toller

Default 60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

Unlikely. I have bought cheap aluminum bar clamps that just rip out when
you try to tighten them. Odds are these will also.

Paul Kierstead

In article ,
Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

I'm confused; have you confused Lee Valley with Walmart? Damn, man, if
you want to shop elsewhere, go for it, why you gotta pollute the ng with
this?

PK
Mike Richardson

TANSTAAFL

But many people think there is...

Retail Price V8 Commodore Current Model is $35,000 - I can get you one - no
faults, full warranty, same car completely, but different brand for $11,999.
See any thing that mite be wrong?

I await your abusive response.

Mike
Who wishes there was a Lee Valley Australia

"Robert" wrote in message

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

Slowhand

"Robert" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:22:42 -0400, Paul Kierstead
wrote:

In article ,
Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

I'm confused; have you confused Lee Valley with Walmart? Damn, man, if
you want to shop elsewhere, go for it, why you gotta pollute the ng with
this?

Listen you silly little prick.
This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps.
A common and accepted practice in this group.
If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

No. This is another of your assaults on Lee Valley. I buy Lee Valley stuff
because it's quality stuff. If you have a price problem, take your business
elsewhere. We call it "The American Way"
SH - Silly prick #2

RE Quick Transit

"Robert" wrote in message
Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.

Listen you silly little prick.
This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps.
A common and accepted practice in this group.
If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

'Tis you that is the silly prick.

If you wanted to give a heads up on a good deal, fine. Post it, we can make
up our minds.

Seems you have a hard-on with your tiny prick for Lee Valley. Most of us
here happen to like dealing with Lee Valley and show respect for them, as
well as many other vendors. If you had not made a derogatory remark, it
would have been a heads up. You turned it into something else. Tsk, tsk,
your mother would be ashamed to hear how you talk!

Joe Wells

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:17 +0000, Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95. That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

Whelp, one is 60" and one is 48", so I'd have to say "No".

Lessee... Oh, you're that guy trolling LV in the "Americans ... Lee
Valley" thread. The guy who has never posted to Usenet under this
name/e-mail address before now.

Never mind.

--
Joe Wells

TeamCasa

Mike said:
TANSTAAFL

That's funny! (I'm not hungry!)

Robert should find a local Harbor Freight store - they seem to have the
products he likes.

Note to Robin - You have a fine business. When are you opening a store in
Los Angeles?

Dave

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:57:51 GMT, Robert
wrote:

more crap.

plonk.....
mp

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in a LV
store yesterday), that are price competitive with Princess. Starting price
is around $10 or so. And these look nicer than those at Princess Auto.

I think I have a pretty good idea of why people throw cans of food at you
and spray paint on your clothing. Probably more to do with your personality
than your actions.

Al Reid

"Robert" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:52:34 GMT, "Mike Richardson"
wrote:

TANSTAAFL

But many people think there is...

Retail Price V8 Commodore Current Model is $35,000 - I can get you one -

no
faults, full warranty, same car completely, but different brand for

$11,999.

I've been told they are the SAME brand.
Until Robin Lee proves otherwise your analogy is just so much ass gas.

Bozo,

I think it is up to you to prove to yourself that it is the same or of
greater value or quality. If you want to buy the cheap one, by all means
do. Robin has no obligation to prove anything to you with regard to a
competitors product. Quit bitching already. You are making an ass out of
yourself.

If Lee Valley has a product I want at a price I feel is reasonable or
competitive, I buy it from them. Otherwise I look elsewhere. Bitching and
moaning is not going to change anything. Get over it already.

Scott Lurndal

Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

I'm confused; have you confused Lee Valley with Walmart? Damn, man, if
you want to shop elsewhere, go for it, why you gotta pollute the ng with
this?

Listen you silly little prick.
This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps.
A common and accepted practice in this group.
If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

It was a headsup until you put in the gratuitous slam to Lee Valley.

With your recent posting record, even if you hadn't slammed LV
explicitly, most would have considered it a slam anyway, and an
undeserved slam at that.

scott
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:17 GMT, Robert
wrote:

Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No.

Try reading Fine Woodworking (it's a magazine - I doubt you've seen
it). Last issue had a large head-to-head on different clamp brands.

Now for your "Princess Auto" clamps, they look awfully similar to ones
I get here in the UK as "Silverline". I love these clamps, even
though they cost me $25 from Screwfix. They're still pretty cheap, and
they're lightweight. They're very badly made though - everything is
sloppy, half the pin retainer clipss are missing, and they have the
worst rolled threads I've ever seen. Still, it means I can afford a
dozen "sash clamps" and they weigh little enough that I can use them
all on one glue-up without crushing it.

The Lee Valley product is obviously different - I can see at least
five differences from the ones I have, from the colour to the amount
of slop and loss of vertical register.

So, if you want the Princess ones, go to it - you won't regret it. If
you want something a little better for what is still a pretty low
price, then look at the LV ones.

--
Smert' spamionam
Rob Stokes

Rob't, this is wearing a little thin. I got a couple of chuckles from a few
of your other trolls, but I'm not chuckling anymore. Is this the real you or
did someone put your cornflakes in the wrong bowl?

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Robert" wrote in message

snipped

Listen you silly little prick.
This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps.
A common and accepted practice in this group.
If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

Unisaw A100

Anybody got a tuna boat?

UA100
Al Reid

"Robert" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:12:39 GMT, Village Idiot "Al Reid"
wrote:

I think it is up to you to prove to yourself

Robin has given TWO reasons why Canadians are paying more than Americans.

Reason one: It what the market will bear. In other words Canadians are charged
more because we are suckers willing to pay more.

Reason two: He needs to rip off Canadians to balance the loses he is taking from
American customers.

He said BOTH of these things. No wonder Americans support him.

Well, you have it in your power to stop his evil scheme. Just don't buy from him. Purchase from what ever supplier gives you the
most bang for the buck. If his pricing is, indeed, out of line, eventually, the lack of sales will dictate a change in the pricing
policies.

That is how I spend my money. I can find inexplicable differences in product prices within the US. I buy from reputable suppliers
who offer good service and reasonable prices. I suggest you do the same.
--
Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
is big enough to take away everything you have."

Rick

Uh ... you working your way up to the entire tuna fleet, including dockage &
processing facilities?

Rick

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Anybody got a tuna boat?

UA100

Paul Kierstead

In article ,
Robert wrote:

Listen you silly little prick.
This is a HEADSUP for a great deal on bar clamps.
A common and accepted practice in this group.
If you aren't interested then take your whining elsewhere.

Now look here you serious big ****,

"Silly" I'll give you. "Little prick"; I dunno, I try to stay out of
dick measuring contests so I don't really have a good basis for
measurement other then porn movies.

Heads up? Naw, I don't think so. Not sure what your problem (or goal)
is, but that was no heads-up. I expect it is just to pick a fight for
some fun, AKA trolling. And I have been successfully trolled, even
though I know better.
TeamCasa

"Robert" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:39:23 -0700, "TeamCasa"
wrote:

Note to Robin - You have a fine business.

Do you get a discount from Lee Valley if you can prove the **** on your
nose
came from Robin's ass?g

Is that the best reply you could think of?

Al Reid

"Robert" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:04:54 -0400, "Al Reid" wrote:

That is how I spend my money. I can find inexplicable differences in product prices within the US. I buy from reputable

suppliers
who offer good service and reasonable prices. I suggest you do the same.

Unfortunately Lee Valley has no real competition in the Canadian marketplace.
So they charge us more to subsidize lower prices for YOU, Americans, where they
do have competition.

That's OK. It helps to make up for us in the States subsidizing your lower priced prescription drugsg

Edwin Pawlowski

"Robert" wrote in message
:

Unfortunately Lee Valley has no real competition in the Canadian
marketplace.
So they charge us more to subsidize lower prices for YOU, Americans, where
they
do have competition.

Key word: Subsidize

I don't know and don't care if he is charging a different profit margin on
the US and CDN products, but how do you know he is subsidizing our parts. I
think you are not using that word properly.

Unisaw A100

Rick wrote:
Uh ... you working your way up to the entire tuna fleet, including dockage &
processing facilities?

Nope. Just one to throw at someone.

UA100
RE Quick Transit

"Robert" wrote in message

Sounds like we are subsidizing American customers to me.

How about we use the new Wish List feature on the LV web page and then you
Canadiens can just fill out your credit card information and have them sent
to us. In return, well send you a nice thank you card.

RE Quick Transit

"Robert" wrote in message

Because he basically said so? Read below. Lee Valley can't help out

Canadian
customers who pay too much right now because of loses on US customers.
Sounds like we are subsidizing American customers to me.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:43:54 -0400, "Rob Lee" wrote:

"Robert" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Maybe a little 'free shipping' to sweeten the pot?big smile
As you probably know many companies offer free shipping at Christmas.
I take advantage of these free shipping offers especially from the big

book
stores.

So we're taking a beating on exchange losses in the US, and offering free
shipping helps - how? bigger smile

OK, I've read, re-read, waited, and read again what is posted here. Sorry,
but I still don't see where Rob said the Canadiens are subsidizing anything.

I read that they are not making the intended markup on the US goods. I
inferred that they are making a fair profit on the Canadian shipped goods. I
see how he tried with a bit of humore asking how free shipping would be a
benefit to them as they are already making less profit than intended on
some sale so lowering the profit on others is of no value to LV, although it
may be to the consumer.

What I do see is a company that set prices, got beat on the exchange rate,
but still took the high road and honored the prices to their customers.
Only resolution I can see is to order the goods and have them shipped to a
US address and then pop across the borer to pick them up. If you choose to
do that, please stop at the duty free shop and pick me up a couple of liters
of my favorite beverage.

I'm sre nothing I can say will change your mind, so you may have the last
nasty swipe if you'd like it.

patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Anybody got a tuna boat?

[ Going for the woodworking tie-in... ]

'Member the one about the blind ship's carpenter who could name any wood by
smell?
snip
snip
The two sailors run off to find an old Lady de' Evening, way past her prime
snip
snip
sniff
"Oak door off a tuna boat!"

Har. Har. Har...

Rob Lee

"mp" wrote in message
Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in a

LV
store yesterday), that are price competitive with Princess. Starting price
is around $10 or so. And these look nicer than those at Princess Auto.

I think I have a pretty good idea of why people throw cans of food at you
and spray paint on your clothing. Probably more to do with your

personality
than your actions.

Hi -

Really am done replying to most of the nonsense from...well, you can figure
it out...

I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...

The $42.95 (CDN) clamps are made in USA - Adjustable Clamp Company...they
are not the same as the imports.

We also sell the inexpensive offshore clamps, in varying sizes - but only in
the retail stores, they're not on the web, nor in the catalogues. 48" model
is $13.50 (CDN) for 1, $12.15 for 4+...

Cheers -

Rob

RE Quick Transit

"Rob Lee" wrote in message
No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in

LV
store yesterday),

I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...

Rob

Thank you for the clarification.

BigDog

patrick conroy wrote in rec.woodworking

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Anybody got a tuna boat?

[ Going for the woodworking tie-in... ]

'Member the one about the blind ship's carpenter who could
name any wood by smell?
snip
snip
The two sailors run off to find an old Lady de' Evening,
way past her prime snip
snip
sniff
"Oak door off a tuna boat!"

Har. Har. Har...

How about the one where Al smelled the wood and Tim put his
sock on one and Al said it was some fungus infested wood
species. Har harhar.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.