Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is MTS audio a victim of the latest cable company upgrading?

I have Charter cable tv. I use the direct analog input to my Sony KV-27V36.
I use the analog signal because I like to be able to use the pip function on
my tv. Over the past few weeks I have noticed that the left channel audio is
very low and distorted, guessing about -30dB as compared to the right
channel, but only while tuned into the local Fox station. To make a very
long story short, the Charter tech comes to my house to tell me that some
tv's don't pick up the stereo signal properly and I should switch my tv to
mono. Huh??? His suggested fix? Use the cable box. I told him I don't want
to use the cable box. I'm happy with less cables, wires, and boxes going
through my system. At some point the tech tells me that all the analog
channels are being broadcast mono but are converted by Charter to a dual
mono signal so both speakers operate. However he says that they (Charter)
are in the process of upgrading the Fox station and are using one of the
stereo channels (supposedly the one that is down 30dB and distorted) to use
for other purposes. Again, huh? I've requested a call back from one of the
people in the Charter office that can give me a more logical technical
explanation. I'm not holding my breath. It's been a week since the tech's
visit here and after many phone calls to Charter and talking to their
friendly support staff, nobody has called me back from their technical
department.

By the way, I did call the local Fox station to see if they were having
transmission problems and I was able to talk to their chief engineer within
5 MINUTES. He told me their signal was fine and that it was Charter's
responsibility to take their 5.1 signal, decode it properly, then pass it on
to their subscribers.

So, I thought I'd ask the only place left on earth where you can get a
straight answer. That of course is s.e.r. Fellow techs, what the heck is
going on here?

Thanks for your reply.
--

David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 11, 10:10*am, "David Farber" wrote:
[...]

Cable companies have some very good engineers and some of the dumbest
bumpkins you'll ever find. On Cox on the Palos Verdes peninsula CNN
headline news analog had NO audio for a month. Since I have no use for
CNN I didn't complain. On their website they tell you that ABC and FOX
are clear QAM on channel 82 and it was indeed that way for a long time
until a couple of weeks ago. I called the cable company and of course
they want to come to the house to confirm THEIR error. I asked for and
got a supervisor who assured me he'd find out and call me back the
next day. He did call back and told me it was moved to channel 132.
Now that KCET has partially broken away from PBS they are no longer
carried on Cox as an analog channel but they are there in clear QAM
digital but you need to get the cable box or have a digital TV.

If you can get to the cable chief you will likely get some results -
providing they care about that channel. They are phasing out analog TV
as it uses too much real estate for the mediocre pictures it provides.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"David Farber" wrote in message
[...]

Same problem in New Orleans with the Travel Channel. Local commercials boom
through, Travel Channel programming has to have volume turned way up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Universal Cable rule # 1- They don't care about audio, or visual quality,
and will always be geared to please the lowest common denominator.

Universal Cable rule # 2- Even if they DO have a high quality signal
available to them, they will compress/mangle it (1080i to 720i, 5.1 to
distorted L-R mono) to save bandwidth.

Universal Cable rule #3- Cable companies don't care if you have a $10,000
home entertainment center. Can you see a picture? Good!, and can you hear
it?
Good!, will always be good enough for them.

Universal Cable rule #4- Charge maximum amount of money for the poorest
choice of channels, with the worst possible signal quality. Increase rates
at will.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Universal Cable rule # 1 They don't care about audio, or visual quality,
and will always be geared to please the lowest common denominator.

Universal Cable rule # 2 Even if they DO have a high quality signal
available to them, they will compress/mangle it (1080i to 720i, 5.1 to
distorted L-R mono) to save bandwidth.

Universal Cable rule #3 Cable companies don't care if you have a
$10,000 home entertainment center. Can you see a picture? Good!,
and can you hear it? Good!, will always be good enough for them.

Universal Cable rule #4 Charge maximum amount of money for the
poorest choice of channels, with the worst possible signal quality.
Increase rates at will.

I have no idea what "universe" these "universal" rules are part of, but #1
through #3 don't apply to my local Comcast. 1080i images are presented as
1080i, and when I had more-than-basic service (I've had to cut back due to
unemployment), movies and cable-network programs were at least the quality
of BD.

NBC (both network and KING) are always 1080i, and the image quality is a
consistent knock-out.

I'm watching on Pioneer's last 60" KURO.

I've never connected the audio to my main system, so I can't comment on the
sound. I normally listen through a pair of KLH Audio 900B speakers connected
directly to the set, which I bought at Best Buy a few years back for $15 --
for both.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Farber wrote:
[...]

I was finally put in contact with Charter's corporate office. Soon after,
another Charter representative from my local office called me and he wanted
to send out their chief tech to inspect the audio problem. Keep in mind that
this would have been the third time a tech would have I told them to save
their time and just figure out what was wrong with the audio coming out of
their offices. He finally relented and alerted the engineers to what I was
saying. And what do you know, the problem got fixed. It only took eight days
after I first reported the problem to have even someone consider the fact
that the problem might be a Charter malfunction. So much time wasted.

--

David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is MTS audio a victim of the latest cable company upgrading? -electricity issues as well

[...]

***
I had a similar experience except this time with the power
company. I check my voltage regularly and several months ago, it
started varying widely over a day. It could go as high as 134
volts at times and then drop back to 122 or so. I called the
power company and they said they would check it out. They came
over and measured 124 volts, said it was in tolerance, and left.
I let it go for a few days and called again when the voltage was
132 volts. I mentioned that the voltage can change hour to hour
by 10 volts and that I knew that I did not have a high impedance
neutral since it was within a volt on each side. They came out
again and by then the voltage was back to 124. They tested the
neutral and it was fine and again 124 was in tolerance. Over the
next several days I created plots of the voltage over time. One
day the voltage seemed to waver between 128 and 132 volts for
several hours. I called again and said I have plots of the
voltage, but they insisted that THEY have to measure the voltage.
I checked the voltage while still on the phone and I said come
out now since I was reading 130. An hour later, they came and
measured 128 and said I had a problem. It was traced to a faulty
capacitor bank on the distribution feeder An actual engineer
called later to explain the situation and asked me to immediately
report future problems. For the last week the voltage has been
stable between 118 and 121. The company could have saved several
truck rolls if they just believed me or at least put a recording
voltmeter on the line. I think there is a built in assumption
that the entire public is technically illiterate and they treat
everyone accordingly.

David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David wrote:

[...]

Most of their employees are under trained. They are like the
marketing droids and are taught just enough to barely do their jobs. At
the first report they should have set up one of their loggers to track
the voltage for a couple days to a week. We had all kinds of power
problems at my last job. They wouldn't listen to me, and called the
industrial electrical company that designed and installed the wiring
when they had the plant built. Two goobers arrived a few days later.
They walked around, removing covers from breaker boxes and scratching
their asses. A couple hours later they put all the covers back and
admitted that they had no clue. Next, they called Florida power who set
up a three phase logger. Two days later they informed the owners that
all the neutrals were undersized, and that harmonics were causing the
problems. This was a well known problem when the plant was built, but
the 'Good Ole boys' who owned the company ignored it and followed the
long obsolete method of using neutrals that were 2 gauges smaller that
the lines, instead of the current two gauges larger to handle the
harmonics. Then they had the * 'Monkey Itch' boys back to pull new
neutrals all over the 120,000 square foot office and manufacturing
complex. They never did admit that they could have saved a couple weeks
of problems, or money to repair failed test equipment if they had
listened to me.

* http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Deke wrote:

Universal Cable rule # 1- They don't care about audio, or visual
quality,
and will always be geared to please the lowest common denominator.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule # 2- Even if they DO have a high quality signal
available to them, they will compress/mangle it (1080i to 720i, 5.1 to
distorted L-R mono) to save bandwidth.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule #3- Cable companies don't care if you have a $10,000
home entertainment center. Can you see a picture? Good!, and can you
hear
it? Good!, will always be good enough for them.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule #4- Charge maximum amount of money for the poorest
choice of channels, with the worst possible signal quality. Increase
rates
at will.

Rate increases must be approved by the franchising authority. They
can not increase rates 'At will'.

This solved all my problems, AND gave me a far superior DVR...
www.dishnetwork.com

Tell me how well it works in heavy rain or fog. I have had outages
of over three full days becasue of bad weather, but the local cable
system worked after several hurricanes even though there was no
electricity in the area for over a month.

Who needs a DVR? There is life outside of watching TV. I spent over
a year with no TV or internet last decade, and all I missed was the
wether maps on the local TV news.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

Since my system was installed correctly, it works fine in heavy fog or rain.
I do lose signal when a squall line comes thru, but only for a couple
minutes.
After a 13 day power outage due to an ice storm, the system came right back
up
when power was restored.

Who needs a DVR? There is life outside of watching TV. I spent over
a year with no TV or internet last decade, and all I missed was the
wether maps on the local TV news.

So? Your choice to live off the grid was your choice.
I choose to watch the TV shows I enjoy, minus the commercials, in HD.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

Big deal. It isn't a problem in your area, but it is in others.

After a 13 day power outage due to an ice storm, the system came right back
up when power was restored.

Installed properly? Sigh. I installed the dish and wiring. The
drone from dish turned on the account. I installed, upgraded and aimed
5 meter dishes at CATV headends and TV stations. I worked for Microdyne
who built the commercial grade equipment. A 'Dish' or Direct TV'
antenna is designed to be installed by anyone with a pair of pliers.

Who needs a DVR? There is life outside of watching TV. I spent over
a year with no TV or internet last decade, and all I missed was the
wether maps on the local TV news.

So? Your choice to live off the grid was your choice.

What are you smoking? I am not living 'Off grid'

I choose to watch the TV shows I enjoy, minus the commercials, in HD.

Learn to ignore them. I did, when i started working as a TV
broadcast engineer in 1973. There is no programming worth it to me to
record to a DVR. If there was, I would build one out of a spare
computer. It doesn't take much of a computer these days:

From http://www.mythbuntu.org/

Minimum System Requirements:

1.0 GHz x86 or x86_64 Processor
192 MB of system memory (RAM)
2 GB of disk space (Frontend Role)
20 GB of disk space (Backend Role)
Graphics card capable of 1024x768 resolution
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)
Recommended System Requirements:

2.0 Ghz x86 or x86_64 Processor
2GB MB of system memory (RAM)
10 GB disk space (Frontend Role)
160 GB+ disk space (Backend Role)
nVidia 8xxx+ 256MB+ Graphics Card
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)

I have all of this laying around as spare parts.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

Not my problem. I used to work in Cable TV in Cincinnati, Ohio at
the top rated system in the region. I maintained the headend for that
system, and 35 other systems across the country.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

But they CAN, and do increase rates for equipment fees, rental fees, service
fees, and anything else that doesn't involve programming.

Sigh. You need to learn what a 'CATV Franchise' means. I was in
that business. The only time a equipment fee wasn't regulated was when
a new piece of hardware was introduced. Any badly damaged or missing
equipment could be billed at full replacement costs, plus all other
incurred expenses. My dad had Dish a couple years ago. The day his
first year contract was up he received a letter from Dish telling him
they were going to sue him if they didn't get their equipment back
within 10 days. No mention of renewing the contract, just threats. I
boxed it up and dropped it off at the Post Office for him, while he was
calling Direct TV for service. He's been with them for more than five
years now.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

So? Big deal indeed. Mine works fine, thanks.

After a 13 day power outage due to an ice storm, the system came right
back
up when power was restored.

Installed properly? Sigh. I installed the dish and wiring. The
drone from dish turned on the account. I installed, upgraded and aimed
5 meter dishes at CATV headends and TV stations. I worked for Microdyne
who built the commercial grade equipment. A 'Dish' or Direct TV'
antenna is designed to be installed by anyone with a pair of pliers.

And this is relevant in what way to my complete satisfaction with Dish, and
the fact that local Mediacom service stinks?
BTW, have you installed a three lnb satellite dish lately?
And if a pair of pliers is all you used to install the dish, no wonder there
were problems.

Who needs a DVR? There is life outside of watching TV. I spent over
a year with no TV or internet last decade, and all I missed was the
wether maps on the local TV news.

So? Your choice to live off the grid was your choice.

What are you smoking? I am not living 'Off grid'

So you DID have electricity? Fascinating.

I choose to watch the TV shows I enjoy, minus the commercials, in HD.

Learn to ignore them. I did, when i started working as a TV
broadcast engineer in 1973. There is no programming worth it to me to
record to a DVR. If there was, I would build one out of a spare
computer. It doesn't take much of a computer these days:

Once again, fascinating. I choose to not spend the time "ignoring" them.
Saves 20 minutes out of every hour. But of course, being a broadcast
engineer from the 70's, you should already know that.

From http://www.mythbuntu.org/

Minimum System Requirements:

1.0 GHz x86 or x86_64 Processor
192 MB of system memory (RAM)
2 GB of disk space (Frontend Role)
20 GB of disk space (Backend Role)
Graphics card capable of 1024x768 resolution
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)
Recommended System Requirements:

2.0 Ghz x86 or x86_64 Processor
2GB MB of system memory (RAM)
10 GB disk space (Frontend Role)
160 GB+ disk space (Backend Role)
nVidia 8xxx+ 256MB+ Graphics Card
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)

I have all of this laying around as spare parts.

Reminds me of a TV show called "Hoarders". You should check it out.
I have it recorded on my DVR.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

Not my problem. I used to work in Cable TV in Cincinnati, Ohio at
the top rated system in the region. I maintained the headend for that
system, and 35 other systems across the country.

So? I used to work for the military.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

And this is relevant to me in what way? Are you saying that your Dad's
cable service is inadequate, so he went with satellite TV?
THAT I can relate to.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

Only that you have your head where the sun doesn't shine. Dish is
far from perfect, and you have a hard-on for cable TV.

BTW, have you installed a three lnb satellite dish lately?

Have you ever converted a five meter dish from Cassegrain to prime
focus and installed four LNAs. The original feed horn had to be removed
and lowered down the side of a hill by rope. It weighed over 125
pounds. Then cut three slots in the dish while hanging from a sling?
That conversion took five full eight hour days with three workers. Your
three LNB feed is child's play.

And if a pair of pliers is all you used to install the dish, no wonder there
were problems.

Sigh. I have all the tools needed, and a small machine shop behind
the guest cottage on my property. I said that it could be installed
with a pair of pliers and a lot of installs I've seen looked like that
was what they used. Do you have a Sat meter to read the signal level at
the dish? I have two, and a Sadelco TV FSM. Do you know how they
work? How about an inclinometer?

http://www.satellitetvshop.co.uk/

From http://www.mythbuntu.org/

Minimum System Requirements:

1.0 GHz x86 or x86_64 Processor
192 MB of system memory (RAM)
2 GB of disk space (Frontend Role)
20 GB of disk space (Backend Role)
Graphics card capable of 1024x768 resolution
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)
Recommended System Requirements:

2.0 Ghz x86 or x86_64 Processor
2GB MB of system memory (RAM)
10 GB disk space (Frontend Role)
160 GB+ disk space (Backend Role)
nVidia 8xxx+ 256MB+ Graphics Card
Supported TV Tuner Card (Backend Role)

I have all of this laying around as spare parts.

Reminds me of a TV show called "Hoarders". You should check it out.
I have it recorded on my DVR.

Hoarder? You're the one collecting useless TV shows. Those parts
take up a little over a cubic foot of space. My workshop is 1200 square
feet with a nine foot ceiling so that is less than 1/10 of a percent of
the space.

The spare parts are used to repair computers for the other Disabled
Veterans in my area. I also help low income and other disabled people
get a computer or to keep their working. I don't charge them for labor,
and tell them where to buy any parts they need. I would rather build or
repair something than park my ass in front of a TV and stuff my face
like so many drooling idiots. I prefer to read, than watch TV.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

Not my problem. I used to work in Cable TV in Cincinnati, Ohio at
the top rated system in the region. I maintained the headend for that
system, and 35 other systems across the country.

So? I used to work for the military.

So? I was a US Army broadcast engineer for AFRTS. I tested out of
the three year school while in Basic training at Ft Knox.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

He wanted a channel he couldn't get on cable. That's reality, and
I'm sure you can't relate to that.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

And yet you say you had a three day outage. Interesting.

And if a pair of pliers is all you used to install the dish, no wonder
there
were problems.

Sigh. I have all the tools needed, and a small machine shop behind
the guest cottage on my property. I said that it could be installed
with a pair of pliers and a lot of installs I've seen looked like that
was what they used. Do you have a Sat meter to read the signal level at
the dish? I have two, and a Sadelco TV FSM. Do you know how they
work? How about an inclinometer?

http://www.satellitetvshop.co.uk/

All my satellite equipment is already installed and working quite well.
I do have a Sat meter, but haven't used it in some time. No need.

From http://www.mythbuntu.org/

[...]

Who said anything about "collecting TV shows"? I just don't watch muich
live. Its recorded, then viewed, skipping the commercials, then deleted.

The spare parts are used to repair computers for the other Disabled
Veterans in my area. I also help low income and other disabled people
get a computer or to keep their working. I don't charge them for labor,
and tell them where to buy any parts they need. I would rather build or
repair something than park my ass in front of a TV and stuff my face
like so many drooling idiots. I prefer to read, than watch TV.

Good for you. Since you have already mentioned your guest house, your large
collection of tools, your 1200 sq ft work shop, your help for veterans and
the disabled, I'm guessing I'm supposed to be awed and impressed.
I applaud your altruism, but I downsized years ago (1997 actually) when I
retired. Now I only volunteer for the Red Cross.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

Not my problem. I used to work in Cable TV in Cincinnati, Ohio at
the top rated system in the region. I maintained the headend for that
system, and 35 other systems across the country.

So? I used to work for the military.

So? I was a US Army broadcast engineer for AFRTS. I tested out of
the three year school while in Basic training at Ft Knox.

Bully for you, but how is that relevant to the fact that local Mediacom
service sucks?
Interesting that Mediacom is now offering their phone and internet service
bundle WITHOUT the cable service, to satellite customers.
Any port in a storm, eh?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

Oh but I can. I have more than a few channels on satellite, in HD, that
local Mediacom doesn't even offer in SD. The Discovery channels, for
example.
History International is another.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed. Its also not very observant.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

And this is relevant in what way to my complete satisfaction with Dish,
and the fact that local Mediacom service stinks?

Only that you have your head where the sun doesn't shine. Dish is
far from perfect, and you have a hard-on for cable TV.

BTW, have you installed a three lnb satellite dish lately?

Have you ever converted a five meter dish from Cassegrain to prime
focus and installed four LNAs. The original feed horn had to be removed
and lowered down the side of a hill by rope. It weighed over 125
pounds. Then cut three slots in the dish while hanging from a sling?
That conversion took five full eight hour days with three workers. Your
three LNB feed is child's play.

And yet you say you had a three day outage. Interesting.

Not interesting, unless you consider low visiblity from very heavy
fog interesting.

Who said anything about "collecting TV shows"? I just don't watch muich
live. Its recorded, then viewed, skipping the commercials, then deleted.

Show that I am a horder then.

The spare parts are used to repair computers for the other Disabled
Veterans in my area. I also help low income and other disabled people
get a computer or to keep their working. I don't charge them for labor,
and tell them where to buy any parts they need. I would rather build or
repair something than park my ass in front of a TV and stuff my face
like so many drooling idiots. I prefer to read, than watch TV.

Good for you. Since you have already mentioned your guest house, your large
collection of tools, your 1200 sq ft work shop, your help for veterans and
the disabled, I'm guessing I'm supposed to be awed and impressed.

I don't care if you even noticed. I have what I need to do what I
want to and am still physically able to. I bought the place becasue of
the large shop building when I was still working full time, with the
intent to restore old radios and test equipment when I retired. My
retired dad lived here for a few years, as well and I needed some of
that space for his woodworking tools.

I applaud your altruism, but I downsized years ago (1997 actually) when I
retired. Now I only volunteer for the Red Cross.

Good for you. The Red Cross was supposed to be helping people around
here after a couple hurricanes, but they rarely lived up to their
promises. Like FEMA, they would announce that they would serve hot meals
or do something else at a set time. If you went, their trucks either
weren't there or were locked up and no one was around.

The VA declared that I could no longer work. I still have my
hobbies, and i really don;t care if anyone is impressed. I don't do it
for that reason. I have always gone out of my way to help others, it's
how I was raised.

So? I used to work for the military.

So? I was a US Army broadcast engineer for AFRTS. I tested out of
the three year school while in Basic training at Ft Knox.

Bully for you, but how is that relevant to the fact that local Mediacom
service sucks?

How is your fixation on Mediacom relevant to anything?

Interesting that Mediacom is now offering their phone and internet service
bundle WITHOUT the cable service, to satellite customers.

And? Phone companies have offered internet & TV for years. You can
get 'naked DSL' from the phone company as well.

Any port in a storm, eh?

What storm?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

He wanted a channel he couldn't get on cable. That's reality, and
I'm sure you can't relate to that.

Oh but I can. I have more than a few channels on satellite, in HD, that
local Mediacom doesn't even offer in SD. The Discovery channels, for
example.
History International is another.

Big deal. They run some of the most boring crap I've ever seen.
You've become very repetitive and boring, as well.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

He wanted a channel he couldn't get on cable. That's reality, and
I'm sure you can't relate to that.

Oh but I can. I have more than a few channels on satellite, in HD, that
local Mediacom doesn't even offer in SD. The Discovery channels, for
example.
History International is another.

Big deal. They run some of the most boring crap I've ever seen.
You've become very repetitive and boring, as well.

If you think the Discovery channels are boring, well, so sorry.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

[...]

Interesting because I've never lost signal in thick fog...for three days.

Who said anything about "collecting TV shows"? I just don't watch muich
live. Its recorded, then viewed, skipping the commercials, then deleted.

Show that I am a horder then.

No need, you already have. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, my dad was a
"collector" also.

[...]

Then why mention your guest house, your tools, and your 1200 sq ft shop?

So? I used to work for the military.

So? I was a US Army broadcast engineer for AFRTS. I tested out of
the three year school while in Basic training at Ft Knox.

Bully for you, but how is that relevant to the fact that local Mediacom
service sucks?

How is your fixation on Mediacom relevant to anything?

I'm not fixated on Mediacom nearly as much as you are fixated on defending
it.

Interesting that Mediacom is now offering their phone and internet
service
bundle WITHOUT the cable service, to satellite customers.

And? Phone companies have offered internet & TV for years. You can
get 'naked DSL' from the phone company as well.

And more and more people are dropping Mediacom, in my area. They are also
going back to the Bell companies for phone service. Costs more, but it
works when the power goes out.

Any port in a storm, eh?

What storm?

The one that gives you signal disrupting heavy fog for three straight days?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Indeed. Nor can it spell....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What storm?

The one that gives you signal disrupting heavy fog for three straight days?

You've never lived in Florida, or you would know that you don't need
a storm to have heavy fog.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

If you think the Discovery channels are boring, well, so sorry.

I'm sorry that you don't. Goodbye. I have work to do.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

If you think the Discovery channels are boring, well, so sorry.

I'm sorry that you don't. Goodbye. I have work to do.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

I thought you couldn't work..oh well. And by the way, there's no T in
band-aid.
Enjoy your cable service.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What storm?

The one that gives you signal disrupting heavy fog for three straight
days?

You've never lived in Florida, or you would know that you don't need
a storm to have heavy fog.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

OK. But three days of fog heavy enough to disrupt satellite service?
Can't find anything on Google to support that. Must have been a bad
installation.
BTW, there's no T in band-aid.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

If you think the Discovery channels are boring, well, so sorry.

I'm sorry that you don't. Goodbye. I have work to do.

I thought you couldn't work..oh well.

I repair computers and give them away to other Disabled Veterans. I
do repairs around my home, and do all the other work needed to continue
to live by myself, rather than go to some extended care facility.

And by the way, there's no T in band-aid.

That's not a T, it's the trademark image.

Enjoy your cable service.

Enjoy your small minded bigotry. And that great internet service you
don't get with Dish.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What storm?

The one that gives you signal disrupting heavy fog for three straight
days?

You've never lived in Florida, or you would know that you don't need
a storm to have heavy fog.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

OK. But three days of fog heavy enough to disrupt satellite service?
Can't find anything on Google to support that. Must have been a bad
installation.

Prove it, and why would that instance be on Google? Can you find
anything about the heavy smoke & fog that blanketed this area for months
after one hurricane?

BTW, there's no T in band-aid.

BTW, get a real news client instead of that crappy Microsoft Windows
Mail 6.0.6002.18197, so you can see things other than the most basic
ASCII characters. That piece of crap is only good for old ladies to
exchange pickle recipies.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What storm?

The one that gives you signal disrupting heavy fog for three straight
days?

You've never lived in Florida, or you would know that you don't need
a storm to have heavy fog.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-AidT on it, because
it's
Teflon coated.

OK. But three days of fog heavy enough to disrupt satellite service?
Can't find anything on Google to support that. Must have been a bad
installation.

Prove it, and why would that instance be on Google? Can you find
anything about the heavy smoke & fog that blanketed this area for months
after one hurricane?

Me, prove it? I believe you were the one who said you had fog so thick it
blocked satellite service for three days. Prove it, use what ever search
engine you want, or are capable of using.

BTW, there's no T in band-aid.

BTW, get a real news client instead of that crappy Microsoft Windows
Mail 6.0.6002.18197, so you can see things other than the most basic
ASCII characters. That piece of crap is only good for old ladies to
exchange pickle recipies.
--

And yet it works well enough to respond to your posts. Imagine that.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Me, prove it? I believe you were the one who said you had fog so thick it
blocked satellite service for three days. Prove it, use what ever search
engine you want, or are capable of using.

Yawn. Go hump someone else's leg.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Deke wrote:

Me, prove it? I believe you were the one who said you had fog so thick
it
blocked satellite service for three days. Prove it, use what ever search
engine you want, or are capable of using.

Yawn. Go hump someone else's leg.

Yes, please do.

Cable Company Vans and Orange Cones DerbyDad03 Home Repair 29 February 5th 11 04:26 AM
OT - audio cable bud-- Home Repair 24 June 7th 09 07:05 PM
Cooker cable upgrading? EricP UK diy 3 February 2nd 08 08:06 PM
New Cable Drop from Cable Company [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 30th 08 12:43 PM