reason that even a stove, in a kitchen, if its gas, must have a
hood system that is vented outside.

That is complete pig ignorant drivel.

While it sounds like a good idea, to some, the proof is simple. Get your hands
on a CO detector, not the POS that is sold at Lowes and Home Depot, but a hand
held, certified detector, like a FLuke..

Gets sillier by the minute. The cheap ones are
fine for CO levels that are a real health risk.

they run about $240 for a good one, and check the level of CO at your dryer
vent....you will be surprised.

Nope. And you wont with a unvented natural gas room heater either.

CO posioning isnt a joke, its real, and it happens over silly stuff....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

trying to run a furnace with a gas valve thats adjusted wrong, a crack in the
heat exchanger....a dryer that the limit switch
goes bad and allows the valve to fire all the time its running.....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

Bet you cant list even a single example of that ever happening.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CBHVAC

Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can understand.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
CBHVAC wrote
Rod Speed wrote
DJ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

We did...I was wrong..
You are a total ****ing ignorant twit.

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the
heating trade can tell you.

And the reality is that **** all die with unvented natural gas room
heaters when those precautions are ignored. Essentially zero.

Yea..well, with that o2 sensor on them that shut em down...duh.

Even these units come with an O2 sensor that shuts the unit off in the
event of an improper burn condition that could possibly kill you..

Plenty of them dont, particularly the unvented kerosine room heaters.

Now you wanna throw that in?
You were talking about NG heaters...and no, a KeroSun style unit wont have
an O2 sensor on it...just alot of damn warnings about needing fresh air.

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make them
currently, and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.

**** all CO in practice, just like with unvented
natural gas stoves and ovens etc too.

Sigh...uneducated about the facts you want to argue about.

Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.

In theory, yes. In practice they dont, which is why the code allows
unvented
natural gas room heaters and unvented natural gas stoves and ovens too.

Practice they dont?
Who the **** are you kidding other than yourself?

Ok..all three can, but its gonna take alot of water vapor from that NG,
or LPG to get that much water.

And in practice sweet **** all ever die from unvented
natural gas room heaters, stoves and ovens.

Obviously.....you dont know how to read, or Google.

A dryer, is a completely different animal.

Like hell it is.

Ok..its got a gas valve, an ignitor, and an exhaust..
That much, its the same...
Other than that, its no ****ing room heater.

It is NOT designed to heat the home, it is NOT designed to burn as clean
as a heater.

Irrelevant. And you can prove that by measuring the
CO level too. And you can get completely neurotic and
have a CO sensor with any of those gas appliances too.

Seems you needed one..or you dont...go stick your head in your oven, crank
er up, and get back to us in about 4 hours, or when slightly brown and a
stick poked in the center comes out clean.

The metering, burn location and heat exchanger, the entire design of it,
it NOT to be vented into the home, as the warnings on the units state.
More than once we have been called out on a CO detector call, to find
that the dryer was unhooked from the
vent, and someone was trying to use it for "free" heat.

And in practice **** all ever die in that situation.

Really?
Care to place a wager on that?

No ****..since its RELATIVE.
****ing Einstien you are.

Its complete and utter CODE you stupid ****.

While it sounds like a good idea, to some, the proof is simple. Get your
hands on a CO detector, not the POS that is sold at Lowes and Home Depot,
but a hand held, certified detector, like a FLuke..

Gets sillier by the minute. The cheap ones are
fine for CO levels that are a real health risk.

LOL...wanna bet?

Im not putting my life on the line with a Hawk meter from Lowes...
Aprilaire meters far surpass those POS units, and sound at a much lower
level.

they run about $240 for a good one, and check the level of CO at your
dryer vent....you will be surprised.

Nope. And you wont with a unvented natural gas room heater either.

Yea...you will.
Obvious with that one line, you know nothing about what you are talking
about.

CO posioning isnt a joke, its real, and it happens over silly stuff....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

trying to run a furnace with a gas valve thats adjusted wrong, a crack in
the heat exchanger....a dryer that the limit switch
goes bad and allows the valve to fire all the time its running.....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

Bet you cant list even a single example of that ever happening.

Bet it has.

How about you, since you claim that its not possible, check with the Chimney
Safety Insitute of America, (CSIA) and get their take on it?
Or...the IBC, or the EPA...get their take on it and get back to us, since
WE, being the rest of the posters to this thread that know better, and have
the facts in front of us, have nothing to prove, other than the information
is out there, it was presented to you, and you chose to flame and troll,
other than be helpful..

Hey...I own a ton of firearms, none of them have ever killed anyone, as in a
person...but does that mean that no ones ever died from a handgun, or a long
gun?
Does it mean that they wont be at some time called on to do that? Why dont
you tell me how many have died from lead exposure from the simple firing of
a handgun....can you prove that no one has?..and I dont mean by getting shot
either dumbass.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
John Emmons

Why do you even bother arguing with it?

John E.

"CBHVAC" wrote in message
Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CBHVAC

"John Emmons" wrote in message
Why do you even bother arguing with it?

Wont again..said what I had to say..my first run in with the uneducated
fella....I take it hes like this on any subject he thinks he knows something
about?

John E.

"CBHVAC" wrote in message
Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
John Emmons

I can only assume, I put it in the killfile within minutes of first reading
anything on this newsgoup. Life is too short to bother with things like
that.

I can argue with actual people any time I want, I certainly don't want to do
it in a newsgroup.

John E.

"CBHVAC" wrote in message
Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CBHVAC

"John Emmons" wrote in message
I can only assume, I put it in the killfile within minutes of first reading
anything on this newsgoup. Life is too short to bother with things like
that.

Im different in different groups.
Facts are facts and sometimes the groups move fast enough to killfile the
morons and go on with the next one...lol

I can argue with actual people any time I want, I certainly don't want to
do
it in a newsgroup.

Im the worlds worst at getting a flame going, but not in here too
much...group moves too fast to bother with it.

John E.

"CBHVAC" wrote in message
Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can
understand.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

CBHVAC wrote

Ok..I tried being nice..now lets do it so this ****tard can understand.

We'll see, again...

Rod Speed wrote
CBHVAC wrote
Rod Speed wrote
DJ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Joseph Meehan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

[...]

And you couldnt bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag
even if your pathetic excuse for a 'life' depended on it.

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the
heating trade can tell you.

And the reality is that **** all die with unvented natural gas room
heaters when those precautions are ignored. Essentially zero.

Yea..well, with that o2 sensor on them that shut em down...duh.

Pity about the unvented heaters that dont have any O2 sensor.

Keep desperately digging, you'll be out in china any day now.

Even these units come with an O2 sensor that shuts the unit off in
the event of an improper burn condition that could possibly kill you..

Plenty of them dont, particularly the unvented kerosine room heaters.

Now you wanna throw that in?

Its obviously relevant.

You were talking about NG heaters...and no, a KeroSun style unit wont
have an O2 sensor on it...just alot of damn warnings about needing fresh air.

How odd that we dont see people dying like flys when the ignore that.

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make them
currently, and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.

**** all CO in practice, just like with unvented
natural gas stoves and ovens etc too.

Sigh...uneducated about the facts you want to argue about.

Heavy breathing aint gunna save your bacon any time soon.

Nor is that pathetic excuse for bull**** either.

Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.

In theory, yes. In practice they dont, which is why the code allows unvented
natural gas room heaters and unvented natural gas stoves and ovens too.

Practice they dont?
Who the **** are you kidding other than yourself?

Have fun listing those killed by unvented natural
gas room heaters, unvented natural gas stoves
and ovens and unvented kerosene heaters.

Obviously....you couldnt bull**** your way out of a wet paper
bag even if your pathetic excuse for a 'life' depended on it.

Have fun listing those killed by unvented natural
gas room heaters, unvented natural gas stoves
and ovens and unvented kerosene heaters.

A dryer, is a completely different animal.

Like hell it is.

Ok..its got a gas valve, an ignitor, and an exhaust..
That much, its the same...

So it isnt a completely different animal
at all with the bits that are relevant.

Other than that, its no ****ing room heater.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket
scientist pathetic excuses for a bull**** artist ?

[...]

Dont need to, I know what the TOTAL number who die of CO
is and that **** all of those are due to unvented natural gas
room heaters, unvented kerosene heaters, unvented natural
gas stoves, ovens or dryers.

A dryer burn system, is closer to a furnace than you might want to admit.

In practice there is sweet **** all in it with CO and CO2 production.

Obviously you will get more water in the discharge
air given that its is after all a dryer. That aint gunna
kill you because you dont die with even 100% RH.

No ****..since its RELATIVE.

Pity its also the maximum possible, ****wit.

****ing Einstien you are.

Pathetic, really.

Not a ****ing clue. There is no venting for the CO and CO2 with a stove.

While it sounds like a good idea, to some, the proof is simple. Get
your hands on a CO detector, not the POS that is sold at Lowes and
Home Depot, but a hand held, certified detector, like a FLuke..

Gets sillier by the minute. The cheap ones are
fine for CO levels that are a real health risk.

LOL...wanna bet?

Yep. And plenty bet their lives on those. And the CODES are fine with those too.

Im not putting my life on the line with a Hawk meter from Lowes...

Your problem.

Aprilaire meters far surpass those POS units, and sound at a much lower level.

Pity what matters is the level thats a health problem.

they run about $240 for a good one, and check the level of CO at your dryer
vent....you will be surprised.

Nope. And you wont with a unvented natural gas room heater either.

Yea...you will.

Nope, been there, done that thanks.

Obvious with that one line, you know nothing about what you are talking about.

Easy to claim, bull**** artist.

CO posioning isnt a joke, its real, and it happens over silly stuff....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

trying to run a furnace with a gas valve thats adjusted wrong, a crack in
the heat exchanger....a dryer that the limit switch
goes bad and allows the valve to fire all the time its running.....

In practice no one dies when they
choose to vent their drier into the house.

Bet you cant list even a single example of that ever happening.

Bet it has.

Bet you cant list even one.

How about you, since you claim that its not possible,

Lying, again.

check with the Chimney Safety Insitute of America, (CSIA) and get their take
on it? Or...the IBC, or the EPA...get their take on it

Dont need to, I KNOW that unvented natural gas
heaters are allowed, and unvented kerosine heaters,
and unvented natural gas stove and ovens too.

and get back to us, since WE, being the rest of the posters to this thread
that know better, and have the facts in front of us,

Not a single fact presented, just CLAIMS.

have nothing to prove, other than the information is out there, it was
presented to you, and you chose to flame and troll, other than be helpful..

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh ?

Hey...I own a ton of firearms, none of them have ever killed anyone, as in a
person...but does that mean that no ones ever died from a handgun, or a long
gun?

Pathetic, really.

Does it mean that they wont be at some time called on to do that? Why dont you
tell me how many have died from lead exposure from the simple firing of a
handgun....can you prove that no one has?..
and I dont mean by getting shot either dumbass.

Pathetic, really.

No one ever died of lead exposure when
it was close to universal in gasoline either.

It was removed for other reasons, like
causing a surplus of cretins as stupid as you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

CBHVAC wrote
John Emmons wrote

Why do you even bother arguing with it?

Wont again..said what I had to say..
my first run in with the uneducated fella....

Wrong again.

I take it hes like this on any subject he thinks he knows something about?

Wrong again.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
CBHVAC

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
CBHVAC wrote

[...]

Wrong
If you are ever in my area..and thats both coasts BTW...NC and Southern
CA....let me know..

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the
heating trade can tell you.

And the reality is that **** all die with unvented natural gas room
heaters when those precautions are ignored. Essentially zero.

Yea..well, with that o2 sensor on them that shut em down...duh.

Pity about the unvented heaters that dont have any O2 sensor.

Pity you cant read...most can.

Keep desperately digging, you'll be out in china any day now.

Not even close..tell ya what bud...post your credentials in this, and Ill
post mine..and I guarantee you lost there too.

Even these units come with an O2 sensor that shuts the unit off in
the event of an improper burn condition that could possibly kill you..

Plenty of them dont, particularly the unvented kerosine room heaters.

Now you wanna throw that in?

Its obviously relevant.

Not when talking about NG it isnt.

You were talking about NG heaters...and no, a KeroSun style unit wont
have an O2 sensor on it...just alot of damn warnings about needing fresh
air.

How odd that we dont see people dying like flys when the ignore that.

I know why...do you?
It not due to lack of CO either.

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make them
currently, and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.

**** all CO in practice, just like with unvented
natural gas stoves and ovens etc too.

Sigh...uneducated about the facts you want to argue about.

Heavy breathing aint gunna save your bacon any time soon.

Oink

Nor is that pathetic excuse for bull**** either.

Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.

In theory, yes. In practice they dont, which is why the code allows
unvented natural gas room heaters and unvented natural gas stoves and
ovens too.

Practice they dont?
Who the **** are you kidding other than yourself?

Have fun listing those killed by unvented natural
gas room heaters, unvented natural gas stoves
and ovens and unvented kerosene heaters.

I can..can you? its not up to me to prove a thing here, other than what we
have already, and trust me trollboi, this IS teh last time I bother with
you, and the only reason I do it now, is that you seem to be fun to ****
with.

Ok..all three can, but its gonna take alot of water vapor from that NG,
or LPG to get that much water.

And in practice sweet **** all ever die from unvented
natural gas room heaters, stoves and ovens.

Obviously.....you dont know how to read, or Google.

Obviously....you couldnt bull**** your way out of a wet paper
bag even if your pathetic excuse for a 'life' depended on it.

Original stuff there...have your 3rd grader write it for you?

[...]

Found 4...go look some more.

A dryer burn system, is closer to a furnace than you might want to
admit.

In practice there is sweet **** all in it with CO and CO2 production.

Obviously you will get more water in the discharge
air given that its is after all a dryer. That aint gunna
kill you because you dont die with even 100% RH.

No ****..since its RELATIVE.

Pity its also the maximum possible, ****wit.

Well..aint you ****ing smart....tell me man, how is that possible given that
the best part of ya..oh..nevermind..she didnit swallow enough.

****ing Einstien you are.

Pathetic, really.

Its the same reason that even a stove, in a kitchen, if its gas, must
have a hood system that is vented outside.

That is complete pig ignorant drivel.

Its complete and utter CODE you stupid ****.

Not a ****ing clue. There is no venting for the CO and CO2 with a stove.

Umm..yea..there is....what planet you on? I can cite the page its
on...but..thats ok...youre paid for what?

While it sounds like a good idea, to some, the proof is simple. Get
your hands on a CO detector, not the POS that is sold at Lowes and
Home Depot, but a hand held, certified detector, like a FLuke..

Gets sillier by the minute. The cheap ones are
fine for CO levels that are a real health risk.

LOL...wanna bet?

Yep. And plenty bet their lives on those. And the CODES are fine with
those too.

Im not putting my life on the line with a Hawk meter from Lowes...

Your problem.

Aprilaire meters far surpass those POS units, and sound at a much lower
level.

Pity what matters is the level thats a health problem.

Pitty you didnt figure out that before it was too late.

they run about $240 for a good one, and check the level of CO at your
dryer vent....you will be surprised.

Nope. And you wont with a unvented natural gas room heater either.

Yea...you will.

Nope, been there, done that thanks.

Obvious with that one line, you know nothing about what you are talking
about.

Easy to claim, bull**** artist.

yea..differnce is, you do this trolling for the attention you ddinit get as
a child...while I do it to keep that one person that would actually take you
serious from gettting hurt.

[...]

In other words, Thanks CB for makin me look stupid..Im gonna go cry under
mommys tit now...

and get back to us, since WE, being the rest of the posters to this
thread that know better, and have the facts in front of us,

Not a single fact presented, just CLAIMS.

have nothing to prove, other than the information is out there, it was
presented to you, and you chose to flame and troll, other than be
helpful..

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh ?

Hey...I own a ton of firearms, none of them have ever killed anyone, as
in a person...but does that mean that no ones ever died from a handgun,
or a long gun?

Pathetic, really.

Translated: DAMN man...hit the nail on the head, but Im gonna go suck on
mommys other titt..or...wait....thats not a tit..but it will do....

Does it mean that they wont be at some time called on to do that? Why
dont you tell me how many have died from lead exposure from the simple
firing of a handgun....can you prove that no one has?..
and I dont mean by getting shot either dumbass.

Pathetic, really.

No one ever died of lead exposure when
it was close to universal in gasoline either.

It was removed for other reasons, like
causing a surplus of cretins as stupid as you.

Well, no..but thats ok..you believe that.

Hell, if you are the future, let the Muslems come on and take over...allow
you to be the first one to open your mouth..and get shot.

Now..on that note...enjoy talking to yourself...LOL..I know you cant resist.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Caught lying, again...

CBHVAC wrote
Rod Speed wrote
CBHVAC wrote

[...]

RIght.

If you are ever in my area..and thats both coasts BTW...
NC and Southern CA....let me know..

Pass, the smell of your arse fumes is bad enough in here.

Yes, its safe, to a point, to use a heater labeled unvented in a room,
however, there are precautions even for this, as anyone that is in the
heating trade can tell you.

And the reality is that **** all die with unvented natural gas room
heaters when those precautions are ignored. Essentially zero.

Yea..well, with that o2 sensor on them that shut em down...duh.

Pity about the unvented heaters that dont have any O2 sensor.

Pity you cant read...most can.

Pathetic, really.

Keep desperately digging, you'll be out in china any day now.

Not even close..tell ya what bud...post your credentials in this, and Ill post
mine..and I guarantee you lost there too.

Pathetic, really.

Not interested in pictures of that pathetic thing you call your dick either.

Even these units come with an O2 sensor that shuts the unit off in
the event of an improper burn condition that could possibly kill you..

Plenty of them dont, particularly the unvented kerosine room heaters.

Now you wanna throw that in?

Its obviously relevant.

Not when talking about NG it isnt.

Wrong again when talking about what the codes allow.

You were talking about NG heaters...and no, a KeroSun style unit wont have
an O2 sensor on it...just alot of damn warnings about needing fresh air.

How odd that we dont see people dying like flys when the ignore that.

I know why...do you?
It not due to lack of CO either.

Pathetic, really.

They are also designed to burn as clean as we know how to make
them currently, and they still emit as a byproduct CO, CO2 and H2O.

**** all CO in practice, just like with unvented
natural gas stoves and ovens etc too.

Sigh...uneducated about the facts you want to argue about.

Heavy breathing aint gunna save your bacon any time soon.

Oink

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead.

Nor is that pathetic excuse for bull**** either.

Two of the above CAN kill you as we all know.

In theory, yes. In practice they dont, which is why the code allows
unvented natural gas room heaters and unvented natural gas stoves and ovens
too.

Practice they dont?
Who the **** are you kidding other than yourself?

Have fun listing those killed by unvented natural
gas room heaters, unvented natural gas stoves
and ovens and unvented kerosene heaters.

I can..

Lying, again.

can you? its not up to me to prove a thing here,

Wrong, as always. If you cant find any killed that way, your
stupid pig ignorant claims about venting clothes driers into
the house have just blown up in your face and covered you
with black stuff VERY spectacularly indeed. As always.

other than what we have already,

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

and trust me

No way, I wouldnt trust you further than I could toss your lard arse...

this IS teh last time I bother with you,

Is this where I'm sposed to curl up and die or sumfin ?

and the only reason I do it now, is that you seem to be fun to **** with.

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead too.

And keep your depravitys out of these newsgroups too.

Ok..all three can, but its gonna take alot of water vapor from that NG, or
LPG to get that much water.

And in practice sweet **** all ever die from unvented
natural gas room heaters, stoves and ovens.

Obviously.....you dont know how to read, or Google.

Obviously....you couldnt bull**** your way out of a wet paper
bag even if your pathetic excuse for a 'life' depended on it.

Original stuff there...have your 3rd grader write it for you?

Yours in spades.

[...]

Easy to claim...

go look some more.

Go and **** yourself, again.

[...]

Wota stunningly original line. 'thought' that up all by yourself did you ?

I can cite the page its on...

Pity about all the stoves and ovens that dont have one.

[...]

Anyone who buys your bull**** can always get a CO
sensor if they're so stupid they cant work out what
unvented natural gas room heaters, stoves and ovens prove.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jonathan Mason

Rod Speed wrote:

Jonathan Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed the hordes of
unvented natural gas room heaters that kill no one at all.

Unvented natural gas room heaters are designed to be unvented.

Pathetic, really.

Not pathetic at all.

Most dryers are not designed, nor approved, to exhaust into living areas.

Pathetic, really.

Not pathetic at all either. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you are making
silly comments?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed

Jonathan Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jonathan Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed the hordes of
unvented natural gas room heaters that kill no one at all.

Unvented natural gas room heaters are designed to be unvented.

Pathetic, really.

Not pathetic at all.

Completely pathetic.

Most dryers are not designed, nor approved, to exhaust into living areas.

Pathetic, really.

Not pathetic at all either.

Completely pathetic.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why you are making silly comments?

Pathetic, really.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Stretch

Because he's a troll. The more you respond to him the more he likes
it. You notice the OP is no longer here? He got the information he
wantred and went away satisfied. This guy just likes stirring things
up. Quit replying & he will go away. Rod is a waste of good bandwith.
He will now flame me but he just wants attention. This is my last
post. If we ignore him he will get bored and go away.

Save your efforts for someone who wants to learn something.

Stretch

Dryer venting question? matthew siroky Home Repair 3 September 29th 05 11:32 AM
House Building Secrets markmcc Home Ownership 2 March 12th 05 05:08 PM
Am I getting Scammed.. ROYALLY? Putting an offer on a house [email protected] Home Ownership 25 March 6th 05 03:05 AM
Dryer Venting Brian O Home Repair 7 March 1st 05 04:51 PM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Ownership 21 February 20th 04 02:50 AM