Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft

On 10/11/2013 3:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208...10%2F03%2F2013

I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got
another. It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from
Bessey for the old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see
if they'll sell. I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and
apart from a few minor cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and
metal handles instead of wood) they are virtually identical. Given that
most manufacturers are getting upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship
bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a steal. This is a good chance to
add to your old K-body collection before the prices jump up by %40.

Yes, I got them when they were branded woodcraft about 3 years ago.
Those blocks suck though. The oval prevents them from getting close to
the corner. I was foolish enough to buy 2 sets of blocks and not use
them until it was too late... ...

--
Jeff