toller

Default 60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

Unlikely. I have bought cheap aluminum bar clamps that just rip out when
you try to tighten them. Odds are these will also.

Paul Kierstead

In article ,
Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

I'm confused; have you confused Lee Valley with Walmart? Damn, man, if
you want to shop elsewhere, go for it, why you gotta pollute the ng with
this?

PK
Mike Richardson

TANSTAAFL

But many people think there is...

Retail Price V8 Commodore Current Model is $35,000 - I can get you one - no
faults, full warranty, same car completely, but different brand for $11,999.
See any thing that mite be wrong?

I await your abusive response.

Mike
Who wishes there was a Lee Valley Australia

"Robert" wrote in message

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

TeamCasa

Mike said:
TANSTAAFL

That's funny! (I'm not hungry!)

Robert should find a local Harbor Freight store - they seem to have the
products he likes.

Note to Robin - You have a fine business. When are you opening a store in
Los Angeles?

Dave

Joe Wells

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:17 +0000, Robert wrote:

At Princess Auto.
http://www.princessauto.com/moreinfo...13663&SCAN=CAN

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95. That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

Whelp, one is 60" and one is 48", so I'd have to say "No".

Lessee... Oh, you're that guy trolling LV in the "Americans ... Lee
Valley" thread. The guy who has never posted to Usenet under this
name/e-mail address before now.

Never mind.

--
Joe Wells

mp

Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in a LV
store yesterday), that are price competitive with Princess. Starting price
is around $10 or so. And these look nicer than those at Princess Auto.

I think I have a pretty good idea of why people throw cans of food at you
and spray paint on your clothing. Probably more to do with your personality
than your actions.

Rob Lee

"mp" wrote in message
Lee Valley Price for 48" Clamp 42.95.
That's quite a markup Robin.
Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in a

LV
store yesterday), that are price competitive with Princess. Starting price
is around $10 or so. And these look nicer than those at Princess Auto.

I think I have a pretty good idea of why people throw cans of food at you
and spray paint on your clothing. Probably more to do with your

personality
than your actions.

Hi -

Really am done replying to most of the nonsense from...well, you can figure
it out...

I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...

The $42.95 (CDN) clamps are made in USA - Adjustable Clamp Company...they
are not the same as the imports.

We also sell the inexpensive offshore clamps, in varying sizes - but only in
the retail stores, they're not on the web, nor in the catalogues. 48" model
is $13.50 (CDN) for 1, $12.15 for 4+...

Cheers -

Rob

RE Quick Transit

"Rob Lee" wrote in message
No, they're not the same product.

Lee Valley also has some inexpensive aluminum bar clamps (I saw them in

LV
store yesterday),

I will, however, clarify/answer legitimate points/questions that arise...

Rob

Thank you for the clarification.

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:17 GMT, Robert
wrote:

Princess Auto claims they are the identical product, just a ton cheaper.
Is that true?

No.

Try reading Fine Woodworking (it's a magazine - I doubt you've seen
it). Last issue had a large head-to-head on different clamp brands.

Now for your "Princess Auto" clamps, they look awfully similar to ones
I get here in the UK as "Silverline". I love these clamps, even
though they cost me $25 from Screwfix. They're still pretty cheap, and
they're lightweight. They're very badly made though - everything is
sloppy, half the pin retainer clipss are missing, and they have the
worst rolled threads I've ever seen. Still, it means I can afford a
dozen "sash clamps" and they weigh little enough that I can use them
all on one glue-up without crushing it.

The Lee Valley product is obviously different - I can see at least
five differences from the ones I have, from the colour to the amount
of slop and loss of vertical register.

So, if you want the Princess ones, go to it - you won't regret it. If
you want something a little better for what is still a pretty low
price, then look at the LV ones.

--
Smert' spamionam
Unisaw A100

Anybody got a tuna boat?

UA100

Rick

Uh ... you working your way up to the entire tuna fleet, including dockage &
processing facilities?

Rick

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Anybody got a tuna boat?

UA100

Unisaw A100

Rick wrote:
Uh ... you working your way up to the entire tuna fleet, including dockage &
processing facilities?

Nope. Just one to throw at someone.

UA100
patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Anybody got a tuna boat?

[ Going for the woodworking tie-in... ]

'Member the one about the blind ship's carpenter who could name any wood by
smell?
snip
snip
The two sailors run off to find an old Lady de' Evening, way past her prime
snip
snip
sniff
"Oak door off a tuna boat!"

Har. Har. Har...

BigDog

patrick conroy wrote in rec.woodworking

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Anybody got a tuna boat?

[ Going for the woodworking tie-in... ]

'Member the one about the blind ship's carpenter who could
name any wood by smell?
snip
snip
The two sailors run off to find an old Lady de' Evening,
way past her prime snip
snip
sniff
"Oak door off a tuna boat!"

Har. Har. Har...

How about the one where Al smelled the wood and Tim put his
sock on one and Al said it was some fungus infested wood
species. Har harhar.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.