Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default BWS688 is dead

Hi,

I have two BWS688 transmitters for one BWS688 receptor. One BWS688
transmitter works, but the other does not work. This is not a range
question, as even if the BWS688 is placed very close to the main
station (receptor), its signal is never received (or at least
interpreted in some way). This is not a battery problem: I checked
with new batteries. The red `RF REMOTE SENSOR' lamp lightens from time
to time, just as with the other transmitter.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:27:41 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Hi,

I have two BWS688 transmitters for one BWS688 receptor. One BWS688
transmitter works, but the other does not work. This is not a range
question, as even if the BWS688 is placed very close to the main station
(receptor), its signal is never received (or at least interpreted in
some way). This is not a battery problem: I checked with new batteries.
The red `RF REMOTE SENSOR' lamp lightens from time to time, just as with
the other transmitter.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 7:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too,
but that does not take us further.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 18, 7:44Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too, but
that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did you
want to know?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 7:53*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too, but
that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did you
want to know?

Why it does not work...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 18, 7:53Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too,
but that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Why it does not work...

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem.
Check the devices that do the final amplification.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 8:28*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry too,
but that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Why it does not work...

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem.
Check the devices that do the final amplification.

You mean ... into the transmitter, right? How do I know which ones do
this?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:23:14 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 18, 8:28Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry
too, but that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Why it does not work...

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem.
Check the devices that do the final amplification.

You mean ... into the transmitter, right? How do I know which ones do
this?

I would start with a schematic, decide what parts do what and make some
tests with some gear I own designed to troubleshoot various problems
occurring within the device. I'd look for correct voltages, what stages
of the transmitter are operating nominally and then based on my findings
decided a course of action.

By the way did you mention you have any test equipment or posses any
troubleshooting skills or are you just an end-user?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 9:40*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:23:14 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 8:28*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry
too, but that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Why it does not work...

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem..
Check the devices that do the final amplification.

You mean ... into the transmitter, right? How do I know which ones do
this?

I would start with a schematic, decide what parts do what and make some
tests with some gear I own designed to troubleshoot various problems
occurring within the device. I'd look for correct voltages, what stages
of the transmitter are operating nominally and then based on my findings
decided a course of action.

By the way did you mention you have any test equipment or posses any
troubleshooting skills or are you just an end-user?

Okay. I'm between the end-user and the elec guru. I'll try it. Thanks!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Merciadri Luca" ha scritto nel messaggio
On May 18, 9:40 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:23:14 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 8:28 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Luca, I know well enough Meat Plow, don't take him for a "rude" person.
Still remember some answers given to another It ,an accountist who wanted to
become an expert electronic tech in a couple of days.
Was really fun to read his questions and M.P answers.
Meat Plow, I guess, is the kind of person who deals with electronics after a
lifetime of work and study and, just like me, gets irritaded from
silly/ingenuous questions.
Have a try, ask your questions on it.hobby.elettronica.riparazioni.
You'll have less troubles in explaining the problem.
Buona fortuna

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

I wasn't trying to be rude or disingenuous I was using a little
psychology. I don't know Mr. Luca or his technical abilities and he
doesn't seem to understand the process of being as precise as possible
when seeking some tech information. I did research his Blue Sky weather
apparatus but I couldn't find enough info on it in English to be of help.
Even if I were able to find english tech literature I don't think Mr.
Luca has the skill set to sort out the problem with the proper
references. I mentioned how I would go about evaluation and possibly
repair to demonstrate the procedure and let him make up his mind if he was
up to the task.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 8:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

No problem. The fact is that I'm not an electronic guru, sure. Note
that I'm not Italian, and that I consequently can't write topics in
Italian.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2010 13:59:46 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 19, 8:44Â*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't consider myself a guru on anything but older( vintage) tube
style guitar amps. It's hard to keep abreast of the wildly evolving
technology unless you deal with it as employment and are sent to school
on the stuff as a part of your job continuing education. That's why I'm
stuck in the 60s,70s, and 80s. I'm now a hobby repair making a few spare
bucks spending money but at times quite in demand for all sorts of
vintage gizmos and amps. I like dealing with point to point wiring,
standard PC board construction and don't like surface mount parts.
Some say it's never too late to learn but the zeal of new technology
service has long faded for me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Merciadri Luca" ha scritto nel messaggio
On May 19, 8:44 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:13:16 +0200, Vale wrote:
"Merciadri Luca" ha scritto nel messaggio

On May 18, 9:40 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:23:14 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 8:28 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

No problem. The fact is that I'm not an electronic guru, sure. Note
that I'm not Italian, and that I consequently can't write topics in
Italian.

Sorry Luca, your name & surname looks like just as mine, Italian.
Go ahead, get passionated in electronics and for shure you'll became as
expert as Meat Plow....
Can't help you with your gizmo, but it looks like it just doesn't transmit.
You will need some skill to investigate the power out RF stage as well as
the typical other basic circuits involved in p.s.
Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 11:36 pm, "Vale" wrote:
"Merciadri Luca" ha scritto nel
On May 19, 8:44 pm, Meat Plow wrote:

Sorry Luca, your name & surname looks like just as mine, Italian.
Go ahead, get passionated in electronics and for shure you'll became as
expert as Meat Plow....
Can't help you with your gizmo, but it looks like it just doesn't
transmit.
You will need some skill to investigate the power out RF stage as well as
the typical other basic circuits involved in p.s.
Good luck!

Thanks both. Actually, I _can_ verify if measures are correct at the
transmitter, but how can I know e.g. which voltages I should get
between a point A and a point B, both points being well defined? There
is absolutely no manual or tech. specs. for the transmitter.

Luca, I'll have a look around to see if I can find a diagram/repair manual
for you.
I've got a pair of hooks were to look at.
I'll let you know.

@Vale: You couldn't guess that I'm not really Italian. That is, my
name & surnames are Italian, but I'm not. But there is absolutely no
problem to it.

You're from Liege,is it?
I have been working several years around you and I met many Italians, born
in Belgium but reluctant to define themselves Italians.
Is it true, they are not and I don't blame at all.
I'll let you know for the gizmo, I have a couple of friends working in that
area, maybe they can give me access to the company database.
Ciao

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 20, 9:48*pm, "Vale" wrote:
You're from Liege,is it?
I have been working several years around you and I met many Italians, born
in Belgium but reluctant to define themselves Italians.
Is it true, they are not and I don't blame at all.

But sure that I'm not. If it was my country of origin, I would not be
ashamed to say it. Each nationality is equivalent.
I'll let you know for the gizmo, I have a couple of friends working in that
area, maybe they can give me access to the company database.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 20, 9:48*pm, "Vale" wrote:
You're from Liege,is it?
I have been working several years around you and I met many Italians, born
in Belgium but reluctant to define themselves Italians.
Is it true, they are not and I don't blame at all.
I'll let you know for the gizmo, I have a couple of friends working in that
area, maybe they can give me access to the company database.

Nice to hear that you came to Liège. This is a nice place.

More dead in Mexican Drug war in 3 yrs....5 x the number of dead in Iraq/Aghanistan Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 1 April 27th 10 05:57 AM
dead tv set Vince Electronics Repair 1 December 7th 08 07:01 PM
a.b.p.f., is it dead? Lowell Holmes Woodworking 24 July 4th 08 10:49 AM
NEC VN-36 VCR dead.. Mark D. Zacharias Electronics Repair 0 February 3rd 06 11:29 AM
Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone? Just Allan Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 05 01:27 PM