Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Merciadri Luca Merciadri Luca is offline

Default BWS688 is dead

On May 18, 9:40*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:23:14 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 8:28*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:56:56 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:53*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:49:02 -0700, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 7:44*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Sorry to hear one BWS688 isn't working.

Huh? That does not bring some new info to the topic. I'm sorry
too, but that does not take us further.

Oh,you wanted to go further? I just thought you were describing some
equipment you had and how it did or didn't operate. What further did
you want to know?

Why it does not work...

From your description, the transmitter portion seems to have a problem..
Check the devices that do the final amplification.

You mean ... into the transmitter, right? How do I know which ones do
this?

I would start with a schematic, decide what parts do what and make some
tests with some gear I own designed to troubleshoot various problems
occurring within the device. I'd look for correct voltages, what stages
of the transmitter are operating nominally and then based on my findings
decided a course of action.

By the way did you mention you have any test equipment or posses any
troubleshooting skills or are you just an end-user?

Okay. I'm between the end-user and the elec guru. I'll try it. Thanks!