Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there A New Thing That can Interfere With My WIFI ?

OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily rule out a hardware failure

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem is intermittent and can happen again in five minutes or five days.

As this is happening I am remembering something from the past. We bought a cordless camera and set it up and the cordless phones in the house would no longer work, unless you were within inches of the base. This leads me to believe it is some sort of interference. We are taliking three laptops here, and the problem is getting worse. And thsat is cannot find ANY networks means the wifi in the house is probably not going bad, or it would have found the other ones in the neighborhood.

I do not have a spectrum analyzer, but I do have an old YV woith a UHf band if that would help.

See now I am in a state where I don't want to call the ISP because if they semnd me a new MODEM they might say I have to but a new PC because mine is not compatible. I swear the next person who says such **** to me is getting a bullet in the brain. I will hunt them down even if they are in ****ing Pakistan.

Last time I went into that it was about a router that I paid good money for and tech support said they no longer supported 98SE so they could not even give me3 a walk through on the phone on how to manually set up my internet access. I said "Hey MF, did my ****ing money expire ?". What's more this was AOL on DSL and was $55 a month. But it wasn't their problem. the highest priced end user service in the world and they got nothing to say ? Hello ATT and goodbye AOL.

But anyway if nothing else I will just go buy a CAT5 cable, in fact two and get me old basement box back on the network. But it wouild ne nice to have wifi in the garage.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...

[...]

There is a way to get a quick and dirty SA for less than $ 20. You buy
one of the usb tv tuners off ebay and download a free program like SD
Sharp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-USB-...VB-T-RTL2832U-
R820T-Support-SDR-Tuner-Receiver-HH-/111777588698?
hash=item1a0676a5da:g:xkYAAOSwVL1V~7Ma

That tuner is for the European type TV signals and not for the ones in
the US. It will turn any computer into a receiver from about 50 MHz to
2 GHz.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
wrote:

OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily rule out a
hardware failure

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem is intermittent and can happen
again in five minutes or five days.

As this is happening I am remembering something from the past. We bought a cordless
camera and set it up and the cordless phones in the house would no longer work, unless
you were within inches of the base. This leads me to believe it is some sort of
interference. We are taliking three laptops here, and the problem is getting worse. And
thsat is cannot find ANY networks means the wifi in the house is probably not going bad,
or it would have found the other ones in the neighborhood.

I do not have a spectrum analyzer, but I do have an old YV woith a UHf band if that would help.

See if you can find a WiFi scanning-and-analysis application which
works with your variety of Windows and your particular WiFi card.
They're sometimes called "site analysis" programs.

Depending on the WiFi adapter, it may be able to read out the noise
level on each of the (overlapping) WiFi channels, as well as any
actual signals it finds.

Microwave ovens emit RF in the same ISM band that WiFi B/G use (2.4
GHz). So do many other devices, including many cordless phones.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111777588698

That tuner is for the European type TV signals and not for the ones in
the US. It will turn any computer into a receiver from about 50 MHz to
2 GHz.

Doesn't work with Wi-Fi. I've tried it. Two problems:

1. The tuna doesn't tune the required frequency range:
RTL2832U / E4000 64 to 1700MHz with a gap 1100 to 1250MHz
RTL2832U / R820T 24 to optimistically 1850MHz
There are other chip combinations, but I don't think any of them will
tune up to 2500MHz.

2. The maxiumum RX bandwidth is 3.5Mhz. The typical wi-fi signal is
25MHz wide with an option to go to 40MHz. You can try to
asynchronously sweep the larger frequency range, but the display will
be slow and ugly.

There are 2.4GHz RTL-SDR spectrum analyzers that do cover the range
using a modified DirecTV upconverter:
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/a-demonstration-of-the-rtl-sdr-receiving-wifi-and-2-4-ghz-ism-with-a-modded-sup-2400-downconverter/
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/receive-up-to-4-5-ghz-on-your-rtl-sdr-for-5-using-a-directv-downconverter/
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=directv+SUP-2400
No experience with this, but it looks promising.

You can do better with a converted wireless mouse dongle:
http://www.metageek.com/products/wi-spy/wi-spy-b.html
I have the original Wi-Spy dongle. Works ok, but is not terribly
sensitive.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/wireless/Wi-Spy/index.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Before I spend any money, I'd go to the playstore and put wifi analyzer
on an android device. Might be all you need...maybe...depends.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:31:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

OK, this has happened to three of these laptops
so I will temporsrily rule out a hardware failure.

Hardly. The three laptops have one thing in common. They're all
talking to the same router. Your unspecified model router might be a
problem.

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem
is intermittent and can happen again in five minutes or
five days.

Ok, it might some kind of interference, probably being picked up by
your wireless router. Move it away from the window and put it behind
a wall that keeps your neighbors RF junk from trashing your wi-fi. So
far, the most common and obnoxious sources of interference have been
wireless video security cameras and wireless streaming media players.
You'll see the media player on a wi-fi sniffer, but the video cameras
require a spectrum analyzer. The most common "disconnect" or "can't
connect" problem is out of date firmware on the router.

As "Mike" suggested, sniff around with an Android phone or tablet
running "Wi-Fi Analyzer":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Here's a list of possible interference sources which I helped scribble
many years ago:
http://wireless.navas.us/index.php?title=Wi-Fi#Interference
The list is old so none of the modern abominations are listed (media
players, wireless TV cameras, portable hot-spots).

But anyway if nothing else I will just go buy a CAT5 cable...

CAT5e is usually faster and certainly more reliable than wireless.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"OK, this has happened to three of these laptops
so I will temporsrily rule out a hardware failure.

Hardly. The three laptops have one thing in common. They're all
talking to the same router. Your unspecified model router might be a
problem."

''well then that running out is even more temporary. The old router had a good wireless signal, and I had a problem with he interior net, but it would lose the DSL and thus the internet. Howeveer I went hunting around what these Women hooked up and it was quite possible there was a DSL filter in line with the MODEM. This would of course result in a low signal. But not RF. This is RF, I lose the whole network.

I might just pick me up some CAT5 cables and be done with it.
Nobody but me is using the RF, so maybe just shut the **** off.

Cheapest I found CAT 5s was online for like five bucks. At this point I need two of them. They are probably three times that much locally. Maybe I got some of that Yid blood because I really do not want to pay $30 for what I can get for $10.

Not to forget I need like about 75 foot of it.

This is not that much fun. The house has hardwood floors so any drilling is at the corners. I wish I was at MY house where I could just drop a drill wherever I damnwell please. Someone kill me.

Maybe I just go back to wire.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/11/2017 09:31 PM, wrote:
OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily rule out a hardware failure

Don't, WiFi cards/adapters fail or fail intermittently on the regular.

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem is intermittent and can happen again in five minutes or five days.

As this is happening I am remembering something from the past. We bought a cordless camera and set it up and the cordless phones in the house would no longer work, unless you were within inches of the base. This leads me to believe it is some sort of interference. We are taliking three laptops here, and the problem is getting worse. And thsat is cannot find ANY networks means the wifi in the house is probably not going bad, or it would have found the other ones in the neighborhood.

I do not have a spectrum analyzer, but I do have an old YV woith a UHf band if that would help.

See if you can set up your access point and devices to use an 802.11
standard that operates on 5 GHz instead of 2.4; I don't know how it is
at your Old Kentucky Home, but in urban/suburban areas around here the
2.4 GHz band is crowded with trash.

There's a program/app available somewhere that lets you input your
home's floor plan and location/parameters of your WiFi router
and it will solve the Helmholtz equation in real time to give you an
idea of where in the home the signal will be strongest

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/12/2017 08:00 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 06/11/2017 09:31 PM, wrote:
OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily
rule out a hardware failure

Don't, WiFi cards/adapters fail or fail intermittently on the regular.

Should be "WiFi cards/routers", rather

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 21:24:39 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:

Microwave ovens emit RF in the same ISM band that WiFi B/G use (2.4
GHz). So do many other devices, including many cordless phones.

Microwave ovens knock my connection *clean* out, even if the oven is 3
times further away than the 'puter from the wireless router. The
screening they use in modern ovens is obviously not very effective.
Perhaps the OP has a new neighbour moved in with a uWave?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:58:31 -0700, jurb6006 wrote:

Not to forget I need like about 75 foot of it.

Always amazes me how they put xGhz through CAT5 over *long* runs with
negligible loss. But TX line theory was never my strong point and I
really should brush-up on it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Our neighbors just installed one of the wire-free security systems in their house, after which WiFi on that end of the house ceased to work, full stop.. For $22 from Amazon, we purchased a 'signal booster' that solved the problem quickly and easily. Our neighbors offered to pay for it, but we declined. They are very good neighbors, and we needed to do something anyway as the distance from one end of the house to the other is just under 60 feet. Add 11 feet floor-to-floor, and it adds up. Put another way, the west side of our house is closer to our neighbor than to our WiFi device.

But, it could be something as simple as that - a system nearby that is stepping on your network. And, that can be anything from a Roomba to a Nest thermostat - or one of the new wireless security systems.

Our very-vintage desktop is hard-wired and has no issues at all. The rest of the devices (cell phones, laptop and tablets) are WiFi, and fine, now, with the booster.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_SS350_.jpg

One of these.

Sometimes, one has to quit whining and get with the program.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/12/2017 7:58 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Always amazes me how they put xGhz through CAT5 over *long* runs
with negligible loss. But TX line theory was never my strong
point and I really should brush-up on it.

Cat5 doesn't work that well with 1000Base-T
Minimum requirement is Cat5e or better.
http://www.cablek.com/technical-reference/cat-5---5e--6--6a---7--standards

The "big thing" with the faster cables is the specified slightly
different "twists per inch" of the pairs to cut down on the amount
of cross talk between pairs.

More on twisted pair in general:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_pair

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 10:18:45 AM UTC-4, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

Mpffff... we just got back from a tour of Cuba (mostly Havana), and after experiencing "High Tech" there, such complaints as I see here are laughable. We got 'internet' in the morning from about 7:00 am to about 9:00 am, when the bandwidth was sucked up by 'official' uses such as government and schools. Downloading a single page took perhaps an hour, and uploading - well, forget it. Cell coverage (ATT/Verizon/T-Mobile) was excellent, however. But at $3 per minute for phone, and $0.50 per outgoing or incoming text. But, one could purchase a SIM Card for about $10 CUC to solve that. We left our devices on Airplane Mode and enjoyed the quiet.

Yes, we did ride in several 1950s Taxis. One, a Buick with a Mercedes drive-train, the other a Ford with a Mitsubishi drive-train (both diesel). And, the rum, of course.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:31:10 -0700, jurb6006 wrote:

OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily
rule out a hardware failure

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem is intermittent
and can happen again in five minutes or five days.

As this is happening I am remembering something from the past. We bought
a cordless camera and set it up and the cordless phones in the house
would no longer work, unless you were within inches of the base. This
leads me to believe it is some sort of interference. We are taliking
three laptops here, and the problem is getting worse. And thsat is
cannot find ANY networks means the wifi in the house is probably not
going bad, or it would have found the other ones in the neighborhood.

I do not have a spectrum analyzer, but I do have an old YV woith a UHf
band if that would help.

(snip)
I would try doing an RF search with NetStumbler software, or InSSIDer,
or both.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/12/2017 10:18 AM, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

lol it's funny because it's' true

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/12/2017 10:01 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 06/12/2017 10:18 AM, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

lol it's funny because it's' true

Maybe he should just spray everything with WD-40.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/12/2017 11:27 AM, Foxs Mercantile wrote:
On 6/12/2017 10:01 AM, bitrex wrote:
On 06/12/2017 10:18 AM, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

lol it's funny because it's' true

Maybe he should just spray everything with WD-40.

Better yet, Sherwin Williams:

https://pittsburghorbit.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/sherwin-williams-logo.png

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:58:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The old router had a good wireless signal, and I had a problem
with he interior net, but it would lose the DSL and thus the
internet. Howeveer I went hunting around what these Women hooked
up and it was quite possible there was a DSL filter in line
with the MODEM. This would of course result in a low signal.
But not RF. This is RF, I lose the whole network.

Are you allergic to supplying equipment makers names and model
numbers? It's really difficult to visualize your problem without that
information. Also, some routers have a reputationg for flaky
connections, such most everything Comcast calls a "gateway".

The DSL filter has nothing to do with the wi-fi connection.

I might just pick me up some CAT5 cables and be done with it.
Nobody but me is using the RF, so maybe just shut the **** off.

Whatever works for you.

Cheapest I found CAT 5s was online for like five bucks. At
this point I need two of them. They are probably three times
that much locally. Maybe I got some of that Yid blood because
I really do not want to pay $30 for what I can get for $10.

You don't know the first thing about being a Jewish negotiator. Around
here CAT5e can be found by the roll at the recyclers. The building
installers dump their surplus stock after each job. Typical is about
$0.05 to $0.10 per foot. However, I have to be careful so that I
don't end up with plenum cable, waterproof cable filled with sticky
goo, or shielded which never seems to fit the connectors. Caveat
Emptor.

Not to forget I need like about 75 foot of it.

Buy 100ft. Having extra cable is always better than too short.
Measure twice, cut once. In your case, maybe measure 5 times.

This is not that much fun. The house has hardwood floors so any
drilling is at the corners. I wish I was at MY house where I
could just drop a drill wherever I damnwell please. Someone kill me.

Temporarily remove the baseboard trim near where you want the cable to
go through the floor. Drill as close to the wall as possible. Use a
drill that is much longer than you probably own so that you can go
through a floor joist if necessary. Notch the back of the baseboard
trim and run the cable up to a "muffin" jack (box with RJ45
receptacle). Replace baseboard trim.

Maybe I just go back to wire.

There are also HomePlug adapters. Figure on about $80/pair.
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/
I use these when I'm either desperate or lazy. They work but are a
problem if the wall jacks are on two different phases.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

En el artículo , Foxs Mercantile
escribió:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

I guess he lives in one of the redneck states.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

En el artículo , Foxs Mercantile
escribió:

Maybe he should just spray everything with an AK-47

Fixed that for you (but it's a commie weapon!!)

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/12/2017 12:49 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Foxs Mercantile
escribió:

Information like this, however, is wasted on jurb6006 because he
already knows everything about everything. Until he doesn't. Then
his solution is to put a bullet in it, or blame the government.

I guess he lives in one of the redneck states.

Unfortunately "redneck states" don't have a lock on stupid.
It's everywhere.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

escribió:

Maybe he should just spray everything with an AK-47

Fixed that for you (but it's a commie weapon!!)

But...It's real popular with "real 'murkins" 'cause the
gubmint hates 'em.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 2:11:20 PM UTC-4, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Unfortunately "redneck states" don't have a lock on stupid.
It's everywhere.

True. But in the Redneck states there is only limited moderation in its application.

At the same time, the amount of firepower in our little historically Jewish plurality quite liberal Philadelphia suburban neighborhood is not insignificant. Those who are former or children of, or affected directly by Holocaust Victims tend to not want such things to repeat themselves. Brownshirts and their ilk would not do well around here.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

There is a way to get a quick and dirty SA for less than $ 20. You buy
one of the usb tv tuners off ebay and download a free program like SD
Sharp.

Yes, but these do not cover the Wi-Fi frequencies.

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:55:34 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

The screening they use in modern ovens is obviously not very effective.

It's all relative. Microwave ovens can produce a thousand watts of RF
inside the box. Wifi signals are usually in tens of milliwatts. A
very effective shield can still leak enough to cause problems.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:44:45 -0000 (UTC), Wond
wrote:

I would try doing an RF search with NetStumbler software, or InSSIDer,
or both.

Netstumbler 0.4.0 was last updated in 2004 and only runs on Win 2000
and XP.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetStumbler
Perhaps something modern would be more useful:
https://www.google.com/#q=wireless+sniffer

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/12/2017 10:48 AM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Nope. The "filter" puts the line pair straight through to the router.
What it is filtering is the voice frequencies for the phone.

Not clear from that sentence, but methinks you might have it backwards.
My DSL never went "through" the filter. Filter prevents the phone
stuff from degrading the DSL signal by isolating each phone device
at RF frequencies required by DSL.

Maybe I just go back to wire.

Or an abacus.

When you badmouth someone, you should be sure your advice
is absolutely correct and stated clearly. Otherwise, you just look...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Better yet, Sherwin Williams: "

that **** is garbage. It is barely above the quality of Glidden and its knockoffs you find at the dollar store. You want real paint get Benjamin Moore.. Even better is Pratt Lambert but they make mostly bridge paint and **** like that, they might not have your favorite color or texture.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Are you allergic to supplying equipment makers names and model
numbers?"

Actually I haqev gotten to the point of tolerating almost anything.

I forgot the make but it is a 4110n.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/11/2017 6:31 PM, wrote:
[...]

What happens if you put the computers really close to the router? You
don't say at what distances you're experiencing no connection or
dropouts. If you can maintain a good connection a foot away, it's
likely that both PC and router are OK.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Could you be a little less [deleted expletive] vague?"

You don't have to delete anything. But we got it all and were taught not to use certain words in school n ****. The adults also never talked down to us.

But now I see my mistake. It is not a 4110 it is a 4111n, and Pace is the make. Sorry, but sometimes I have trouble remembering my name.

This is the second one of these they sent us, the other one which was a different model always seemed to have good RF but it was losing the DSL carrier on the line.

Actually now I am trying to get a fax on the tomes of these outages. It almost seems like cellphone peak time but not quite.

Damifino.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:46:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"Could you be a little less [deleted expletive] vague?"

You don't have to delete anything. But we got it all and
were taught not to use certain words in school n ****.
The adults also never talked down to us.

I missed the standard American education in applied profanity. So I
found other ways to be insulting, denigrating, tactless, insulting,
etc. It is quite possible to accomplish these things without
reference to sex practices and body waste elimination practices. For
example, if I were to indicate that you might be mistaken, I would
merely suggest that your cranium is firmly embedded in your posterior
rectal outflow orifice.

But now I see my mistake. It is not a 4110 it is a 4111n,
and Pace is the make. Sorry, but sometimes I have trouble
remembering my name.

https://www.amazon.com/Modem-4111n-Broadband-Gateway-Packaging/dp/B009WEZ1BS
https://www.att.com/accessories/specialty-items/pace-dsl-gateway-model-4111n.html
Customer comments at:
https://www.amazon.com/Modem-4111n-Broadband-Gateway-Packaging/dp/B009WEZ1BS
are evenly divided between "it's great" and "it sucks". Most of the
complaints seem to revolve around the wireless section. Hmmm...

I see a few of these in the area on AT&T DSL. I don't see much of a
problem with them. I did have one with wireless disconnect problems,
but that was solved by installing a 2nd wireless router, configured as
an access point, to handle the wireless.

This is the second one of these they sent us, the other
one which was a different model always seemed to have
good RF but it was losing the DSL carrier on the line.

Ever consider using a seperate modem and wireless router? That's what
I like, but customers consider the extra boxes and wires rather messy.
For DSL, I use:
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/dsl-modems-routers/DM111PSP.aspx
For U-verse (IPDSL), I'm stuck with whatever AT&T offers.
For routers, whatever I happen to like. This week it's Asus RT-AC66U.
Better to switch (hardware) than to continue the battle with the
4111n.

Actually now I am trying to get a fax on the tomes of
these outages. It almost seems like cellphone peak
time but not quite.

Do you have U-Verse (IPDSL) service?

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 1:11:40 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I missed the standard American education in applied profanity. So I
found other ways to be insulting, denigrating, tactless, insulting,
etc. It is quite possible to accomplish these things without
reference to sex practices and body waste elimination practices. For
example, if I were to indicate that you might be mistaken, I would
merely suggest that your cranium is firmly embedded in your posterior
rectal outflow orifice.

I find that invective is most fun when clean. However, with some individuals, even the most massive clue-sticks are wasted. One of my favorite applicable expressions is one used by the "Car-Talk" guys - unencumbered by the thought process. Which goes well over the head of most to whom it applies.

Or, "You do have a point. However, if you comb your hair just right, perhaps no one will notice." "So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey."

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Do you have U-Verse (IPDSL) service? "

Nope, just simple DSL and a land line which doesn't even have long distance, we use cellphones for that.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:47:37 -0700, mike wrote:

When you badmouth someone, you should be sure your advice is absolutely
correct and stated clearly. Otherwise, you just look...

....like Phil Allison. ;-}

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

En el artículo , mike
escribió:

Not clear from that sentence, but methinks you might have it backwards.

No. The line pair is connected straight through to the router (modem).
A low-pass filter is used to present the voice frequencies to a POTS
device and prevents it interfering with the DSL signal.

http://tinyurl.com/yafocw6s

When you badmouth someone, you should be sure your advice
is absolutely correct and stated clearly. Otherwise, you just look...

You need to take your own advice. I shan't wait for your apology.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West