Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bennett Price[_5_] Bennett Price[_5_] is offline

Default Is there A New Thing That can Interfere With My WIFI ?

On 6/11/2017 6:31 PM, wrote:
OK, this has happened to three of these laptops so I will temporsrily rule out a hardware failure

It says "Windows cannot find any networks". The problem is intermittent and can happen again in five minutes or five days.

As this is happening I am remembering something from the past. We bought a cordless camera and set it up and the cordless phones in the house would no longer work, unless you were within inches of the base. This leads me to believe it is some sort of interference. We are taliking three laptops here, and the problem is getting worse. And thsat is cannot find ANY networks means the wifi in the house is probably not going bad, or it would have found the other ones in the neighborhood.

I do not have a spectrum analyzer, but I do have an old YV woith a UHf band if that would help.

See now I am in a state where I don't want to call the ISP because if they semnd me a new MODEM they might say I have to but a new PC because mine is not compatible. I swear the next person who says such **** to me is getting a bullet in the brain. I will hunt them down even if they are in ****ing Pakistan.

Last time I went into that it was about a router that I paid good money for and tech support said they no longer supported 98SE so they could not even give me3 a walk through on the phone on how to manually set up my internet access. I said "Hey MF, did my ****ing money expire ?". What's more this was AOL on DSL and was $55 a month. But it wasn't their problem. the highest priced end user service in the world and they got nothing to say ? Hello ATT and goodbye AOL.

But anyway if nothing else I will just go buy a CAT5 cable, in fact two and get me old basement box back on the network. But it wouild ne nice to have wifi in the garage.

What happens if you put the computers really close to the router? You
don't say at what distances you're experiencing no connection or
dropouts. If you can maintain a good connection a foot away, it's
likely that both PC and router are OK.