Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

Peter Hucker wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

And you are an expert on professional audio production?

Why would I need to be to know about batteries?

I agree! You troll on MANY subjects you have no clue about, so why
not batteries?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:38:59 -0000, Ron Johnson wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:43:09 -0000, Ron(UK) wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Ron wrote:
In your opinion maybe. Professionals in the sound industry use
quality replaceable batteries, they are reliable - reliability means
_everything_ when a show (or your job) is at stake.

Lame. I keep hearing this silly excuse. This is consumer high-street
shop level thinking. The whole audio industry is riddled with it. For
decades dull black boxes have been shifted with the letters PRO on
them, regardless of how tacky they are, never has an industry blown its
trumpet so loudly.
Err, we're talking radio mics here. And pro ones are in a different league
to the low end stuff. They have to be rugged - and possible to fix if
damaged.
In an industry where possibly 40 or 50, radio packs may be used nightly
on a single live show, do you really think they would use the more
expensive solution of using replacable batteries without good reason if
they could get away with using rechargables and saving money?
One microphone failure on a West End or Broadway show could cost a lot
of money and someone his or her job.

Ron(UK)
If you use decent NiMH batteries, and only use them for a year, you will be no more likely to have a flat mic than if you use alkalines.

And you are an expert on professional audio production?

Why would I need to be to know about batteries?

You are arguing with people who use radio microphones on a daily basis
as part of their profession, and you think you know better than them?

Ron(UK)
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:33:33 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:17:35 -0000, William Sommerwerck
wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months.
They're cheap smoke alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last
at least
a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on
ebay I believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

I did of course test them. They detect smoke perfectly well.

I suppose you waved a smoking parrot under each one?

Nah - he waved each of the smoke alarms at his dodgy homemade 12V fusebox.

What do you think set the parrots on fire in the first place? It
wasn't his all lead & plastic Chinese smoke alarms.

I love the smell of smoked parrot, in the early dawn of the morning!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:43:09 -0000, Ron(UK) wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Ron wrote:

[...]

Like I just said, microphones are nothing to do with battery chemistry.

If trains stop at train stations, what happens at workstations?
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:41:32 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:33:33 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:17:35 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months.
They're cheap smoke alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last at least
a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on ebay I believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

I did of course test them. They detect smoke perfectly well.

GMAFB!

Are you refuting that they detect smoke? What do you want, a video of me setting one off?

A man takes a lady out to dinner for the first time. Later they go on to a show.
The evening is a huge success and as he drops her at her door he says:
"I have had a lovely time. You looked so beautiful, you remind me of a beautiful rambling rose. May I call on you tomorrow?"
She agrees and a date is made.
The next night he knocks on her door and when she opens it she slaps him hard across the face.
He is stunned. "What was that for?" he asked.
She said "I looked up rambling rose on the Internet last night and it said:
'Not well suited to bedding but is excellent for rooting up against a garden wall.'"

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:04:03 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months. They're cheap smoke
alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last
at least a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on ebay
I believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

I did of course test them. They detect smoke perfectly well.

Ignore krw. He's a nincompoop.

It figures. PHucker and Grease make a fine pair. Add in the Dumb
Donkey, DimBulb, and Slowman and you likely have the entire market
for .99 smoke alarms. Real brains there, Grease.

Try putting some substance into your argument. If I want a conversation like this, I'll go talk to a 6 year old.

The teacher had given the class an assignment. He stresses the importance of this particular assignment, and that no excuses will be accepted except illness (with a medical certificate) or a death in the immediate family (with
a note from that member).
A smart-ass student pipes up: "What about extreme sexual exhaustion, sir?"
The class breaks up laughing, and when they settle down the teacher responds with: "Well, I guess you'll have to learn to write with your other hand."
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:52:24 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months. They're cheap smoke
alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last
at least a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on ebay
I believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

I did of course test them. They detect smoke perfectly well.

Ignore krw. He's a nincompoop.

It figures. PHucker and Grease make a fine pair. Add in the Dumb
Donkey, DimBulb, and Slowman and you likely have the entire market
for .99 smoke alarms. Real brains there, Grease.

Try putting some substance into your argument. If I want a conversation like this, I'll go talk to a 6 year old.

I don't have to when you folks do it many times every day for me?

Here we have a classic variant of "I know you are", again, a 6 years old's stance.

You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'Edit, Undo.'
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:03:48 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

t...

wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months.
They're cheap smoke alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last at
least
a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on ebay I
believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

A few years back I bought a stack of £1.99 smoke alarms from a supposedly
reputable chemists chain (the non-special offer price was quite a bit
higher). These alarms became insensitive to smoke after only a couple of
months - pressing the test button worked but holding a cigarette to the
sensor no longer set it off. The landlord subsequently installed commercial
duty rechargeable smoke alarms.

The £1.99 alarms turned out to be good value for the batteries they
contained, a handy source of battery clips and I may eventually find a use
for the very loud piezo sounders.

Don't tell PHucker that or he'll cry.

Guess what, mine still work.

Following an especially angry argument, Mr. and Mrs. Smith went to bed not speaking to each other. Needing to arise early the following morning, Mr. Smith left a note on his wife's bedside table that said "Wake me at six."
An exasperated Mr. Smith awoke at ten the following morning and rolled stiffly out of bed to see a note on his bedside table:
"It's six, you bum! Get out of bed!"
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

In this case it's a fact. Sorry, but it's beyond my power to
educate the terminally stupid, like you PHucker.

--
Keith

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:32:41 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:51:13 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:41:32 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:33:33 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:17:35 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

But the Duracells were lasting only 6 months.
They're cheap smoke alarms.

That's pretty bad. I've been using leftover Toshibas, and they last at least
a year.

I bought 6 smoke alarms at once, so I went for cheap ones. 99p on ebay I believe.

Oh, *that's* a smart move. Expected though.

I did of course test them. They detect smoke perfectly well.

GMAFB!

Are you refuting that they detect smoke? What do you want, a video of me setting one off?

No, dummy, I stating that anyone who would trust their life to a
smoke detector from the .99 store is an *idiot*. I am not refuting
your assertion that you do it or that you _are_ said *idiot*.

They work as advertised, therefore the cost or where they came from is irrelevant.

Stupid PHucker, as always.

Refute my statement or forever shut the **** up and stop making an ass of yourself.

And they are to save my house from damage, not my life.

Well, I suppose that pig pen is worth more than your life. You
really are that stupid, aren't you?

I can defend myself against fire, a house cannot.

Confucius say man who sniff coke, drown.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:33:52 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You've just done it again.

I hereby declare I'm out of troll food. Goodbye.

I got invited to a Muslim party the other night.
It was the fastest game of pass the parcel I've even seen!
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

In article ,
says...
[...]

I rest my case. Terminally stupid, as charged.

--
Keith
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Can't take the truth, eh PHucker?

--
Keith
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Peter Hucker wrote:

I hereby declare I'm out of troll food. Goodbye.

I guess you'll have to eat parrots until your next shipment arrives.
No need for you to be rude, just because you're hungry!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

news

wrote:

[...]

Hooray - PHuckers going for a Darwin award.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

I didn't know the brain dead could qualify?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

He'll likely get that wrong too.

I didn't know the brain dead could qualify?

I thought you had to be human to qualify. Donkeylanders don't
qualify.

--
Keith
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

That lets out most of England.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

DaveC wrote:

I want to keep some NiMH rechargeable 9v batteries in my tool bag (well, my
meter bag, actually). I am currently running a double loop of electrical tape
around the entire battery to insulate the terminals.

I'd like to use something more durable (one battery has had a terminal peek
through the tape) and was thinking about something like a battery terminal
connector but made of insulating material like nylon (probably of some
cheaper plastic).

Does such a thing exist? I did web searches, but maybe my terminology isn't
spot-on...

I used to use plastic DIP chip shipping tubes:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/...4213d96b_o.jpg

Cut a channel along the top to hold the batteries by their negative
terminals. For better grip, first drill holes the diameter of the
positive terminals. Plastic tubing, slit lengthwise, also works, and
the flexible type can be wrapped all around the battery for a better
grip.

Or you could glue the batteries together with double-stick tape or
silicone RTV, just enough to hold them securely but not so much that
they're hard to twist or pry apart.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:51:13 -0000, krw
wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:41:32 -0000, krw
wrote:

In article ,

says...

wrote:

[...]

Well England certainly has less Darwin award candidates per head of
population than the US.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:50:39 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

krw wrote:

[...]