Gordon Reeder

"matthew siroky" wrote in
:

Hello to all!
I have a question that I thought someone might be able to help me
with. We are remodeling our house and adding 600 sq. ft. Our laundry
facilities are moving from the garage to a laundry room approximately
in the middle of the house. There is no easy way to run a horizontal
vent to an outside wall. What is the best way to vent our dryer? Can I
run the vent up to the attic and then to the outside? Can I just run
the vent to the attic and put a lint trap in attic? Is a booster fan
what I need? Any input would be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

As long as the vent is only a single story high, then you should
not have any problems. I own a couple of duplexes where the
dryers are vented up through the roof and they work just fine.
Mind you, these are one story buildings with shallow roofs.
if you have a two story house or a steep pitched roof you
may have different results.

Do not vent dirrectly into the attic. This is A Bad Idea (tm).
Moisture = Condensation= Mold and Rot = Expensive repair.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway