Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcraft $20 clamp set caution

Just a reminder--check the surfaces before you use them.

Found that one of mine had a big metal blob in the middle of one of the
flats. Unfortunately I found it by knocking a big divot into a nice piece
of quina.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just a reminder--check the surfaces before you use them.

Found that one of mine had a big metal blob in the middle of one of the
flats. Unfortunately I found it by knocking a big divot into a nice piece
of quina.

Thanks for the heads up, but I always use some 1/8" hard boards scraps to
protect the workpeice....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Locutus" wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just a reminder--check the surfaces before you use them.

Found that one of mine had a big metal blob in the middle of one of the
flats. Unfortunately I found it by knocking a big divot into a nice

piece
of quina.

Thanks for the heads up, but I always use some 1/8" hard boards scraps to
protect the workpeice....

One of mine had the defect also, I filed it down, but I also always use
scraps to shield the work piece as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:05:34 -0500, Locutus wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Just a reminder--check the surfaces before you use them.

Found that one of mine had a big metal blob in the middle of one of the
flats. Unfortunately I found it by knocking a big divot into a nice piece
of quina.

Thanks for the heads up, but I always use some 1/8" hard boards scraps to
protect the workpeice....

This one was big enough to poke through a 1/8" board. I mean _serious_
blob.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Panic" wrote:

One of mine had the defect also, I filed it down, but I also always use
scraps to shield the work piece as well. Thanks for the heads up!

"Filed it down"? You mean the flats are *metal*, not covered with plastic
pads? No wonder they're so cheap.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "Panic"

wrote:

One of mine had the defect also, I filed it down, but I also always use
scraps to shield the work piece as well. Thanks for the heads up!

"Filed it down"? You mean the flats are *metal*, not covered with plastic
pads? No wonder they're so cheap.

Some have the plastic pads, a couple of the clamps don't

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

One of mine had the defect also, I filed it down, but I also always use
scraps to shield the work piece as well. Thanks for the heads up!

"Filed it down"? You mean the flats are *metal*, not covered with plastic
pads? No wonder they're so cheap.

Some have the plastic pads, a couple of the clamps don't

And had one of those pads decide to slip off yesterday, (with the clamp
tightened down on it) resulting in the clamp landing on the floor.

They _look_ like Jorgensen 3700s and but they sure don't work like them.

I'd say that for 20 bucks I got my money's worth.

Woodcraft clamp deal RayV Woodworking 48 November 30th 06 07:00 PM
Woodcraft clamp sale Charlie M. 1958 Woodworking 11 November 28th 06 07:12 PM
Hechinger - use caution Steve W Woodworking 7 May 13th 06 12:25 AM
TR-Clamp or Triple Clamp??? 444 Home Ownership 2 March 25th 06 10:18 PM
Supply 5,8,10 Pair Clamp Module,Orbit Clamp Module,LSA Profile-Anschlussleiste [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 03:26 AM