Just Allan

Default Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone?

I bought a Panasonic G520 Mobile Phone a few years ago - I have always
suspected the battery was had it, even from new.

When I charge the phone, the battery shows a full charge and will stay
turned on in standby for hours - but when I try to dial a number the
phone switches off as if the battery is flat, even though the charge
is showing full bars. If I plug the charger in instead and then dial,
the phone works fine.

I was thinking of purchasing a new battery but I'm not sure now...
We've hardly ever used this phone - we wouldn't have even made an hour
of calls on it - but I don't want to throw good money after bad
either.

Anyone have any ideas how to find out if the fault is with the battery
or the phone itself?

Allan.