matthew siroky

Default Dryer venting question?

Hello to all!
I have a question that I thought someone might be able to help me with. We
are remodeling our house and adding 600 sq. ft. Our laundry facilities are
moving from the garage to a laundry room approximately in the middle of the
house. There is no easy way to run a horizontal vent to an outside wall.
What is the best way to vent our dryer? Can I run the vent up to the attic
and then to the outside? Can I just run the vent to the attic and put a lint
trap in attic? Is a booster fan what I need? Any input would be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

FDR

"matthew siroky" wrote in message
Hello to all!
I have a question that I thought someone might be able to help me with. We
are remodeling our house and adding 600 sq. ft. Our laundry facilities are
moving from the garage to a laundry room approximately in the middle of
the
house. There is no easy way to run a horizontal vent to an outside wall.
What is the best way to vent our dryer? Can I run the vent up to the attic
and then to the outside? Can I just run the vent to the attic and put a
lint
trap in attic? Is a booster fan what I need? Any input would be welcome!

Do NOT vent into the attic. Vent outside. Find the specs for your dryer
and the maximum vent length and see if you fall under that limit, otherwise
vent to an outside wall and use a booster fan.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

Gordon Reeder

"matthew siroky" wrote in
:

Hello to all!
I have a question that I thought someone might be able to help me
with. We are remodeling our house and adding 600 sq. ft. Our laundry
facilities are moving from the garage to a laundry room approximately
in the middle of the house. There is no easy way to run a horizontal
vent to an outside wall. What is the best way to vent our dryer? Can I
run the vent up to the attic and then to the outside? Can I just run
the vent to the attic and put a lint trap in attic? Is a booster fan
what I need? Any input would be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

As long as the vent is only a single story high, then you should
not have any problems. I own a couple of duplexes where the
dryers are vented up through the roof and they work just fine.
Mind you, these are one story buildings with shallow roofs.
if you have a two story house or a steep pitched roof you
may have different results.

Do not vent dirrectly into the attic. This is A Bad Idea (tm).
Moisture = Condensation= Mold and Rot = Expensive repair.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway

Venting into the attic is a fire hazard in addition to other problems
already mentioned.
If you vent up, include a clean-out.
Daughter has a Miele dryer that vents into a bucket of water and works
very well.
TB

Venting a dryer - how to? P. Gail Chesler Home Repair 5 May 29th 05 01:46 PM
dryer vent question Paul Oman Home Repair 20 April 23rd 05 01:04 PM
Venting a dryer Ed Hayes Home Repair 15 March 28th 05 03:23 PM
Electric Dryer Heating Element Testing Question Metal Man Home Repair 5 May 15th 04 03:38 PM
Sears Kenmore Electric Dryer Will Not Dry Clothes!! BPO Home Repair 1 January 22nd 04 11:39 AM