RE Quick Transit

"Robert" wrote in message

Because he basically said so? Read below. Lee Valley can't help out

Canadian
customers who pay too much right now because of loses on US customers.
Sounds like we are subsidizing American customers to me.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:43:54 -0400, "Rob Lee" wrote:

"Robert" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Maybe a little 'free shipping' to sweeten the pot?big smile
As you probably know many companies offer free shipping at Christmas.
I take advantage of these free shipping offers especially from the big

book
stores.

So we're taking a beating on exchange losses in the US, and offering free
shipping helps - how? bigger smile

OK, I've read, re-read, waited, and read again what is posted here. Sorry,
but I still don't see where Rob said the Canadiens are subsidizing anything.

I read that they are not making the intended markup on the US goods. I
inferred that they are making a fair profit on the Canadian shipped goods. I
see how he tried with a bit of humore asking how free shipping would be a
benefit to them as they are already making less profit than intended on
some sale so lowering the profit on others is of no value to LV, although it
may be to the consumer.

What I do see is a company that set prices, got beat on the exchange rate,
but still took the high road and honored the prices to their customers.
Only resolution I can see is to order the goods and have them shipped to a
US address and then pop across the borer to pick them up. If you choose to
do that, please stop at the duty free shop and pick me up a couple of liters
of my favorite beverage.

I'm sre nothing I can say will change your mind, so you may have the last
nasty swipe if you'd like it.