Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is MTS audio a victim of the latest cable company upgrading?

Deke wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Deke wrote:

And this is relevant in what way to my complete satisfaction with Dish,
and the fact that local Mediacom service stinks?

Only that you have your head where the sun doesn't shine. Dish is
far from perfect, and you have a hard-on for cable TV.

BTW, have you installed a three lnb satellite dish lately?

Have you ever converted a five meter dish from Cassegrain to prime
focus and installed four LNAs. The original feed horn had to be removed
and lowered down the side of a hill by rope. It weighed over 125
pounds. Then cut three slots in the dish while hanging from a sling?
That conversion took five full eight hour days with three workers. Your
three LNB feed is child's play.

And yet you say you had a three day outage. Interesting.

Not interesting, unless you consider low visiblity from very heavy
fog interesting.

Who said anything about "collecting TV shows"? I just don't watch muich
live. Its recorded, then viewed, skipping the commercials, then deleted.

Show that I am a horder then.

The spare parts are used to repair computers for the other Disabled
Veterans in my area. I also help low income and other disabled people
get a computer or to keep their working. I don't charge them for labor,
and tell them where to buy any parts they need. I would rather build or
repair something than park my ass in front of a TV and stuff my face
like so many drooling idiots. I prefer to read, than watch TV.

Good for you. Since you have already mentioned your guest house, your large
collection of tools, your 1200 sq ft work shop, your help for veterans and
the disabled, I'm guessing I'm supposed to be awed and impressed.

I don't care if you even noticed. I have what I need to do what I
want to and am still physically able to. I bought the place becasue of
the large shop building when I was still working full time, with the
intent to restore old radios and test equipment when I retired. My
retired dad lived here for a few years, as well and I needed some of
that space for his woodworking tools.

I applaud your altruism, but I downsized years ago (1997 actually) when I
retired. Now I only volunteer for the Red Cross.

Good for you. The Red Cross was supposed to be helping people around
here after a couple hurricanes, but they rarely lived up to their
promises. Like FEMA, they would announce that they would serve hot meals
or do something else at a set time. If you went, their trucks either
weren't there or were locked up and no one was around.

The VA declared that I could no longer work. I still have my
hobbies, and i really don;t care if anyone is impressed. I don't do it
for that reason. I have always gone out of my way to help others, it's
how I was raised.

So? I used to work for the military.

So? I was a US Army broadcast engineer for AFRTS. I tested out of
the three year school while in Basic training at Ft Knox.

Bully for you, but how is that relevant to the fact that local Mediacom
service sucks?

How is your fixation on Mediacom relevant to anything?

Interesting that Mediacom is now offering their phone and internet service
bundle WITHOUT the cable service, to satellite customers.

And? Phone companies have offered internet & TV for years. You can
get 'naked DSL' from the phone company as well.

Any port in a storm, eh?

What storm?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.