Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is MTS audio a victim of the latest cable company upgrading?

Deke wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Deke wrote:

Universal Cable rule # 1- They don't care about audio, or visual
quality,
and will always be geared to please the lowest common denominator.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule # 2- Even if they DO have a high quality signal
available to them, they will compress/mangle it (1080i to 720i, 5.1 to
distorted L-R mono) to save bandwidth.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule #3- Cable companies don't care if you have a $10,000
home entertainment center. Can you see a picture? Good!, and can you
hear
it? Good!, will always be good enough for them.

File a complaint with the FCC at

Universal Cable rule #4- Charge maximum amount of money for the poorest
choice of channels, with the worst possible signal quality. Increase
rates
at will.

Rate increases must be approved by the franchising authority. They
can not increase rates 'At will'.

This solved all my problems, AND gave me a far superior DVR...
www.dishnetwork.com

Tell me how well it works in heavy rain or fog. I have had outages
of over three full days becasue of bad weather, but the local cable
system worked after several hurricanes even though there was no
electricity in the area for over a month.

Who needs a DVR? There is life outside of watching TV. I spent over
a year with no TV or internet last decade, and all I missed was the
wether maps on the local TV news.

Local Mediacom cable service is HORRIBLE.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.