Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there A New Thing That can Interfere With My WIFI ?

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:46:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"Could you be a little less [deleted expletive] vague?"

You don't have to delete anything. But we got it all and
were taught not to use certain words in school n ****.
The adults also never talked down to us.

I missed the standard American education in applied profanity. So I
found other ways to be insulting, denigrating, tactless, insulting,
etc. It is quite possible to accomplish these things without
reference to sex practices and body waste elimination practices. For
example, if I were to indicate that you might be mistaken, I would
merely suggest that your cranium is firmly embedded in your posterior
rectal outflow orifice.

But now I see my mistake. It is not a 4110 it is a 4111n,
and Pace is the make. Sorry, but sometimes I have trouble
remembering my name.

https://www.amazon.com/Modem-4111n-Broadband-Gateway-Packaging/dp/B009WEZ1BS
https://www.att.com/accessories/specialty-items/pace-dsl-gateway-model-4111n.html
Customer comments at:
https://www.amazon.com/Modem-4111n-Broadband-Gateway-Packaging/dp/B009WEZ1BS
are evenly divided between "it's great" and "it sucks". Most of the
complaints seem to revolve around the wireless section. Hmmm...

I see a few of these in the area on AT&T DSL. I don't see much of a
problem with them. I did have one with wireless disconnect problems,
but that was solved by installing a 2nd wireless router, configured as
an access point, to handle the wireless.

This is the second one of these they sent us, the other
one which was a different model always seemed to have
good RF but it was losing the DSL carrier on the line.

Ever consider using a seperate modem and wireless router? That's what
I like, but customers consider the extra boxes and wires rather messy.
For DSL, I use:
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/dsl-modems-routers/DM111PSP.aspx
For U-verse (IPDSL), I'm stuck with whatever AT&T offers.
For routers, whatever I happen to like. This week it's Asus RT-AC66U.
Better to switch (hardware) than to continue the battle with the
4111n.

Actually now I am trying to get a fax on the tomes of
these outages. It almost seems like cellphone peak
time but not quite.

Do you have U-Verse (IPDSL) service?

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558