Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft

Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...10%2F03%2F2013

I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got another.
It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from Bessey for the
old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see if they'll sell.
I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and apart from a few minor
cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and metal handles instead of
wood) they are virtually identical. Given that most manufacturers are getting
upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a
steal. This is a good chance to add to your old K-body collection before the
prices jump up by %40.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2013 3:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...10%2F03%2F2013

I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got
another. It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from
Bessey for the old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see
if they'll sell. I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and
apart from a few minor cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and
metal handles instead of wood) they are virtually identical. Given that
most manufacturers are getting upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship
bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a steal. This is a good chance to
add to your old K-body collection before the prices jump up by %40.

Yes, I got them when they were branded woodcraft about 3 years ago.
Those blocks suck though. The oval prevents them from getting close to
the corner. I was foolish enough to buy 2 sets of blocks and not use
them until it was too late... ...

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2013 6:14 PM, woodchucker wrote:
[...]

I never saw the Woodcraft brand clamps, but I don't think they're the same. At
least that's what the salesman at Woodcraft said. He had some complaints about
the older Woodcraft clamps that I don't think are an issue with these. Can't
remember what he said the complaint was though...

I've never used any of the blocks I've gotten with any of my clamp sets. I
probably could have, but it's never crossed my mind at the time I've been
clamping things up, and they're tucked away in a drawer somewhere, so out of
site out of mind... :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2013 9:57 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
[...]

Not sure what the problem is, I like them. Not really different from the
bessey's.. time will tell. They have been used quite a lot.
You can never have too many clamps ;-)

--
Jeff

Woodcraft $20 clamp set caution J. Clarke Woodworking 6 December 19th 06 06:00 PM
Woodcraft clamp deal RayV Woodworking 48 November 30th 06 07:00 PM
Woodcraft clamp sale Charlie M. 1958 Woodworking 11 November 28th 06 07:12 PM
Amazon Bessey clamp deal Wes Stewart Woodworking 5 November 26th 05 01:44 AM
BOGO borg clamp deal... loutent Woodworking 0 September 9th 05 02:05 AM