Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - audio cable

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cablehttp://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

Obviously some people have more money than brains. It's particularly
laughable that the short cable is for a digital interface, where the
only objective is to determine if the signal at any given instant is
high or low, ie it matters not a wit if it's 2.2V or 2.5V. Also, many
of the digital transfer stds have error correction built in.

When I was recently buying a 52" LCD TV at Circuit City, the salesman
asked me if I needed an HDMI cable. I told him I already had them.
He then lead me over to the Monster cable rack and explained to me
that this Sony TV has a 120Hz refresh rate, so unless I had an HDMI
cable capable of that, it wouldn't work. Of course HDMI is spec'd
and actually runs at several hundred Mhz and the cable has nothing to
do with the refresh rate of the screen. I declined to purchase that
superb Monster cable that cost $135.

While I was there, I saw another salesman sell the Monster cables to
an older guy who just bought a 27" LCD TV. The cables were probably
1/3 the price of the TV.

Of course, I was lying when I said I had the cable. I actually
picked it up on Ebay for $15
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
spewed forth:
I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio
[...]

try mycablemart.com
great prices at 6.99 and up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 2:58*pm, "ChairMan" wrote:
,
spewed forth:

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

[...]

great prices at 6.99 and up- Hide quoted text -

or monoprice.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I was recently buying a 52" LCD TV at Circuit City, the salesman
asked me if I needed an HDMI cable. I told him I already had them.
He then lead me over to the Monster cable rack and explained to me
that this Sony TV has a 120Hz refresh rate, so unless I had an HDMI
cable capable of that, it wouldn't work. Of course HDMI is spec'd
and actually runs at several hundred Mhz and the cable has nothing to
do with the refresh rate of the screen. I declined to purchase that
superb Monster cable that cost $135.

While I was there, I saw another salesman sell the Monster cables to
an older guy who just bought a 27" LCD TV. The cables were probably
1/3 the price of the TV.

Of course, I was lying when I said I had the cable. I actually
picked it up on Ebay for $15

Monster Cable is your prototypical evil corporation. They have a sideline
business in which they sue people who use the name "Monster" (as in "Monster
Child Care") or who make any kind of cable.

I strongly encourage all to read a push-back letter sent to Monster Cable by
one who was not intimidated by their bullying tactics.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/...onse041408.pdf

Usually, when I get a "Cease & Desist" letter from a lawyer, filled with
portents of impending doom should I not comply, I respond with a simple:

"I got your letter. I suppose a blow-job is out of the question?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 1:29 pm, bud-- wrote:
I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design
One is for an audio
[...]

Right on Derby. I got some 5 footers (3 footers were not available) for
under $5 from monoprice. Even their 10ft HDMI cables are under $5.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu 04 Jun 2009 10:29:15a, bud-- told us...

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I guess
there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

--
Wayne Boatwright
I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I guess
there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

No doubt it works well with the bragging rights crowd "see, I am special
because I have $1,900 of ***MONSTER*** cables here on this 122" TV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I guess
there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

Parked in front of a trailer worth less than the car, to boot, around here.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables.
I guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

Parked in front of a trailer worth less than the car, to boot, around here.

--
aem sends...

"Pickup truck" with outrageously expensive wheels parked
in front of a trailer. Oh, I forgot, it could be a Camaro
or El Camino.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. *I guess
there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

I was sitting at a red light when a set of spinners rolling up on the
cross street caught my eye.

I glanced at the spinners first, then the car, saying to myself
"That's just your basic, boring Buick. What's it doing with spinners?
Then my gaze found the driver. He had to be at least 80.

OK, if I saw an 80 YO driving some pimped-out ride with some fancy
spinners, I'd assume he borrowed it from someone. But this car fit the
driver perfectly, which made the spinners look really, really stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 06 Jun 2009 07:41:58a, George told us...

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

No doubt it works well with the bragging rights crowd "see, I am special
because I have $1,900 of ***MONSTER*** cables here on this 122" TV.

No doubt...

Actually, I do use Monster brand cables in my audio system, but they were
not expensive and purchased before the producers of Monster cable began
making outrageous products.

--
Wayne Boatwright
I told my doctor I get very tired when I go on a diet, so he gave

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 06 Jun 2009 11:36:42a, The Daring Dufas told us...

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

A good analogy.

--
Wayne Boatwright
You can say this for ready ~mixes ~the next generation isn't going

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

A good analogy.

I've known more than one cretin who installed a $1,000
sound system in a hooptie. It was a choice between a
stereo or huge chrome wheels.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 06 Jun 2009 10:39:59p, The Daring Dufas told us...

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp

The other had the most interesting reviews I have seen:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De.../dp/B000I1X6PM

bud--

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

TDD

A good analogy.

I've known more than one cretin who installed a $1,000
sound system in a hooptie. It was a choice between a
stereo or huge chrome wheels.

TDD

I probably have about $2,500 invested in my audio system, and it's really a
very simple system consisting only of a stereo power amp, preamp,
turntable, cd player, and speakers. It's not new, purchased in 2002, but
it satisfies all my audio needs and I have no plans to upgrade/enhance or
replace any part of it unless it dies, which given the decent quality, is
not likely to happen any time soon.

Chome wheels I can live without.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Always eat grapes downward ~that is eat the best grapes first; in

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
[...]

You have a turntable in your car?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable
[...]

Dang! You beat me to it.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

You have a turntable in your car?

Dang! You beat me to it.

TDD

Turntable was an option in 1957 on some Chrysler Corp cars. It slid out of
the dash on the right side. The discontinued it after only a year or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for cables. I
guess there's a fool/sucker born every minute.

Spinning chrome hub caps on 23" wheels that cost
more than the car is worth come to mind.

They're not all that expensive: Certainly no more than ten dollars.

That's per week per wheel at the (I'm not making this up) tire rental store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
You have a turntable in your car?

Dang! You beat me to it.

TDD

Turntable was an option in 1957 on some Chrysler Corp cars. It slid out of
the dash on the right side. The discontinued it after only a year or two.

Remember the talking cars of the 1980's? Chrysler used
a solid state unit but one of the Jap cars used a small
record player.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

[...]

When Monster stopped declaring their actual wire gauges in their
cables, I vowed to never buy another Monster cable again. I got some
great 25 foot (22 AWG gauge!) HDMI cables from monoprice.com at less
than the cost of a 3 foot Monster cable. I'm running it in-wall
across a room, never had a data error. For speaker cable I get
generic oxygen free copper in known gauges, the monster speaker cable
is way less than 18 gauge as they put a lot of clear insulation over
to make it look heavier.

People who buy these cables are goofy, you can get great cables at
much lower cost. If these people seen all the wiring that led up to
their power outlets they would realize that a shiny gold cable for the
last 3 feet is putting perfume on a pig. Good cables are a good idea,
but you can get very good cable at very good prices without the brand
and hype.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 07 Jun 2009 02:31:30a, aemeijers told us...

I saw a couple interesting links at sci.electronics.design

One is for an audio cable

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De...e/dp/B000I1X6P

[...]

uh, it's just now that I realized it was car audio that was being
discussed. slaps forehead

--
Wayne Boatwright
Did you ever stop to taste a carrot? Not just eat it, but taste