Old February 5th 20, 05:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Old Posts

On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

--
Jack

Old February 8th 20, 05:07 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2020 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

What?

Self explanatory!

--
Jack
Old February 8th 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 11:07:05 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 2/5/2020 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

What?

Self explanatory!

We are not listening to you remember?
Old February 8th 20, 11:30 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/8/2020 5:17 PM, Markem wrote:
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 11:07:05 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 2/5/2020 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

What?

Self explanatory!

We are not listening to you remember?

Easy to say, but have you paid your dues? I sent him payment in cash.
It was due on the first.

Old February 9th 20, 02:58 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 11:07:09 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 2/5/2020 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

What?

Self explanatory!

What? (I'm not listening, so I don't know what you said.)

If you say it again, I'll listen, but that would make you a liar 'cuz
you said no one listens to you other than you. Wait...maybe you wouldn't
be a liar, just mistaken. That's not as bad.

I know...I'll just pretend to listen. I've been taking lessons from SWMBO.
She's really good at it.

Old February 9th 20, 06:36 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Easy to say, but have you paid your dues? I sent him payment in cash.
It was due on the first.

I made a burnt offering to him.

Happily, he wasn't interested in the steak I had on top of it.

Puckdropper

Old February 9th 20, 03:50 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/8/2020 5:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Too little too late. I already banned you from the forum, your posts
are invisible to all!

--
Jack
Old February 9th 20, 03:55 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/8/2020 8:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 11:07:09 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 2/5/2020 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 11:10:48 AM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2020 7:04 PM, Tom Crist wrote:
It seems that some VERY old posts are getting revived here. It might have something to do with changing hosts or ????? Some seem to be re-posts from other forums.

It would probably be good for the forum manager to archive posts over say 5 years so they could be read but not responded to. Until then, readers should pay attention to the date of the original post to gauge if it is still relevant.

I'm the forum manager, but no one listens to me other than me....

What?

Self explanatory!

What? (I'm not listening, so I don't know what you said.)

You're hearing, but not listening.

If you say it again, I'll listen, but that would make you a liar 'cuz
you said no one listens to you other than you. Wait...maybe you wouldn't
be a liar, just mistaken. That's not as bad.

I See The Problem. I'm Speaking English, Your Listening In Dumbass!

I know...I'll just pretend to listen. I've been taking lessons from SWMBO.
She's really good at it.

--
Jack

3" fence posts or 4" fence posts? Al-W UK diy 24 June 7th 17 11:07 PM
Gate posts, fence posts & rotting gareth UK diy 40 May 21st 15 09:09 AM
Old concrete fence posts and shed floor David WE Roberts UK diy 4 September 13th 09 12:56 PM
Old,old timber posts Tom Gardner Woodworking 18 June 25th 06 04:34 AM
Distance between posts for 5 x 3 posts and 6ft featheredge the carpet man UK diy 2 March 27th 06 05:21 PM