Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft

Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...10%2F03%2F2013

I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got another.
It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from Bessey for the
old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see if they'll sell.
I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and apart from a few minor
cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and metal handles instead of
wood) they are virtually identical. Given that most manufacturers are getting
upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a
steal. This is a good chance to add to your old K-body collection before the
prices jump up by %40.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.